Makro Bread

pixelaoffy

2 hours ago, topt said:

Where Ukraine may be exporting less, RU is filling the void, and had the largest jump of export to TH last year, of $65m.

Thailand actually exports some wheat .. ????

TH's import of, along with a bit going out.  First link explains a slight drop

in demand for wheat, and I guess without 30m ish tourist, makes sense:

https://www.world-grain.com/articles/16225-thai-wheat-imports-forecast-to-decline

https://oec.world/en/profile/bilateral-product/wheat/reporter/tha#:~:text=Thailand imports Wheat primarily from,United States (%2420.7M).

image.png.ed02987c820b42df56c4acc74d16dcba.png

6 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Where Ukraine may be exporting less, RU is filling the void, and had the largest jump of export to TH last year, of $65m.

Thailand actually exports some wheat .. ????

Yes, and due to the global wheat price spiking, maybe Thailand's is exporting a greater amount of their wheat? I can't imagine that Russia is filling any void with bargain-priced wheat. I also understand that the Russians are being challenged for exporting misappropriated Ukrainian wheat.

While the conflict persists, there will be more frequent and more prolonged shortages.

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Maybe you're getting mixed up with 7 Eleven bread. On the cake scale I'd put 7 Eleven 1st, Continental Bakery 2nd, Makro distant 3rd

The you know nothing about 'whole wheat " non white bread . If you put 7-11 first 

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

I like Makro, but the bread? Not so much. 

I agree, I used to enjoy one of their freshly-baked baguettes but they've even messed those up now, for the last six months or more they've been soft and soggy instead of crisp whenever I looked. I usually buy bread from Rick's or the Continental, and any wastage gets crumbled up and put out in the garden for the birds, who love it. I bought a large sliced white loaf in Makro last year and found it inedible, so I put some of that out for the birds and they refused to touch it! Pecky birds, or is that picky, lol?

Whole wheat is readily available, it is just more expensive. We use the Italian flour to make our pizza at home. It has gone up from 54 baht to 89 baht, due partly to Putin's escapades, and partly due to corporate gouging, which is becoming very common, using covid as a cover, or an excuse.

And most wheat bread is no more than 50% wheat, at most. The rest is white flour.  

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Guderian said:

I agree, I used to enjoy one of their freshly-baked baguettes but they've even messed those up now, for the last six months or more they've been soft and soggy instead of crisp whenever I looked. I usually buy bread from Rick's or the Continental, and any wastage gets crumbled up and put out in the garden for the birds, who love it. I bought a large sliced white loaf in Makro last year and found it inedible, so I put some of that out for the birds and they refused to touch it! Pecky birds, or is that picky, lol?

Bread is the best. The rest of products   poor quality 

Nice to see you all have strong opinions about bread????. And kind of you to let the OP know. .  But he didn't ask for your opinions..... He wanted to know where he can get this particular brand (which he seems to like)????

8 hours ago, bbko said:

ARO brand (as mentioned in the OP); tasteless low quality budget brand

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, SchuetzRob said:

Nice to see you all have strong opinions about bread????. And kind of you to let the OP know. .  But he didn't ask for your opinions..... He wanted to know where he can get this particular brand (which he seems to like)????

Makro, sometimes

• Haha 1

Most of the world's wheat comes from Ukraine and Russia. 

Little to none has been exported for four months, resulting in a doubling of the price and a serious shortage. 

My local Makro store in Lampang has had no whole wheat bread for a month now. 

• Confused 1