End of Thailand Pass...

richard_smith237

IT seems the CCSA have just agreed to cancel the Thailand Pass for international arrivals from 1st July. 

Arrivals simply need to show proof of vaccination. 

I’m not sure what that means for those who are not vaccinated.

Outdoor mask requirements also lifted (with the exception of busy areas). 

I’m guessing more ‘official’ announcements will be made soon.... 

So far its just Khaosod who are reporting this. 

https://www.facebook.com/KhaosodEnglish

• Like 2

1 minute ago, internationalism said:

also insurance not required.

Those not vaxed do pcr test and show at check in and on arrival.

Also they were doing pcr tests in thailand airports if certificate was not clear about negative

So almost back to normal, good news indeed

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Indeed.... Sadly for Thailand most of potential European sumo holiday makers have already booked up their Summer Holiday breaks and perhaps made nay-decision based on the Thailand Pass requirements. 

I hope Thailand can now put this to bed and keep from the negative publicity of arresting tourists for smoking dope after so much fan-fare and announcements of legalising it.... 

Its time the tourism industry in Thailand had a good break and all those small businesses can recover... 

I would argue that the European Summer holiday break is a minor factor - this is low season for a reason; less people travel to Thailand.

What the proposal does impact on is the planning for 'winter' holidays i.e. Thailand high season. I know several people who are now likely to book something.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

I would argue that the European Summer holiday break is a minor factor - this is low season for a reason; less people travel to Thailand.

What the proposal does impact on is the planning for 'winter' holidays i.e. Thailand high season. I know several people who are now likely to book something.

Fair enough - I live in BKK and never really noticed the ‘seasons’...  But everyone I know travels here in the Summer holidays (longer School break) etc...    

This lifting of the Thailand pass is definitely a positive for those planning ’their break’ later on in the year as well as regional weekend breaks etc... 

• Like 1

In actual practical terms I think having the Thailand pass, getting rid of the TM6, having the cheap Covid insurance option to add on to say free credit card insurance that has no Covid cover, was good. Not hard and makes it easy when you get here. But I guess some dont like the mucking about before the trip, and think it is more than it is,  so better to go back to before.