Border Run or Extension?

Seeking some input and knowledge about my options.

I entered Thailand using a Non O multi entry Visa, my permission to stay expires at the end of July.

I assume I will have to do a border crossing at my nearest one at Chong Chom or a similar border crossing then, to get another 90 days. If not I will have to fly out and return by air.

My Visa has an expiry date of early March 2023, can I extend this Visa now? Or, do I have to wait until close to it's expiry date and continue to do border crossings every 90 days? Reason I would like to extend it now is I have the money in the bank for the required time and may not have it later.
IMG20220618100701.jpg

Visas are not extended. Only your 90 day permit to stay can be extended and you could apply for one near the end of your current 90 day entry.

What is the basis for your non-o visa.

If married to a Thai you can apply for 60 day extension to visit them or a one year extension of stay.

You can use your visa for entry and get a new 90 day entry by land, sea or air.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Visas are not extended. Only your 90 day permit to stay can be extended and you could apply for one near the end of your current 90 day entry.

What is the basis for your non-o visa.

If married to a Thai you can apply for 60 day extension to visit them or a one year extension of stay.

You can use your visa for entry and get a new 90 day entry by land, sea or air.

My non-o is based on Marriage, Joe.

So, I can apply for a one year extension of stay before my current permission runs out at the end of July or, do a border crossing, get another 90 days and continue to do this until near the end of my Visa validity on 8 March?

17 minutes ago, Coota said:

My Visa has an expiry date of early March 2023, can I extend this Visa now?

You would be extending your permission of stay.

You can either extend by 60 to visit wife or obtain a 12 month extension based on marriage using money in bank method.

Why not do a 60 extension and a border run after that.

Obtain the 12 month extension as late as possible. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Coota said:

So, I can apply for a one year extension of stay before my current permission runs out at the end of July or, do a border crossing, get another 90 days and continue to do this until near the end of my Visa validity on 8 March?

Yes and you can use your visa for a new entry up to the day expires.

You can also apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife for each 90 day entry that allows a stay of almost 5 months.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes and you can use your visa for a new entry up to the day expires.

You can also apply for a 60 day extension of each 90 day entry that allows a stay of almost 5 months.

Wow, didn't know that. So, I would apply for the 60 day extension at my local Immigration office? Then, when that expires, do a border crossing, come back with another 90 days then apply for the 12 month extension. 

2 minutes ago, Coota said:

Wow, didn't know that. So, I would apply for the 60 day extension at my local Immigration office? Then, when that expires, do a border crossing, come back with another 90 days then apply for the 12 month extension. 

You could apply for another 60 day extension or the one year extension.

41 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You could apply for another 60 day extension or the one year extension.

I just realised that, if I extended by 60 days, I would have to get a re-entry permit to do my border run?

It might be a lot easier just to do border runs every 90 days, say 2 land border and one by air which would take me up to when my Visa expires. Land crossings are easy for me as I'm close to a checkpoint. 

Edited by Coota

3 minutes ago, Coota said:

I just realised that, if I extended by 60 days, I would have to get a re-entry permit to do my border run?

No you exit towards end of your 60 day extension without reentry permit and enter with your ME non O.

You will be stamped in for 90 days and that can be extended by 60 to visit wife. 

• Thanks 1