UK VISA through VFS - Is fast-track available for tourist visa?

Hi,

I couldn't get a straight answer out of VFS or UKVI on this.

They are prioritising Ukraine visa's for sure...

Please be informed that UKVI is currently prioritizing applications made under the Ukraine Family Scheme, As a result, UKVI has temporarily suspended priority and super-priority services for all non-visit routes.

Has anyone successfully used the Fast-Track lately for a simple tourist Visa? I assume this is a "Visit" route.

I asked specifically about Fast-Track for a simple Tourist Visa and got the below response after about a week.

Dear Lee,

Thank you for writing to us.

Please be informed that UKVI is currently prioritizing applications made under the Ukraine Family Scheme, As a result, UKVI has temporarily suspended priority and super-priority services for all non-visit routes.

We request you to keep a check on our website for further updates on the availability.

Further, we request you to kindly contact the international inquiry center as they will be in a better position to assist with your concern.

Link: https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk/y/outside-the-uk/english

We thank you for your understanding.

Warm Regards,

VFS Global Customer Care

Anyone have any recent experiences they would be kind enough to share?

Far from fast-track I got an email from the New Dehli VFS office saying that the application we put in for one of the family would take 9-10 weeks & this was after 6 weeks waiting for a reply but what I don't understand & can't get an answer for is why another application put in at the exact time as they both had their bio-metric readings (photo & fingerprints) done at the same time but that application came back successfully after 2 weeks.

Why is an organisation that is sanctioned by the UK government allowed to act is such a poor manner while being unanswerable to all & sundry.

They are dealing with people's lives here & don't seen to give a flying f*** while charging them for the privilege of being f*****

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, SidJames said:

Far from fast-track I got an email from the New Dehli VFS office saying that the application we put in for one of the family would take 9-10 weeks & this was after 6 weeks waiting for a reply but what I don't understand & can't get an answer for is why another application put in at the exact time as they both had their bio-metric readings (photo & fingerprints) done at the same time but that application came back successfully after 2 weeks.

Why is an organisation that is sanctioned by the UK government allowed to act is such a poor manner while being unanswerable to all & sundry.

They are dealing with people's lives here & don't seen to give a flying f*** while charging them for the privilege of being f*****

It's disgraceful, but VFS are not the guilty party as they're merely the 'drop box'.  UK Visit visas are issued by UKVI in India, which is part of the UK Home Office.  Priti Patel is who to blame!

As of April 2022, the priority service was still available for UK Visitor Visas.
At the end of the application, you'll be directed to select and pay for the service required and book an appointment for biometrics.

Two friends applied in April.
One for the 5-year Visitor Visa, and under the assumption applications were taking up to 10 weeks, paid for the priority service.
It was approved after 3 days.

The second submitted a standard application, standard fee, and it was approved after 10 days.
Both had previous Visa applications approved.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My wife handed in her passport and completed application exactly 3 weeks ago to VFS.

When she was in there they told her it would take around 11 weeks unless she paid 10,000 Baht for expedited processing.

She just received her passport back with her approved visa in it today. 

YMMV