Suspect claims he robbed gold shop to cover losses from crypto investments

snoop1130

2C45F6BB-93C9-4721-B62C-980F0CAC7B0B-600x338.png

A suspected gold shop thief has allegedly told the police that he robbed the shop of gold ornaments, worth about 1.8 million baht, to compensate for heavy losses incurred through his investments in Bitcoin.

The suspect, 34-year-old Montri, was arrested in the Bang Lamphu Lang area of Khlong San district in Bangkok, about 11 hours after he had robbed the Buan Lee gold shop in Wang Burapha yesterday (Sunday) of 60-baht weight (~31.6 ounces) in gold necklaces.

During police questioning, Montri said that he parked his motorcycle in front of the shop, walked in with a pistol and fled with the gold, adding that he hid the bike in Somdet Chao Phraya Soi 7 and then returned to his home in Charoen Nakhon Soi 34 with the loot.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/suspect-claims-he-robbed-gold-shop-to-cover-losses-from-crypto-investments/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-06-20

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

A suspected gold shop thief has allegedly told the police that he robbed the shop of gold ornaments, worth about 1.8 million baht, to compensate for heavy losses incurred through his investments in Bitcoin.

Oh that's OK then off you go lad and don't do it again ....................LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

Oh that's OK then off you go lad and don't do it again ....................LOL

Yes, he was very honest to why he did it. He didn't say the devil made me do it or to feed my staving kids which he has none. Yes, go free and take the gold with you , you honest guy.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Riches to rags... 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Should have invested in gold instead of crypto. My total cash investment for crypto purchase is $300 which is now $100. I bought an LTC mining machine for $1,200 and mined 5 LTC. I get free power from Solar in my las Vegas home. So basically all the five coins were mined for free except the mining machine investment. I have even stopped mining now. Mining machines are still holding their value and I could sell it on eBay for $700 as of today. That is my total crypto loss. 

13 minutes ago, Onerak said:

Should have invested in gold instead of crypto. My total cash investment for crypto purchase is $300 which is now $100. I bought an LTC mining machine for $1,200 and mined 5 LTC. I get free power from Solar in my las Vegas home. So basically all the five coins were mined for free except the mining machine investment. I have even stopped mining now. Mining machines are still holding their value and I could sell it on eBay for $700 as of today. That is my total crypto loss. 

50% depreciation on the mining machine isn’t really holding its value lol 

how long ago did you buy it? Interesting I was selling my gaming laptop online, some guy low balled me for it and said it was for crypto mining. I felt bad and said ok to the price. I told him and his wife that crypto was really risky and their answer was that they were born in Thailand with no opportunities so I could understand them taking a chance on crypto. Wonder how they’re doing. 

does it even matter why any gold shop is robbed ..... ?

because I lost on crypto coins.

because I needed cash to buy cigarettes and beer.

because I have to pay my room and give the gf some cash.

because I need a new bike.

because I lost alot gambling on football.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dj230 said:

50% depreciation on the mining machine isn’t really holding its value lol 

I was expecting nobody will pay anything for a used unit now because  mining is a negative investment at present if someone has to pay for electricity. I was happy when I found out that the second hand units are now available for $700 in eBay + 120 for the power unit. (My total investment was 1200 including the power unit). New units are off the market. But I'm not selling it. I am not selling anything, including the 5 coins I have mined so far. I am just greedy. I am considering my  crypto investment of 1200 + 300 is a total loss. Will see what happens next year or five years from now. I can resume mining if it ever picks up. May be I will repurpose it for brute force password cracking for hacking purposes ????

Edited by Onerak

On 6/22/2022 at 8:36 PM, Stargeezr said:

Yup the glory days of crypto are gone. Poof.

Nice to be poor enough to have no money worries.

That reminds me of a chap who told me that he came into the world with nothing and still has most of it left.