Website to find rented houses

Having sold our house we are looking for a smaller house to rent until we decide on our next move. 

Whenever I search the net for rental houses I only get results from farang estate agent websites.  I have tried typing in Thai but the same sites come up...also all info about the properties is written in English. 

I just want a basic small house with garden that is not on a gated housing estate. 

I can't believe that Thai people find their houses to rent off these English sites. 

Is it just a matter or word of mouth, or driving around looking for a sign on a house gate? 

It also helps sometimes if you stop- at a sign of a house you may not be interested in. Go out of your car, have a look and many times one of the neighbours will come to meet you for a talk. Lots of interesting info can be retrieved.

Good luck....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Halfaboy said:

It also helps sometimes if you stop- at a sign of a house you may not be interested in. Go out of your car, have a look and many times one of the neighbours will come to meet you for a talk. Lots of interesting info can be retrieved.

Good luck....

That is a great idea. ????

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kanchon said:

Had the same problem. I drove around in the area and asked people in local shops. Got a lot of interesting information. Found a house for rent and a plot to buy.

Thanks. I am going to take this advise from the other posters and yourself. 

We are in limbo at the moment having to decide to stay here of go back to UK.  Been here nearly 20 years.  Like both countries to live and can't decide on our next adventure.  Time running out as we both getting older. 

So we will rent for a year then decide if we want to build a new house here or buy a place in UK. 

Ideally we would do 50/50 between the 2 countries....but realistically that is not best option financially,  and I have real fear of flying...plus we have 2 pet dogs which makes it more complicated. 

Thanks for all the help posters!  

• Like 1

On 6/21/2022 at 1:16 PM, jak2002003 said:

Is it just a matter or word of mouth, or driving around looking for a sign on a house gate? 

pretty good approach.. and when you get really good at it, you will be able to limit it to a neighborhood you like

• 3 weeks later...