What are you doing to ensure the integrity of the food supply for you and your family?

6 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

Years  ago i thought about buying a briquette machine to make charcoal out of farm waste.

Went down the path of a cold oil press instead.

Might be time to look again as you will need to cook somehow the food you can get.

I'll use one of those abandoned True satellite dishes with some bits of broken mirror and build a solar powered grill.  Leftovers on cloudy days.

3 hours ago, Adumbration said:

It is funny that you guys are posting off hand jokes and nonsense.  You need to flag this post.  In the near future you will realise that this is a real and very important issue.  It may well be the most significant catalyst for China moving on Taiwan also.

They're probably taking it a tad less than seriously because, like me, they're getting a distinct "chicken little" vibe from your posts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adumbration said:

Don't act surprised when there is no food available for you to buy. You were warned.

I will never have food shortage, my family has farmland and fisherman. If you ask nice you might be able to buy some for a good price (good for my family that is).

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Eggs last a long time 1 year +, if you rub them with an oily rag before storing.

Then they last even longer pickled.

I used to get eggs like that when we went away to the Army camp at Puckapunyal, can't say they were a memorable taste sensation. That, and powdered eggs. No-one commits food atrocities quite like the military.

I store my eggs in the refrigerator, they don't last more than 3-4 days.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

They're probably taking it a tad less than seriously because, like me, they're getting a distinct "chicken little" vibe from your posts.

He should change name to Amagedon. ????

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I used to get eggs like that when we went away to the Army camp at Puckapunyal, can't say they were a memorable taste sensation. That, and powdered eggs. No-one commits food atrocities quite like the military.

I store my eggs in the refrigerator, they don't last more than 3-4 days.

Small coup will give you fresh eggs every day ????????

Have lot next to house for fruit & veggies, and few kms from the surf.

Edited by KhunLA

1 hour ago, jvs said:

When ever this happens The local Thais will gang up on us foreigners and they

will take what ever we have left.

I think you are over reacting and it will never be like that,ok maybe in a city like Bangkok

but not in the country side where you can grow your own food and even some of that

grows roadside.

Indeed. If it ever got that bad op, you and your supplies would be targetted and it would not be worth being around. Everything will get expensive but it will not dry up. Never was one to get caught up in doomsday scenarios; must be one of those I-am-all-important boomer things. ????

Survivalists unite !! hahaha ????

If anyone thinks, unless they're Bear Gryls or some SAS superman who spends every waking moment training their combat skills, and is setting themselves up in a place so remote and with defences akin to the bl.ody Zeigrfreid Line as a means to protect and preserve themselves then ahhh good luck with that ... What will happen (whatever that is) will happen.

The greedy and avaricious money holders in the world will do what they do and we ants won't have a say in it!

We have a great veggie garden, chooks, and ducks, free electricity, a well, fruit trees, avocado on our estate (funded by me).

I'm talking with a Thai hi-so friend about buying some land and farming it for our and local's needs e.g,. pigs, chooks, fish farm, fruit and veg, on permaculture-styled sustainability. Sending a few local young folks to college to study horticulture and permaculture, not cause I think the world will collapse imminently (and if it does then a few good drink, some epic humping, and a few good BarB's before the Zombies climb the walls is my plan).

I'd prefer to be eaten alive by Zombies (hahaha????) while strolling the golf course than sitting at home <deleted>eing myself about what could, might happen.

Its water that the world will fight over. The food will always be grown, kept, and taken by the powerful.

42 minutes ago, Excel said:

This thread sounds more like the tripe Mormens try to spin.

Sounds to me like some folks (OP) has taken too many early morning bong hits.

You are trying to refer to those Utah folks, right? (Mormons).

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Will B Good said:

If the price of food around the world rockets AND it can be exported easily AND Thailand is dumb enough to export all its food, then we might be in trouble.........otherwise we are never going to be short of food in Thailand.

Well said. 

Wonder if anyone will actually get it. 

These things really have never existed in the real world.

Manufactured problems created for/by the deluded Farang world. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, zzaa09 said:

Well said. 

Wonder if anyone will actually get it. 

These things really have never existed in the real world.

Manufactured problems created for/by the deluded Farang world. 

Too many now smoking pot is being reflected in the nonsensical posts I fear.

Edited by Excel
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

Sounds to me like some folks (OP) has taken too many early morning bong hits.

You are trying to refer to those Utah folks, right? (Mormons).

Doesnt take many coincidences with wars going on, drought, less forests to manage groundwater, insects, local temperature, birds, more chemicals used, less endangered bees ????, and so much more to create future radical problems. If its going to strike, yes one day, but we do not know when. 

We know catastrophe’s happens from time to time, so a good thing is, some few at least worries, and the rest can stay or continue being ignorant. 

I just like to create and grow things, so no worries. 

If its getting more difficult I can add a few pigs, buffalo and chickens, and we will be ok for most of the year when prices escalates. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Denim said:

Yup, its a deep dark mystery known only to initiates of a secret C&P cult

Haha The Happy Hippo GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Hippo GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

I needed the Reggie Perrin MIL Hippo desperately to reply to a previous comment, but  .. I  .justcouldn'tmakeitHAPPEN.....

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, zyphodb said:

I needed the Reggie Perrin MIL Hippo desperately to reply to a previous comment, but  .. I  .justcouldn'tmakeitHAPPEN.....

FreeUnfitItaliangreyhound-size_restricted.gif

1ay6.gif

Edited by KhunLA
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I just like to create and grow things, so no worries. 

If its getting more difficult I can add a few pigs, buffalo and chickens, and we will be ok for most of the year when prices escalates. 

Same here. (farming & growing things....enjoyable)

.....but you forgot, earthquakes, meteors, and alien invasion., 

NOTE: I heard that worrying and stress causes cancer.

A day doesn't go by without supply chain problems, food shortages, bank runs, crypto currency collapses, disrupted air travel, Covid flare-ups, reservoirs and rivers running dry, threats about deployment of nuclear weapons, financial markets in turmoil, unsustainable government debt, and extreme heat and flooding affecting crop production being in the news. All things being equal, being an expat makes you more vulnerable to these food shortage risks, if for no other reason that you will likely be at the bottom of the social totem pole in an extreme situation.

You wanna go the Alfred E. Neuman ('What me worry?)' route, that's your choice, but labeling those who wish to take precautionary steps chicken-little alarmists, in my opinion, is simply denying the reality of the times we live in.

Edited by Gecko123

22 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I'd be darn near a vegan, and have to get most of my protein from eggs.  Fish, fruits and veggies, as they apparently scream out in pain, at a frequency I can't here.

If I to kill my own land critters, I couldn't do it.  Besides, I'd probably name them and play with them.

I certainly believe there are problems ahead. At the moment it’s the wild weather changes, it’s either flooding or dry as a bone. Of course the petrol and gas problems are world wide, and they are pushing prices up enormously. It will concern everybody and everything . Transport if it’s for goods or tourists, food or cars and shops, will bring a lack of extra spending money due to inflation. This eventually becomes global and can end in recession as we have seen in the past.

41 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

Same here. (farming & growing things....enjoyable)

.....but you forgot, earthquakes, meteors, and alien invasion., 

NOTE: I heard that worrying and stress causes cancer.

Everything except alien invasion is a possibility, which I belive is not possible, since life as we know it, is self destructive, and will never reach intergalactic travel before we managed to wipe out life our self, or any other happening you described.

However I still believe humans can survive an impact er a few decades with cold winters due to vulcanism, earthquakes and even a nuclear war that in best case do not burn up our atmosphere. 

But again, I'm not motivated to survive any scenario, and to old to defence my self against mobs and outlaw gangs that will appear ????????

We will se if there is any Bruce Willis left in me when that time comes ????