What are you doing to ensure the integrity of the food supply for you and your family?

Prepped, prepping or easily acquired after the fact:

Solar energy  

Drinking water   

EV transport   

Fruits, veggies, ganga   

Eggs (protein)   

Seafood   

Shotgun  & crossbow   

Missing anything ??? 

11 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Prepped, prepping or easily acquired after the fact:

Solar energy  

Drinking water   

EV transport   

Fruits, veggies, ganga   

Eggs (protein)   

Seafood   

Shotgun  & crossbow   

Missing anything ??? 

Good physics and psychological healthy and social smart and have connections. I see in our village everybody helping everybody, and even those who have fallen out with the rest in village get some help from the temple. 

Years after years listening to those who say stay away from family village, could regret one day, but of course if family no good, it can create more challenges of course. 

Another thing, what if Europe or any other place you come from is striked by a larger catastrophe, and your source of income dries up? What then? Seek asylum in Thailand? 

Armies getting ready for war in europe, conflict with China, we are basically doomed if living only on retirement and do not have any savings in one or other form that is easily converted to hard cash. 

Of course we think and hope worst scenarios do not happen, but covid is not over, bird flu still with us, other pandemics can happen, drought, etc can make life a bit thougher for a longer period when a new recession coming now. We know it is coming, so that is not any doom prediction, it is for real. 

• Like 1

"... around midnight on September 22, Hurricane Hugo made landfall just north of Charleston, South Carolina at Sullivan's Island as a Category 4 storm with estimated maximum winds of 135-140 mph and a minimum central pressure of 934 millibars (27.58 inches of Hg). Hugo produced tremendous wind and storm surge damage along the coast and even produced hurricane force wind gusts several hundred miles inland into western North Carolina."

https://www.weather.gov/chs/Hugo25thAnniversary

Although some things like plywood are tough to store, I remember watching the scramble for basic supplies. These people live in hurricane country. Why aren't they better prepared?

I was living at the time in the town of Alameda, CA San Francisco area and I decided to go out and get several weeks worth of water and non-perishable eating stuff, etc.

A-N-D on October 17, at 5:04 PM the Loma Prieta earthquake hit. I was on the infamous Cypress Viaduct twice that morning going to and from the San Francisco city. 42 fatalities.

S**t happens.

1200px-Cypress_structure.jpeg

Edited by jerrymahoney

I ran across a survival concept years ago that intrigued my interests in boot camp.  The military survival training instructor  taught us urine can act as a food, medicine, and cleaning agent.

The last few years I have read multiple books on the topic and conducted extensive experiments on myself to proove this to be true.  I have conducted five 7 day fasts using only urine and was able to maintain full physical activity free from hunger pains.

It meets my criteria for complete autonomy, self sufficiency, free cost, readily available, replenishable, and the only tool required is a glass.  Please file this information in your tool box.  It will save your life in a period of turmoil. 

1 minute ago, Mark Nothing said:

I ran across a survival concept years ago that intrigued my interests in boot camp.  The military survival training instructor  taught us urine can act as a food, medicine, and cleaning agent.

The last few years I have read multiple books on the topic and conducted extensive experiments on myself to proove this to be true.  I have conducted five 7 day fasts using only urine and was able to maintain full physical activity free from hunger pains.

It meets my criteria for complete autonomy, self sufficiency, free cost, readily available, replenishable, and the only tool required is a glass.  Please file this information in your tool box.  It will save your life in a period of turmoil. 

In that case then, based on your experience "taking the <deleted>" could become a life threatening experience   ???? 

On 6/22/2022 at 11:45 AM, Will B Good said:

AND Thailand is dumb enough to export all its food

Greedy enough, they are greedy enough to export it all to China who have been building stockpiles for so long that it affected the rice markets back in 2020 I believe.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Wine making equipment. 

In the old days, when clean water was hard to get in the cities, they made beer, and people did drink beer instead of water? Talking about survivor skills. 

Most of the guys here, are to old to worry about their future, so it doesnt matter for most of them, they had their time being part of wasting this planet ????

I know I have been part of it, and have no regrets, because Im just a small puzzle in the big picture, but I can do something about my future without becoming bear gryls or a hard core prepper.  

• Like 1

My Wife is a real keen gardener so we eat most veggies direct from the garden (no chemicals used only environmental friendly stuff) and we have so much that most of it we give to our family/friends/local school!

We have 2 fish ponds (1 small (for the young ones to grow) and 1 big one (total area for the fish pond is 1 rai). So when we want to eat fish we're going fishing and in a short while that is our dinner sorted.

Very recently we bought the property next door and my wife already has a lot of plans for that.

Chickens / Ducks etc etc.

Rice we get from the BIL as he farms his farm land and ours in our old village.

Water wise, we have a well and we do collect rain water for washing and drinking (after filtering of course)

Electricity, unfortunately our Solar plans fell through but I am still thinking of getting Solar in! (we do have some solar, but only for the Well and the Pump to the tank of our garden Tank)

Edit: Added Picture (left hand side is for the young ones, right is for big ones)

fish.JPG.2aaede73d7c02ae60b94881f417c4c74.JPG

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1

Just now, MJCM said:

My Wife is a real keen gardener so we eat most veggies direct from the garden (no chemicals used only environmental friendly stuff) and we have so much that most of it we give to our family/friends/local school!

We have 2 fish ponds (1 small (for the young ones to grow) and 1 big one (total area for the fish pond is 1 rai). So when we want to eat fish we're going fishing and in a short while that is our dinner sorted.

Very recently we bought the property next door and my wife already has a lot of plans for that.

Chickens / Ducks etc etc.

Rice we get from the BIL as he farms his farm land and ours in our old village.

Water wise, we have a well and we do collect rain water for washing and drinking (after filtering of course)

Electricity, unfortunately our Solar plans fell through but I am still thinking of getting Solar in!

The problem you will face if this farcical Armageddon that the OP put on here is security. Its all very well having everything you need but many of your Neighbours may not be so well provisioned. How do you intend to stop intruders, especially at night ? Don't tell me dogs as they are so stupid they will quickly eat poisoned meat. Geese are a good bet, use to have some 60 years ago but to my knowledge they are neither quick enough to doge a bullet nor are there kevlar protective vests made for them. But seriously have you given any thought to that ? Possibly more to the point why should you as a food shortages will never occur in rural Thailand. 

7 minutes ago, Excel said:

The problem you will face if this farcical Armageddon that the OP put on here is security.

Ps: Does a slingshot and a BBGun count for security measures? ????

Edited by MJCM