Daruma sushi restaurant chain owner nabbed at airport, faces fraud charges

snoop1130

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAivXdMQNrxxqg7p2lVkzduT10M46AV006ZGVSGIL.jpg

Owner of the Daruma sushi restaurant chain in Thailand, Metha Chalingsuk, was apprehended at Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi airport this morning (Wednesday) as he returned from a foreign trip.

Commissioner of the Central Investigation Bureau (CIB) Pol Lt Gen Jirabhop Bhuridej personally questioned the suspect at the airport, before taking him to the CIB head office.

At a press conference held this afternoon, the police said they do not intend to release Metha on police bail and will oppose any application made to the court for his release when he is transferred there tomorrow. About 100,000 baht in Metha’s bank accounts has been frozen, and US$20,000 in cash found on his person has been seized.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/daruma-sushi-restaurant-chain-operator-detained-at-suvarnabhumi-airport/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-06-22

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

• Like 1

Seriously ? Making 1 baht on every 40 baht ? Some serious fiddling there I think

According to the Department of Business Development, the company made one million baht profit from 39 million in revenue in 2019, 1.78 million from 43.76 million revenue in 2020 and 1.26 million baht profit from 45.62 million baht revenue in 2021.

4 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

Say “the guy when he was coming back at the airport what about the Red Bull kid do you think he’s come back a few times and then just leaves what happened to the Red Bull kid TIT

Kid? His case has been going on that long, he's not getting his old age pension!!

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Commissioner of the Central Investigation Bureau (CIB) Pol Lt Gen Jirabhop Bhuridej personally questioned the suspect at the airport, before taking him to the CIB head office.

He's chopped liver... [no sushi]

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

Say “the guy when he was coming back at the airport what about the Red Bull kid do you think he’s come back a few times and then just leaves what happened to the Red Bull kid TIT

Anyone who has spent enough time here knows that anyone who is worth 200 million baht or more is above the law. Any and all laws. Remember. Prayuth was installed to protect them, not punish them. 

When you are up into the billions of baht, this law of untouchablity simply multiplies. They never even looked for him. Even the so called Interpol notice was likely a ruse, or it was ignored, due to Thailand's lack of credibility. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Khun Boss is not running.

Not sure why you and many other forum members struggle with this.

While I agree he is definitely not on the run, I do not agree with using Khun before his name, as that denotes some connotations of respect, or status. He deserves neither. 

22 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Khun Boss is not running.

Not sure why you and many other forum members struggle with this.

Maybe I should have add the word "free".

Guess he is actually too lazy to run and maybe now tries to kill other people with another Ferrari? And i know a lot of other titles then Khun for that guy.

4 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

Maybe I should have add the word "free".

Guess he is actually too lazy to run and maybe now tries to kill other people with another Ferrari? And i know a lot of other titles then Khun for that guy.

He freely come and goes from Thailand.