Pattaya police train for armed and angry drunken foreign tourists on Jomtien Beach

webfact

2 minutes ago, bbbbooboo said:

Hmmm… tourism is coming back and so it seems is the rampant Thai xenophobia in all its glorious stupidity. Sheeeesh

To be fair, Pattaya does get more than its fair share of crazys..........mid 20's to mid' 30's, white, popped up and gagging for it.......I have some sympathy for the police in this matter.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Barefootknobby said:

A force armed with stun guns and a body cam will sort out these C###S that spoil it for everyone else

Not a hope of the police here wearing body cams. If the govt. forced them to wear body cams it would be the most widespread case of faulty equipment in history because every camera would cease to work. Body cams on coppers here would mean a 60% drop in their weekly income

• Like 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The incident, which was a simulation and used all volunteers, including foreign volunteer actors as the victim and suspect, took place around mid-afternoon on Jomtien Beach near a smart safety emergency booth.

I can remember when we could watch volleyball on the beach... how times have changed.

Family friendly Pattaya?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Of course! Don´t you know that Thais don´t drink, never get aggressive and never ever use or carry a weapon.

And a Thai would never commit a murder, only foreigners would that.  Ask Pray-hoot.  Exactly what he said few years back.

• Haha 1

The published picture will go down particularly well with alien outbound travel agencies - when they see, how quality tourists in Jomtien are welcomed:
image.jpeg

On another note, the initiative is to be blessed with standing ovations and once the mother-of-all-police-officers are trained, get them to hunt down drunk Thai drivers fleeing the scene, go and get the Red Bull grandson back (ring Associated Press for directions as they found the sweet heart in an instance in London) or all those other crooks and cheaters walking free ........ 

Are the goons in brown uniform or that TAT aware of the fact, that the internet can also be accessed from OUTside Thailand for such good news? 

Edited by Sydebolle

Gotta prepare for those crazy, drunken farangs.

Never mind that every night on the Thai Rath News Show there's at least 2-3 incidents involving Thais under the influence of alcohol or yaba, running through streets or villages, unable to be subdued, as they slash up their parents, neighbors, trash their houses, vehicles, or set them on fire. 

• Like 1

Watching the video was a bit unnerving.  The farang was very compliant after he was on the beach.  He made no attempt to push the long poles away.  Never lunged at the advancing police.  He easily turned over onto his stomach which you want in order to place the handcuffs on him.  It doesn't always go that way.  When on the sand it took only one officer to put him in handcuffs.  A non-compliant person will take a lot more than one officer to handcuff him.  Try 3-5, it's not that easy.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I regularly see muscle guys on steroids, just looking for trouble.

LOL

How do you know they're on steriods, maybe they have the knowledge annd years of experiencing training to look like this.

Where do you see them.

I've met several of these guys over the years and they're some of the most placid people you'll ever meet, yes there are a few idiots but your statement is unfair.

7 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Geeze, when I arrived in Thailand back in 2000, Pattaya police station would close at midnight, all the cops going home to bed, not a cop to be seen until the next day.

It was funny, I'd get on my motorbike after a night on the town and start to strap on my helmet, the gf saying not to worry putting my helmet on as it was after midnight. 

Sadly, some, very few of the tourists these days are just angry, horrible people. I regularly see muscle guys on steroids, just looking for trouble.

Good luck to the cops trying to control these out of control freaks. 

I know about roid-rage, but booze is as bad with some guys. I had an old friend in Bangkok many years ago who I used to drink with at the hotel that we stopped at. By the time he was finishing his second large bottle of Chang he had changed from quite a nice guy into a not nice guy. If there were people sat a few tables away he would start loudly talking bad things about them, so that they could hear. Another mutual friend there used to refuse to go out drinking with him. This guy also used to like Pattaya.

I'd prefer a taser than those failed sticks, likely getting stuck in my eyes or ass. What a scene but training they do need for sure lol, they always look like clowns when issues happen, they only know to shoot here from training I guess.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

well there you go as soon as tourists start coming back they have to find a way they try the scaremongering.. idiots 

This photo reminds me of the scene from Gulliver when he wakes up and they have him pinned to the floor. Cops watching to many movies i think

6 hours ago, alexlm said:

I don't know about you. What do you think?

But about controlling the "muscle guys on steroids" you mentioned.

I think the police should give up on their "fishing rods" (or whatever it is they use on the picture), and switch to tasers to control these freaks...

Modified Tasers so they can increase the "voltage" limit as they see fit. Aka: with no limit... All these muscles may be quite resistant ????

Would be much more efficient.

Now I'm wondering what their steroid muscles would smell like after 10 seconds of continuous unloading of the maximum charge + the additional charge thanks to the modified taser... ????????

Thanks for your comment, it's not often I read from people who knew Thailand in 2000.

PM me if you want ???????? (I have no muscle, only fat, so no worry)

I was thinking myself that tasers would be far more effective than dog traps.

• Like 1

Having just watched the video I have to say that as  PR stunt it went badly wrong. If anything it shows how woefully incapable they are  at dealing with an armed aggressor. If you are doing it as a training exercise this would be the "slow time walk through" then you reset and the perpetrator actually behaves like an armed aggressor. Pretty sure whoever it was they got to play the bad guy is pretty unused to armed combat, judging by his stance and the way he held the weapon. Even having to be told to run away! No boys, you did yourselves, and tourism, no favours at all with that video.

7 minutes ago, huangnon said:

Telescopic.?

Wonder how much they cost.?

Those are typical bamboo poles actual pretty strong and flexible use right it could be used like a whip!  Instead of pooking the drunker farang one can whip the <deleted> out of them. Cheap 60 baht 

Edited by thailand49

5 hours ago, farangroby said:

All the thais are never drunk or aggressive

Is it sarcasm? If it is not: in my very personal experience, Thai people can get drunk to death, but I have never seen them ever aggressive, not in the way that we Westerners can be.