Pattaya police train for armed and angry drunken foreign tourists on Jomtien Beach

webfact

16 minutes ago, paul1804 said:

Thailand just cannot help itself, why use the word foreigners when it should apply to any person behaving dangerously or badly!!!!

Why do you say 'Thailand'......?

At first I though Mr Judd was spicing up this event and article by specifying 'foreign'. But the police performing a training exercise specifically used a foreigner as the trouble maker.  

• Like 1

Good thing they've trained all of 5 officers.

I can see it going down the next time a call goes to the police:

Caller:  Help!  I need the Armed and Angry Drunken Foreign Tourists Rapid Response Squad!  There's a fight on Jomtien Beach!

Police on phone:  Oh, they went home for the evening.  Call back tomorrow morning!

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, decca60 said:

While they are training on Jomtien beach, they could also do a bit of jogging and control the beach nightmare created every day by hundreds of vendors (and legal restaurants) at the end of Jomtien beach, Najomtien location. It becomes worse week after week, quite impossible to even walk on pavement, traffic jams while some are double parking on a narrow road, awful seat and equipment storage along the road, without speaking about the state of the sand the morning after......

But, that would be productive work, and they would actually be giving something back to society. That would be far too oxymoronic for the RTP. 

4 hours ago, Baron Samedi said:

Reminds me of Aikido.

Useless techniques that can't be used in real-life situations.

Why go for this:

image.jpeg.5e99c45a2d87813f640e7086bb77c

when you can go for this:

tenor.gif?itemid=15100266&f=1&nofb=1

you can tell that the cop played football in his youth.. great tackle!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Jomtien Beach -Today, June 22nd, 2022, Pattaya Police along with tourist police held a training session on Jomtien Beach specifically around dealing with armed, drunk, and aggressive foreign tourists.

Pesky Foreigners

2 hours ago, Iamfalang said:

armed with tattoos on their face, arms, and neck as a sign of "sticking it to the man"

drunk on 49 baht chang beer from 7-11

aggressive as a child who saved up 100 baht and lost 20 baht on the way to the candy store

welcome to the 5-star tourist community

You probably would be shocked if you could see, hear and understand what kind of tourists are roaming around in Pattaya. 

2 hours ago, Nicholas Paul KNIGHT said:

Oh dear, targeting Foreigners again, now what about Thais, who statistically far worse than Foreigners /

Racist headlines in a Racist Xenophobic country, happy to take the money but in reality hate the foreigners . 

I agree, at least us Foreigners can drink and stop when we want to . Not like some, who drink only to get drunk, ring any bells?

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

No need to prepare for drunken aggressive  Thais we all know its against their religion. they are all pacifists. Its only getting ready for the foreign quality visitors. who are the only ones who make problems (never Thais ) 555   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, internationalism said:

that is just a xenophobic warning to foreigners to behave.

I would think proper training should take place in the barracks, where they can comfortable work under instructor and do it for a whole day, mastering new skills, learning from mistakes.

Doing it in the middle of city is a propaganda exercise, for show, photo opportunity, but not proper training.

Yes.....If I was one of the cops l'd be embarrassed doing this training in public. 

Sure, the cops should be trained, this type of training is important and proactive, cops should be trained in capturing aggressive people and they should be taught different techniques, lots of unusual people coming to Thailand, but this external training with foreign actors does bring out all the Thai haters to make comments.

If you're a foreigner and a troublemaker be alarmed but if you are a foreigner and a normal person, like all of us (most of us) here on AN you have nothing to worry about. 

• Confused 1

I really hope that picture gets the international circulation that it deserves. But why not spare the cops the trouble and just call in the animal control professionals to handle the sweating white devils, lol...

20130328__20130331_D3_OP31E_DOGSp1.jpg?w

Or maybe it would be safer to insist that all foreigners who look like they might potentially have a drink during their stay, or those with tattoos, should simply be restrained in their hotels for the duration of their stay...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR5WLhj1C-w3ymtF1ZqWme

• Haha 2