Pattaya police train for armed and angry drunken foreign tourists on Jomtien Beach

webfact

10 hours ago, kinyara said:

What kind of Western logic involves the expense and time of flying thousands of miles on holiday just to get into drunken knive fights at 1am ?  Wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to just stay at home and do it ?

you will be surprised to discover how many western man come to thailand and

get involved in fights, armed or not.

just in the place where i stay i had one guy, i think australian, who came out

of his room just when i came back at 1am from 7/11. he was a big body and i did not even

wanted to look at him. than he decided to walk straight into me with aggresive look,

allmost bumping me. and he just arrived to thailand two days earlier.

22 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Geeze, when I arrived in Thailand back in 2000, Pattaya police station would close at midnight, all the cops going home to bed, not a cop to be seen until the next day.

It was funny, I'd get on my motorbike after a night on the town and start to strap on my helmet, the gf saying not to worry putting my helmet on as it was after midnight. 

Sadly, some, very few of the tourists these days are just angry, horrible people. I regularly see muscle guys on steroids, just looking for trouble.

Good luck to the cops trying to control these out of control freaks. 

It's got nothing to do with drugs, lockdowns and economic havoc that's occurred since the pandemic 

19 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

I may be wrong, but something makes me think you may have had more than your fair share of problems with Thais, I wonder why 

Eeeeh, why would you think that?  Anyway, that´s very wrong. I have a lot of Thai friends that I socialize with one weekly basis. It was a joke. We all know that all countries have groups of people that carry weapons and deal with criminal or bad stuff. It was just that they focused with how to deal with foreigners. That sounds a little bit strange to me, as they have a lot of Thais to deal with as well.

They've been watching too much Aquaman. That's how they take down rogue mermen or mermaids in Atlantis.  

I suppose they would work for spaced out, drunk tourists that were lying on the beach and not moving. Not sure how they would work in real life when the guy is standing up.  Not really difficult to escape these clothes props.

image.jpeg.5e99c45a2d87813f640e7086bb77c

Edited by Muzzique

Maybe positive if the police can get to any problem locations.

But depends how long in waiting.

Is this the biggest problem? Why farangs?

There appears to have been no comment in reference to Thai ladyboys, who are often the source of problems.
Do the Pattaya police have a policy how they react quickly to reports of such incidents, 

and demonstrate how they deal with some real problems that are frequently reported..