Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

Pattaya police train for armed and angry drunken foreign tourists on Jomtien Beach

webfact

Just now, martand said:

Is it sarcasm? If it is not: in my very personal experience, Thai people can get drunk to death, but I have never seen them ever aggressive, not in the way that we Westerners can be.

I have... simple things can cause offence and they hold grudges. 

• Like 2

Just now, Millcx said:

5555555555555555555555555555 This is funnier than “ Live at the Apollo “

Well the RTP are renowned for being the biggest jokers in the world as an effective and honest police force

5 minutes ago, kinyara said:

Why do they need to practice on Jomtien Beach at mid-day ?  Get themselves down to Walking Street for the real thing after midnight where drunken aggressive  foreigners are already stabbing each other.

Goodness, what the RTP put themselves in danger ? never.

• Haha 1

There have always been a number of crazies floating around Pattaya and other places too. So this is probably quite a useful exercise in principal   They can deal with a crazy armed Thai however they like, but when dealing with an armed foreigner its unfortunately not that easy to just shoot them,   embassies , diplomats, world media and the T.V.F all like to get involved expressing  outrage and a major incident soon develops. so it probably is best if these rare occurrences can be handled efficiently and quickly. 

However I'm not sure trying to take down an armed aggressor by using a long pole is the best solution, bit like taking a knife to a gun fight 

Its easy for most people to criticise the police in situations when it does kick off big time, just remember that we normally have the option to walk or run away, that is not the case for the police who are obliged to meet it head on

For those sensitive souls crying "racism"  and "xenophobia"  please get over yourselves. Thailand thankfully has not succumbed to the wokeness that will become the downfall of your home countries and hopefully never will, so remember where you are, and leave that @$&*£  at home

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Of course! Don´t you know that Thais don´t drink, never get aggressive and never ever use or carry a weapon.

I may be wrong, but something makes me think you may have had more than your fair share of problems with Thais, I wonder why 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Heavens. The amount of Thais running around with illegal guns and they train for a tourist with a gun ? The amount of gun crime by foreign tourists is probably less than 99.999% of Thais. Pure xenophobia

Got to train for the unexpected?

I'm kinda curious.

Tourist steps of plane in BKK and thinks. "Hmm where do I get a gun?"

Is there a website for that?

"Daddy can we go to the beach?"

"Hush child, cant you see I'm buying a gun and a case of tequila to do some damage"

Gotta love Thai logic

Edited by GinBoy2

3 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

I'm kinda curious.

Tourist steps of plane in BKK and thinks. "Hmm where do I get a gun?"

Is there a website for that?

"Daddy can we go to the beach?"

"Hush child, cant you see I'm buying a gun and a case of tequila to do some damage"

Gotta love Thai logic

What kind of Western logic involves the expense and time of flying thousands of miles on holiday just to get into drunken knive fights at 1am ?  Wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to just stay at home and do it ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kinyara said:

What kind of Western logic involves the expense and time of flying thousands of miles on holiday just to get into drunken knive fights at 1am ?  Wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to just stay at home and do it ?

Exactly

1 minute ago, Will B Good said:

Logic...hahaha......some of the morons don't even managed to complete their flight out to their destination before kicking off.......anyone guilty of these kinds of offences should lose the right to travel abroad.

So true, was on a KLM flight out here years ago and 3 guys got ridiculously drunk, abusive and unruly, insulting the hostesses, smoking in the toilet etc. As soon as the plane landed we were told to remain seated and the military clad Thai airport police came on and removed them in handcuffs, to much cheering and clapping from the rest of the passengers.  ???? ????

Don't know if others remember this incident but here is a classic from the past, they were harassing and picking fights with anyone they could find as soon as they got to Pattaya. Word quickly spread on the street and they ended up getting a bit more than they bargained for.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/patrick-molloy-british-holidaymaker-drowns-1470823 

13 hours ago, webfact said:

The incident, which was a simulation and used all volunteers, including foreign volunteer actors as the victim and suspect, took place around mid-afternoon on Jomtien Beach near a smart safety emergency booth.

You have to wonder if there is actually any benefit to this training, other than anti-foreigner propaganda.

Chill out guys, there's still plenty of racism doing the rounds from covid.

• Like 1

Before moving here 16 years I spent 34 years coming here on holiday,  Sometimes  twice a year

In all that time I have never see a violent incident and it's not as though I didn't spend much of my time in places like Soi Nana and Walking Street.  Mind you years ago it wasn't called Walking Street..

I did see attempted violence once in Phuket a Thai lady was trying to brain a guy with a piece of 4x2 for going with another lady. She never caught him.

I'm not saying violence doesn't happen but compared to some other countries it is much safer.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, martand said:

Is it sarcasm? If it is not: in my very personal experience, Thai people can get drunk to death, but I have never seen them ever aggressive, not in the way that we Westerners can be.

The only aggressive knife wielding man I have seen in my 32 years here was a Thai fruit vendor on Soi 22 in Bangkok, who created a standoff with the Police for over 30 minutes.

Never ever seen such aggression from foreigners here ever. 

No need to mention all the other unwarranted aggression I have experienced from local Thais including taxi drivers, drunk men in bars etc.

Sure, encountered some aggressive foreigners here too but pales into insignificance imo.

19 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

Quite the contrast.

George_Floyd_neck_knelt_on_by_police_officer.png.8bb9de63a16ac09da037240f977151e5.pngimages.jpg.9d582381123c327988610b7785da5c47.jpg

Police-Officer-Fatal-_Verm.thumb.jpg.b6b6355ab3d5530f8fb8194162669301.jpg

Many here might complain about the Thai BIB but at least the above is not something typically experienced in Thailand. When I hear of Americans afraid of getting stopped or questioned by Police in fear of being shot or killed the spine tingles. 

Edited by soi3eddie