Are we being ripped off

seajae

15 hours ago, TravelerEastWest said:

Sounds like you were in a hurry.

Whenever there is something confusing with our DHL exports and imports I simply ask them to research and get back to me and 95% of the time all is well.

The remaining 5% of the time does need patience...

As for DHL being responsible from a business point of view - yes, but not legally - if there is a mistake the exporter and importer are responsible.

I strongly doubt that DHL was trying to cheat you - maybe they made a mistake or there was a communication problem... Mistakes happen...

Had to be done within  a couple of weeks  as the phyto certificate would need to be replaced( a 4 hour round trip) if we waited too long as they expire 

3 hours ago, seajae said:

Had to be done within  a couple of weeks  as the phyto certificate would need to be replaced( a 4 hour round trip) if we waited too long as they expire 

I understand completely but from my experience DHL 95% of the time fixes everything quickly at the staff or manager level and says they are sorry... rarely I ask a manager to get involved - never had to contact the CEO or an outside agency.

Hmm, actually once the local team didn't know the details about another countries special import rules so I contacted DHL directly in the country that the shipment was going to. they signed me up for a special import program and all was well.

I had to explain the program to DHL Thailand but then all was well for ten years.