What is the Samui weather usually like in August/September?

I know it's 'rainy season' but what does that mean on a day to day basis in Samui in August/Sept?

Constant torrential downpours? Drizzle all day long? Alternating periods of rain and sun? Extensive flooding?

Just trying to get a decent idea before I book a place for those two months. I don't care about the beach, but I don't want to be stuck inside all day long.

5 hours ago, intheheartoftheheart said:

I know it's 'rainy season' but what does that mean on a day to day basis in Samui in August/Sept?

No, it's not rainy season on Samui in August and September.
The monsoon season with lots of downpour begins in October and lasts until end of December, some years until mid January...

image.png.6cecfa6a715435696e634da9f281646d.png

It's rainy season June to October in other parts of Thailand...????

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, intheheartoftheheart said:

Thank you. Any experience with what 'rainy season' means in Samui? Is it constant downpours for days at a time, or just grey skies and drizzle?

Can be either or none

For the last few years there has been very little rain during those months.

If there is rain, it has usually been local showers (some heavy) but not lasting long.

I do not know about the rest of the island, but here at the pointy bit (NE), at that time of the year, we get less rain than say Maenam and Nathon.

As with most places worldwide, the weather is less consistent than it used to be.

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, intheheartoftheheart said:

Thank you. Any experience with what 'rainy season' means in Samui? Is it constant downpours for days at a time, or just grey skies and drizzle?

It's difficult to predict about the future, including weather. You can have two wonderful dry calm weeks with sunshine during the monsoon period, and you can have two awful stormy wet weeks, and you can have something in between with mainly some showers - just one shower might count as a day with rain in the chart...????