Thailand officially drops mask mandate in late night Royal Gazette order

webfact

18 minutes ago, VBF said:

There are even a few here in UK still wearing them but very much in the minority - for all I know they have other health issues.

I was in Canary Wharf in London the other day, walking through the big shopping mall. I saw a handful of people wearing masks, and most of the people masked up were Asian females. 

Maybe they just enjoy teasing us with their Asian eyes...

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, spidermike007 said:
14 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

How long will you continue to beat your drum in your continued diatribe and name calling, please stop.  Your choice is your choice, others make their choices, they are not lemmings, no one's following anyone.

Forever, if need be

As Karl Marx might have said:

We have nothing to lose but our keyboards!

9 hours ago, VBF said:

You reply in jest, but when businesses realise that they're losing customers, I believe that they'll change their policies and make mask wearing optional as per the law.

I hope that by the end of the year when I plan to return to Thailand, that has become the case, so I can "simply shop elsewhere" if needs be.

Merely for the record I don't believe in compulsory masks but have NO problem with those who want or feel the need to wear them.

There are even a few here in UK still wearing them but very much in the minority - for all I know they have other health issues.

Oh do leave it out.

being boycotted by 6 posters on a forum is not going to affect 7-11 in any way.

They won't even know that they are being boycotted.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

gone, let's see if the people are capable of making a decision based on free will. 

And that decision appears to be to keep wearing masks.... the fact that it stems from 2 years of a pandemic that killed over 6 million is unavoidable. 

In Asia it is from now on safe to assume that mask use will be the norm for a long time as covid won't just "go away" and there are other cultural reasons for their use, such as the need to hide away from strangers in public and belonging to a group. It might become even a sort of a cultural barrier separating the East and the West. Personally I feel it will make the continent a very unattractive place to visit but if the locals want it that way, then so be it.

Edited by rabang
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, rabang said:

In Asia it is from now on safe to assume that mask use will be the norm for a long time as covid won't just "go away" and there are other cultural reasons for their use, such as the need to hide away from strangers in public and belonging to a group. It might become even a sort of a cultural barrier separating the East and the West. Personally I feel it will make the continent a very unattractive place to visit but if the locals want it that way, then so be it.

I think you are right, in particular the belonging to a group part.

9 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

Oh do leave it out.

being boycotted by 6 posters on a forum is not going to affect 7-11 in any way.

They won't even know that they are being boycotted.

I never said it would. But if many of their customers "boycott" a business, that will get their attention. All depends on numbers.

4 minutes ago, VBF said:

I never said it would. But if many of their customers "boycott" a business, that will get their attention. All depends on numbers.

So how many snowflakes throwing a hissy fit do you think that it would take before 7-11 even notices.

It's not going to happen.

You would be better off burning your bra in the hope that they'll allow you to vote over here?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

So how many snowflakes throwing a hissy fit do you think that it would take before 7-11 even notices.

It's not going to happen.

You would be better off burning your bra in the hope that they'll allow you to vote over here?

I guess we'll see (or not) in the fullness.   Knowing how everything in Thailand becomes a "9 day wonder", I guess that in 3 months people just won't care!

Is it OK if I burn someone else's bra instead? ????

4 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

That is juvenile!  ????

Yup...young once, juvenile forever ????

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1