Thailand officially drops mask mandate in late night Royal Gazette order

webfact

1 hour ago, James105 said:

What if you were deaf...

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/aug/20/deaf-people-mask-wearing-lipreading

"When the pandemic is controlled, and the masks come off, I hope hearing people remember how much of the world revolves around community and communicating. I hope they still consider us, who deserve to be heard."

Sacrosanct is not to much, certain folks are not required to mask, and like vaccines some can not, so to each his own.  You like to push an agenda which is far to wrong. Deaf folks have ways of communicating other than lip reading, ASL does not require being mask less now does it....your being sanctimonious unfortunately 

Edited by ThailandRyan

2 minutes ago, blackshadow said:

i hope ALL 7 elevens know this and BIG C.....TESCO.....and Makro know !!!!

Does it matter, you will still see folks wearing a mask and many places will require it still as they are crowded much of the time, and are not public places, as much as folks want to think they are. Private places can require them if they see fit, just like wearing proper attire.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Sacrosanct is not to much, certain folks are not required to mask, and like vaccines some can not, so to each his own.  You like to push an agenda which is far to wrong. Deaf folks have ways of communicating other than lip reading, ASL does not require being mask less now does it....your being sanctimonious unfortunately 

Deaf folks can normally use sign language with each other and a very small number of others, but I don't know many (any) folks who are not deaf who made the effort over the last 2 years to learn so they would not exclude deaf folks who can no longer see their lips move.  

You were the one who brought up the fact that blind people didn't need to see peoples faces to communicate, I am just pointing out the very obvious condition you "forgot" or just don't care about.   

On 6/24/2022 at 10:18 PM, Iamfalang said:

A few big stores today...

NOT one person was NOT wearing a mask.

I'm not going to be the first.   Hope tomorrow things change........

How will 'things change' if no one makes a start? Like, you for example? It's not like being in the trenches of Stalingrad and sticking your head out will get you shot.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Ganesh108 said:

How will 'things change' if no one makes a start? Like, you for example? It's not like being in the trenches of Stalingrad and sticking your head out will get you shot.

Read the head story in the Paper we can not link to and you might have a better idea.

On 6/24/2022 at 6:39 AM, stoner said:

711 and central are public areas too. this is going to be interesting. 

Went into 7-11 this morning, no mask and no one bothered. I think it will very much depend on who is in the 7-11 you enter

14 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Read the head story in the Paper we can not link to and you might have a better idea.

And if that happens the PM and his minions plus the puppeteer are not going to like that one bit. Lest just hope the groundswell of opinion is greater than the bullet this time. If that does happen I bet Thai airways planes outbound will be at full capacity for a while.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ralf001 said:

Of all the people I know that have had covid.... are vax'd.

Those that are not vax'd.... have not had it.

Is that just yourself then?

No friends!

PS; Of "Those that are not vax'd.... have not had it".  What have they not had?

ENTER ANSWER BELOW;

Sex

COVID

A functioning brain Cell

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Of all the people I know that have had covid.... are vax'd.

Those that are not vax'd.... have not had it.

So your now on the vaccines cause Covid infections conspiracy theory, try again....

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, JoseThailand said:

They all know, don't worry. Nobody will say a word if you are without a mask.

Maybe he/she is too ashamed (like many others) to show his/her face in public and the excuse/reason for hiding has gone!

Edited by DezLez

2 hours ago, DezLez said:

Is that just yourself then?

No friends!

PS; Of "Those that are not vax'd.... have not had it".  What have they not had?

ENTER ANSWER BELOW;

Sex

COVID

A functioning brain Cell

Only the stupid would think Iam not talking about Covid.

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

So your now on the vaccines cause Covid infections conspiracy theory, try again....

Honestly don't give a flying <deleted> either way.

But.... only people that I know that have had Covid have received vaccinations.

19 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

But.... only people that I know that have had Covid have received vaccinations.

Probably makes sense when over 90% are vaccinated, so 90% of the people you know may get covid (vaccination never stopped you getting it)

• Like 2

Currently I have set my eyes on the beginning of the high season around October/November for a return to Thailand. I hope four months is enough for the masks to come off. Currently reading the reports and seeing photos not much seem to have changed. An official announcement concerning public places doesn't help much if private companies insist on wearing them and a majority of the population follow the herd considering mask wearing their duty and will look at a non compliant, plague infested foreigner with a dirty eye.

Edited by rabang

If it's a PRIVATE business, they can demand almost anything.  

Today I did see more people not wearing a mask.  Even in a few shops.

Big stores, masks.  Private.  They can do what they want.

Come to my 5.33 sq meter room in Pattaya on Soi 555 and it's 100 masks, 43 pairs of gloves, fireman pants and a helmet.

On 6/24/2022 at 4:36 PM, VBF said:

And that pretty much backs up what I said above about those who feel vulnerable are at liberty to carry on wearing masks. It also includes those with weakened immune systems from whatever cause

No, they actually are vulnerable not just feeling vulnerable as you suggest, and by now everyone understands that vulnerability to Covid also increases with age. ("However if for some misguided reason you actually WANT to wear a mask or if perhaps you really do feel vulnerable - knock yourself out!"). So they should all 'knock themselves out' should they? Whatever that means!

See Lorry's post above for more 'misguided reasons' to continue to wear a mask in certain situations. And further evidence for this is in the UK:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51768274

I am in my 70th year on Earth so it seems not 'misguided' but COMMON SENSE to me to continue to wear a mask in crowded places inside here in the UK, and I will continue to do so in crowded places inside and outside (night markets, etc) in Thailand when I return just as I did during my last 6 months there. And during that time, I never wore a mask outside, which is OTT, but, like many where I stay in Thailand, had it around my neck on a leash to wear as required. This, thanks to Thailand, has become absolutely no hassle for me and I fail to understand why people like yourself make such a big deal about wearing a mask, and even look down on and seek to intimidate those who do.

P.S: 'Planet Condescension'.

Edited by SunsetT
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Iamfalang said:

If it's a PRIVATE business, they can demand almost anything.  

Today I did see more people not wearing a mask.  Even in a few shops.

Big stores, masks.  Private.  They can do what they want.

Come to my 5.33 sq meter room in Pattaya on Soi 555 and it's 100 masks, 43 pairs of gloves, fireman pants and a helmet.

you forgot your spacesuit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I've never had covid, am I an unvaccinated person, or am I a constantly mask wearing vaccinated person with 2 booster shots

Doesn't matter as I've never had covid, maybe I wash my hands more than others

Edited by aussiexpat

On 6/25/2022 at 12:33 PM, Phoenix Rising said:

Seriously???????

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/24/technology/joseph-mercola-coronavirus-misinformation-online.html

"Researchers and regulators say Joseph Mercola, an osteopathic physician, creates and profits from misleading claims about Covid-19 vaccines."

Did you read the article? Or do you let the New York Times tell you what you should think?

Edited by BangkokHank
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/25/2022 at 12:35 AM, FarAway said:

Maybe because some people actually always do what they personally believe is the right thing to do

The real answer came in the next post:

On 6/25/2022 at 1:43 AM, Walker88 said:

The anti-mask brigade are such snowflakes.

• Sad 2

7 hours ago, SunsetT said:

No, they actually are vulnerable not just feeling vulnerable as you suggest, and by now everyone understands that vulnerability to Covid also increases with age. ("However if for some misguided reason you actually WANT to wear a mask or if perhaps you really do feel vulnerable - knock yourself out!"). So they should all 'knock themselves out' should they? Whatever that means!

See Lorry's post above for more 'misguided reasons' to continue to wear a mask in certain situations. And further evidence for this is in the UK:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51768274

I am in my 70th year on Earth so it seems not 'misguided' but COMMON SENSE to me to continue to wear a mask in crowded places inside here in the UK, and I will continue to do so in crowded places inside and outside (night markets, etc) in Thailand when I return just as I did during my last 6 months there. And during that time, I never wore a mask outside, which is OTT, but, like many where I stay in Thailand, had it around my neck on a leash to wear as required. This, thanks to Thailand, has become absolutely no hassle for me and I fail to understand why people like yourself make such a big deal about wearing a mask, and even look down on and seek to intimidate those who do.

P.S: 'Planet Condescension'.

Please try READING my post instead of just quoting it!!  Not looking down upon or intimidating (unless you choose to feel intimidated) just pointing out that masks are no longer required but nobody is going to mock you for wanting to take extra precautions even if they are now slightly OTT. If it makes you feel better go for it.

Feeling vulnerable goes with BEING vulnerable - (usually) so no need to nit-pick there.  I'm saying that wearing a mask is (as it should always have been) down to personal choice i.e. for those vulnerable individuals or those who are concerned. Get it now?

Your link says "Covid infections in the UK are up by more than 20%, "  So what?  That's why we all got vaxxed - I'm certainly not worried about exposing myself to a virus against which I've been immunised - that was WHY we got immunised wasn't it? I've been vaccinated against loads of nasties over the years - Covid is now just another one to add to the list.

I'm only 3 years younger than you, and by the way, if you choose to wear a mask in UK now, that's your choice, but being fully vaxxed, my masks have all either been thrown out or gone in a drawer. I'm happy to trust the brilliant scientists who worked so hard.  Went to my dentist last week, so I took one, just in case - not needed - all back to normal with seating and everything.

"Knock yourself out"..... an idiom of which you seem to be unaware - read Knock yourself out

Edited by VBF
  • Like 2