Thailand officially drops mask mandate in late night Royal Gazette order

webfact

22 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Geez, a week ago I was never coming back to Thailand until they dropped the Thai Pass, covid insurance and mask mandate...now I have no excuse ???? 

Put your mind to it...... how about flight costs?

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, RandiRona said:

Locals continue to wear it until someone asks them not to or rather force them to not wear. People been conditioned to follow instructions without debating the merits or lack thereof.

If only that applied where it really benefited them - wearing crash helmets . ???? 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, James105 said:

This never actually happened did it?  You made this up.   People are so used to seeing others in masks now, especially Thai people, I just cannot believe any part of this story at all.

Of all the things never really happened this probably unhappened most.

I find it so strange that even though we have known since April 2020 that COVID is particularly dangerous to certain groups, there are still no campaigns to inform them and to nudge them to change. 

The healthy population has made incredible lifestyle sacrifices, has spent in excess of 15 trillion dollars, sending the next three generations into endless debt, plunged into possible stagflation, to give these vulnerable groups the time to sort their #@% out. 

It's very simple: if you are fat, or have diseases associated with being fat, such as a type of diabetes, or you are unfit, or have a poor diet, then you had an overwhelming moral duty to solve your problems within 2 years. All you needed to do was get your BMI down to 24, go for a daily run, stop eating sugar, eat lots of Vitamin D.

15 trillion. That's how much it cost the World to give you the chance to change your diet and buy a tracksuit. That's 15 Afghan wars.  

As for the old. They have to follow the vaccine requirements. It is unforgivable to ask of others so much and to not do the bare minimum. 

The World cannot keep babysitting you. The young and healthy have done so much for you. They sacrificed their futures. You're now on your own. The masks are off. Good luck and good night.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Oh...got to add...the restaurant has cameras, so there's a tape of the entire incident......

You edited your post and added this part after I made my post!   If there are indeed video recordings then that is excellent and I am prepared to stand corrected.   If you could just reveal the name of the alleged restaurant where this alleged event happened then when this alleged video is released onto social media this will of course corroborate your story.

54 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

To refresh your memory.....Something about me being uneducated and only seeking attention...

Coming to work this morning i went through our local market town during rush time.

Plenty of people about, every one that I saw had a mask on, apart from two taxi drivers who where sitting on the bonnet of one of the taxis having a chat with their masks pulled below their chins.

Went into the 7-11 and again everyone still wearing masks.

Thermometer still there and everyone continuing as if the mask mandate was still in place.

I don't know what would have happened if someone would have entered without a mask on.

I'm presuming that in the tourist areas masks are the rarity but here in Samutprakarn, it's just like somebody forgot to pass on the memo.

Edited by Bert got kinky
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, James105 said:

You edited your post and added this part after I made my post!   If there are indeed video recordings then that is excellent and I am prepared to stand corrected.   If you could just reveal the name of the alleged restaurant where this alleged event happened then when this alleged video is released onto social media this will of course corroborate your story.

I am not going to embarrass the restaurant publicly. I can forward the info to a Mod privately and he/she can decide to forward it to you.

I do not understand why you are skeptical. Just read through this thread and see many anti-maskers are irrational losers. <deleted> it matters what another person CHOOSES to do I don't understand.

Also, I did not see your subsequent post until now. I edited, but not in reaction to anything you posted, rather just some details I thought might be germane.

Apparently you are not willing to bet your entire net worth against my post. That is wise. The incident happened. Not everyone, however, grabs his/her phone to record incidents, especially when they are trying to enjoy a meal. Having eaten in the restaurant many times, I do know IT has cameras that would have captured the entire incident.

After the bozo stormed out, one of the wait staff told me the same loser had  been calling her 'stupid' and 'an idiot' all night because she was masked. <deleted>? What right does he have to berate a woman just doing her job in a way she feels comfortable? Perhaps he will choose another restaurant in the future, as his custom will not be missed.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

I am not going to embarrass the restaurant publicly

I had a feeling you would be shy about this.   

19 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Apparently you are not willing to bet your entire net worth against my post.

I chose to ignore that offer due to the sheer ridiculousness of it, yet you persist as though it gives your story some credence.      

20 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Perhaps he will choose another restaurant in the future, as his custom will not be missed.

I don't think his custom ever existed, so on this point I agree his custom will not be missed.  

53 minutes ago, James105 said:

I had a feeling you would be shy about this.   

I chose to ignore that offer due to the sheer ridiculousness of it, yet you persist as though it gives your story some credence.      

I don't think his custom ever existed, so on this point I agree his custom will not be missed.  

I don't understand why you have a hair across your ahhhse on this.

IT HAPPENED. Anti-maskers can be right proper a-wholes.

Will be interesting when I go to my local Makro later today the guy on the door loves to tell people off if there nose is not fully covered what will he say when I enter with no mask . If I’m honest there are many on the island who only put a mask on to enter the shops otherwise it’s a case of the mask being  around your wrist or in your pocket 

30 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

Will be interesting when I go to my local Makro later today the guy on the door loves to tell people off if there nose is not fully covered what will he say when I enter with no mask . If I’m honest there are many on the island who only put a mask on to enter the shops otherwise it’s a case of the mask being  around your wrist or in your pocket 

Just left the Makro in Bang Phi. 100% mask usage, guard mentioned it to a customer entering and the man put his mask on.....as I was loading up the car a van pulled up next to us and 8 exited all wearing masks.  No issues with masks unlike the anti masker brigade and I believe @Walker88 story.  Listened last night to a group of foreign men making jokes of all the walking folks wearing masks calling then Sheeple....tossers all of them, must not have anything else to talk about.

• Thanks 1

On 6/25/2022 at 11:28 AM, ThailandRyan said:

You've been banging on for a long time about how masks interferes with your life, do what you wNt but leave the folks who have no problems with masks out of your agenda.

It's literally you who replied to my post.

I have no problem with what you do whatsoever.

• Like 1

Staff still wearing masks at 7-11 and another shop, as well as everyone on the street and staff at street stands that I noticed, other than 1 farang pedestrian.

Glad they are continuing with masks.

Edited by JimmyJ
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, BangkokHank said:

Seriously???????

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/24/technology/joseph-mercola-coronavirus-misinformation-online.html

"Researchers and regulators say Joseph Mercola, an osteopathic physician, creates and profits from misleading claims about Covid-19 vaccines."

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Seriously???????

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/24/technology/joseph-mercola-coronavirus-misinformation-online.html

"Researchers and regulators say Joseph Mercola, an osteopathic physician, creates and profits from misleading claims about Covid-19 vaccines."

As opposed to those broader circles that profit big time from repeated and promoted official narratives. 

Right, wrong or indifferent......the inherent nature requires a balance. 

• Like 2