Thailand officially drops mask mandate in late night Royal Gazette order

webfact

4 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

As opposed to those broader circles that profit big time from repeated and promoted official narratives. 

Right, wrong or indifferent......the inherent nature requires a balance. 

Now here's one person who's got his hands on stuff that's way over the legal 0.2% limit!

42 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

The only way some people will ever stop wearing masks is if there was the threat of jail for wearing one.......Many Thais love wearing the stupid things....

And from today forward there will be a farang not wearing a mask in 7-11 any more......I need to set a example for all the maskers....

What example will that be? How to upset people in 1 easy lesson?

Be my guest and if you are not allowed in 7/11 without a mask please remember that the staff are only doing their job and it is private property and not a  government owned shop.

If it were me, I would take a mask with me and if they want me to wear it, then I will. I certainly wouldn't throw my dummy out of the pram over it.

After all they have a job to do and AFAIAC until they are told differently I will abide by what they say. After all, they have to wear the damn things all the time.

Edited by billd766
Bad spelling
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DezLez said:

I have visited and been served in two 7/11's today where I did not wear a mask and the staff were. 

A number of nationalities came into the store, some with and some without.  Nothing was said about masks.

I believe that shop staff will continue to wear masks as a mark of respect/show willing  etc to their customers while I will decide if I wish to patronize an establishment that insists on my wearing one. 

The answer is I will NOT wear a mask in a shop that demands them, I will just shop elsewhere!

it is now OUR choice whether to wear and the shop's choice whether to bar us!

That is your choice,  but it isn't mine.

You're correct it is the choice of the shop owner, but not the choice of the employees.

Whilst I won't wear a mask, I will carry one and if I am asked to put it on, I am quite happy to do so. As for shopping elsewhere, why would I bother when I am in the shop I want, mask or no mask.

The staff that work there don't make the rules, they just carry on doing their job.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FarAway said:

Because it is a natural human desire to see the faces and emotions of other people.

These masks are destroying the whole young generation, it breaks my heart every <deleted> time I see a young baby with a mask on their face. I really got measurable heart problems since this mask-wearing started, got severely depressed as well.

You can see in Japans society since longer time already what mask-wearing does to people. It makes them distanced from each other. Physically, but more important emotionally.

Go on believing that rhetoric, and then tell me how the text messaging and e-mailing discussions people have daily as well as speaking to call centers or your insurance company by phone is any different.....try again.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Go on believing that rhetoric, and then tell me how the text messaging and e-mailing discussions people have daily as well as speaking to call centers or your insurance company by phone is any different.....try again.

Huh? I criticize the digitalization of humanity as well. But how does one bad fact make another bad fact better?

• Like 2

On 6/24/2022 at 2:22 AM, connda said:

Finally.  I'll be one of the 10% who will actually take it off.  My guess is that the majority of Thais will voluntarily continue to wear one pretty much forever.

Yeah, I was in a shopping mall today with no mask on. 75% of people didn't seem to care, 20% gave me what I would call a surprised look and I would say about 5% gave me a dirty look. Nobody said anything though.

13 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Boy what a sad sad day it was when they said masks are no longer required.......

Many Thais wear gold,am I showing disrespect if I don't wear gold?

How about if I don't eat fried bugs?

What a ridiculous comparison.  

All you the law is the law guys should be first in line to uphold the law...

And the law says masks are not required any more....

Another ridiculous attempt - if the law said you cannot wear a mask then valid point.  But an absence of a law isn't the same thing.  There is no law to say masks are not required - there is just no law / mandate to say they are.

Really, you must try harder.

Anyway, you carry on, it's good to have warriors around - you guys are amusing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

20 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

pretty much 99% of people I know have had covid.

A handful had the sniffles and a tickly throat, the rest nothing.

Why are hospital beds being clogged ?

I stopped wearing masks months ago except for places like supermarkets/7-11's/hardware stores etc etc.

Lucky you - it put me in hospital (back in 2020 before the vaccines came out).

The vaccines definitely seem to help as my identical twin got Covid last month, even though he's vaccinated and had the booster, and he was ill, but not enough to need a trip to hospital. Admittedly he was stuck in a hotel used to isolate people with Covid until two days after he stopped testing positive (rules of the country he was working in at the time) so he got plenty of rest while he was ill...

If enough people are vaccinated, the mask mandates are probably no longer necessary. The question is are enough people vaccinated in Thailand?

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, bkk_mike said:

".....If enough people are vaccinated, the mask mandates are probably no longer necessary. The question is are enough people vaccinated in Thailand?

It's likely that those people that wanted to get vaccinated have been and most of the ones that haven't been vaccinated have already had COVID at least once

11 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

It is equivocal isn't it.  Your attempt at degrading the nature of humanities interactions over mask wearing is a false narrative.  No degradation has occurred, new ways of communication have been learned and thus society moves forward in a different direction.  After all are friends truly friends, or just acquaintances whom you have personal contact with even if you can not see there faces, what if you were blind.  

What if you were deaf...

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/aug/20/deaf-people-mask-wearing-lipreading

"When the pandemic is controlled, and the masks come off, I hope hearing people remember how much of the world revolves around community and communicating. I hope they still consider us, who deserve to be heard."

Edited by James105
  • Thanks 1