Islamic Council of Thailand opposed to progressive bills and laws around cannabis, marriage equality, and easing alcohol laws

webfact

12 hours ago, Nickelbeer said:

You simply want to argue. Your opinion is worthless and I won’t be answering any more of your drivel. My point stands and you can go and bother some OTHER poster. NO tolerance for ISLAM…….EVER!!!!

I can equally claim your opinion is worthless. BTW you've ignorned the info I provided on Thai Muslim rights within Thailand, guranteed by the Thai Constitution. Perhaps it is you who should be deported for not complying to the tenants of the Thai Constitution; as you know Thai government is not favourably disposed to those who dissent.

• Thanks 1

On 6/25/2022 at 6:50 AM, pedro01 said:

I don't see the problem.

Some people don't like certain laws this is how democracy works. Its not about pleasing every one. 

Democracy and islam goes so well together ????

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Orinoco said:

They are all crackpot. Just that many  people are to blind to see it. 

I think religion gives a lot of comfort to many people, especially those terrified of death. However, non-believers will never win the atheists debate; such is the hardwired mindset of believers. But then, I supposed most of us have hardwired beliefs of some kind, though the majority will be benign.

MIND Y' MORALS, PLEASE

It doesn't matter which of the remaining gods others believe in... until they try to ram their so-called morals down the throats of those who disagree. The Islamic Council is well within its rights to have an opinion, but does it really need to make headline news? 

PUT A CAP ON IT, LADS!

And as for the only anti-contraception god, well... many poor sods have suffered and died due to the spread of nasty STDs passed around by the more promiscuous theists. It's a fair comment, is it not, albeit a tad controversial.

So, c'mon, fellas, put a cap on it, for crying out loud!

Edited by Stubby
typo
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Stubby said:

I think religion gives a lot of comfort to many people, especially those terrified of death. However, non-believers will never win the atheists debate; such is the hardwired mindset of believers. But then, I supposed most of us have hardwired beliefs of some kind, though the majority will be benign.

MIND Y' MORALS, PLEASE

It doesn't matter which of the remaining gods others believe in... until they try to ram their so-called morals down the throats of those who disagree. The Islamic Council is well within its rights to have an opinion, but does it really need to make headline news? 

PUT A CAP ON IT, LADS!

And as for the only anti-contraception god, well... many poor sods have suffered and died due to the spread of nasty STDs passed around by the more promiscuous theists. It's a fair comment, is it not, albeit a tad controversial.

So, c'mon, fellas, put a cap on it, for crying out loud!

Get off your soapbox

So  c'mon fella put a sock in it.

Good day.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Well not really, they dropped the beheadings, polygamy, death for apostacy, etc etc.... 

Yes we have become a nation of softies. People who do vicious crimes get a slap on the wrist. Deterrent appears to be a four letter word now. We tend to give the criminals better treatment than the victims but when you have laws that are soft what else would you expect.

Edited by Photoguy21

On 6/25/2022 at 2:20 PM, JayBird said:

It's a good idea to remember that just because they call themselves an Islamic council, it does not mean they represent all or even a lot of Islamic people.  They mainly represent themselves.

The same can be said for a lot of organizations.  The BNP does not represent all Brits.  The KKK does not represent all Christians.  And the proud boys do not represent gay men ????

I've given you a like but I think you deserve one for your humour in your last sentence. 

I assume it was meant to be humour?

• Thanks 1

I am no big fan of any religion, to put it mildly, and certainly not of the extremist Islam. Or the Christian right wing nutjobs in the USA, the evangelicals, for that matter.
I will say this, though. I have traveled extensively through North and West Africa, especially through the Sahara and Sahel, and the so-called ‘civilized’ West can learn a thing or two when it comes to hospitality and generosity from the people there. They will literally share their last meal and their last bottle of water with you, and they will go out of their way to help you in any way they can. This is probably a generalization, but it is true of most of the many people I met there on my travels. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

I am no big fan of any religion, to put it mildly, and certainly not of the extremist Islam. Or the Christian right wing nutjobs in the USA, the evangelicals, for that matter.
I will say this, though. I have traveled extensively through North and West Africa, especially through the Sahara and Sahel, and the so-called ‘civilized’ West can learn a thing or two when it comes to hospitality and generosity from the people there. They will literally share their last meal and their last bottle of water with you, and they will go out of their way to help you in any way they can. This is probably a generalization, but it is true of most of the many people I met there on my travels. 

Yes very true of many people around the world.

It goes to prove you don't need religion to be a good person.

But the nut jobs, won't have that. you are a bad person if you don't believe.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, simple1 said:

Since when does expressing a POV equate to religious fundamentalism - there are zero threats articulated.  The Islamic Council is comprised of Thai Muslim citizens, repeat they are Thai citizens who have equal rights under the Thai Constitution. together with the Thai Muslim representative appointed to advise the monarchy. Accordingly it is you, a non citizen,  who's expressing a fundamentalist attitude..

FYI...

https://budapest.thaiembassy.org/en/content/muslims-in-thailand-under-royal-benevolence?cate=5d6634e815e39c439c000039

They are an unelected bunch of men only constantly offended by everything that goes against their backward religion, and always try to impose it's values on the rest ie Halal certification. As such their opinions should be heard, then totally ignored.

14 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

People sharing their last meal does not change a doctrine built on supremacy, spread by conquest and which oppresses women, gays and apostate's. People can be nice in spite of the evil in the things they follow.  

3 minutes ago, proton said:

They are an unelected bunch of men only constantly offended by everything that goes against their backward religion, and always try to impose it's values on the rest ie Halal certification. As such their opinions should be heard, then totally ignored.

How does halal certification even affect you? The cost is minimal.

2 minutes ago, proton said:

It's a huge money making con which I find offensive

No food business is required to obtain halal certification. They do it because it helps their business make money. If you find it offensive, don't eat halal certified foods, you don't need to peddle your islamaphobia onto everybody else.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/aug/14/halal-certification-creates-more-value-than-it-costs-says-peak-food-body

29 minutes ago, proton said:

My developers alll have degrees.

One's wife has a phd. 

How abt you?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, proton said:

Halal certification only applies to followers of Islam, doesn't impact anyone else; same applies to Kosher certification which one presumes you don't have a problem. Halal food export is a growth industry in Thailand.

Plenty of Christians offended by various issues and attempt and do impose their beliefs on others e.g. abortion.

Given the topic relates to Thailand I assume your opinions are ignored by Thai government.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Halal certification only applies to followers of Islam, doesn't impact anyone else; same applies to Kosher certification which one presumes you don't have a problem. Halal food export is a growth industry in Thailand.

Plenty of Christians offended by various issues and attempt and do impose their beliefs on others e.g. abortion.

Given the topic relates to Thailand I assume your opinions are ignored by Thai government.

If it only applies to followers of Islam why is it on bottles of water? what water could possibly be contaminated with pigs, blood or booze? It's creeping sharia imposed on people who do not want it, it's religious oppression by a minority with their idiotic rules,. You would know all about it of course!

4 hours ago, proton said:

If it only applies to followers of Islam why is it on bottles of water? what water could possibly be contaminated with pigs, blood or booze? It's creeping sharia imposed on people who do not want it, it's religious oppression by a minority with their idiotic rules,. You would know all about it of course!

https://www.khaleejtimes.com/health/why-water-is-halal-certified-in-some-countries

From the article:

According to Dr Sirajuddin Suhaimee, director of the Department of Islamic Development's Halal Hub Division in Malaysia, the world's biggest halal certification body, the certification is for the process and not for the product.
"The best water filters are made of pig bones," he said. "Water filteration units use products that are not halal, so before we give a certificate, we inspect all these."

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

https://www.khaleejtimes.com/health/why-water-is-halal-certified-in-some-countries

From the article:

According to Dr Sirajuddin Suhaimee, director of the Department of Islamic Development's Halal Hub Division in Malaysia, the world's biggest halal certification body, the certification is for the process and not for the product.
"The best water filters are made of pig bones," he said. "Water filteration units use products that are not halal, so before we give a certificate, we inspect all these."

Nonsense modern filters do not use pig bones

2 hours ago, proton said:

what about coffee why does that need certification, in case the trees are next to a pig farm? the whole thing is a scam

It doesn't "need" certification. Companies choose to get certification because it increases their sales. No other reason. No company is forced to get Halal certification for anything. They choose to do so because they want to sell to Muslims. How can a company's business decision be a "scam"?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, vinci said:

Malaysia is right next door, the grass are greener on the other side, maybe they will be happier there

As opposed to you they are Thai citizens and are recognised by the Thai Constitution. It's more appropriate to say if you don't like Thai Muslims expressing their opinions in Thailand, why not return to your home country as you are contradicting the Thai Constitution.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, proton said:

Nonsense modern filters do not use pig bones

Quite possibly referring to rural environments. Also bovine bone material is used for water filtration.

Synthesis of porous Pig bone char as adsorbent for removal of DBPs precursors from surface water

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/329110321_Synthesis_of_porous_Pig_bone_char_as_adsorbent_for_removal_of_DBPs_precursors_from_surface_water

https://www.highwaterfilters.com/blogs/highwater-marks/removing-fluoride-from-drinking-water-is-bone-char-a-good-alternative

https://www.facebook.com/SihatBersamaRXWater/posts/478519615517673:0

• Like 1

21 hours ago, simple1 said:

As opposed to you they are Thai citizens and are recognised by the Thai Constitution. It's more appropriate to say if you don't like Thai Muslims expressing their opinions in Thailand, why not return to your home country as you are contradicting the Thai Constitution.

The south of Thailand, left leg, has provinces which belonged to Malaysia, but in a war were conquered by the Thai. So it became Thailand with included the people over there, being moslim. The bombing and terror over there is because the people want to return to Malaysia, but not moving. Thailand should give up those provinces to Malaysia again, they want.

The question is, how does Thailand see those people. As many countries have a separate way to look at their people in their country, where ever you are.

8 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

The south of Thailand, left leg, has provinces which belonged to Malaysia, but in a war were conquered by the Thai. So it became Thailand with included the people over there, being moslim. The bombing and terror over there is because the people want to return to Malaysia, but not moving. Thailand should give up those provinces to Malaysia again, they want.

The question is, how does Thailand see those people. As many countries have a separate way to look at their people in their country, where ever you are.

No, the province didn't belong to Malaysia. It was an independent Sultanate that was forcibly annexed by Thailand. Actually, a modus vivendi had been worked out between the southern provinces and the govt of thailand until Thaksin came along and tried to bring the south to heel. He should have let the arrangement alone. Still, it would have been better if Thailand hadn't annexed it in the first place.

• Like 2