Islamic Council of Thailand opposed to progressive bills and laws around cannabis, marriage equality, and easing alcohol laws

webfact

13 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

The south of Thailand, left leg, has provinces which belonged to Malaysia, but in a war were conquered by the Thai. So it became Thailand with included the people over there, being moslim. The bombing and terror over there is because the people want to return to Malaysia, but not moving. Thailand should give up those provinces to Malaysia again, they want.

The question is, how does Thailand see those people. As many countries have a separate way to look at their people in their country, where ever you are.

The deep South provinces were ceeded to Thailand by the British in Malaya (the locals were not consulted), not as result of war, partially in an effort to control the spead of French infuence in SE Asia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Siamese_Treaty_of_1909

On 6/26/2022 at 1:53 PM, Photoguy21 said:

Really? I was 5 years in Saudi and at times we had ground frost. I assume you was not on the east coast. I was working for Aramco.

I worked for Aramco, offshore, both in the Gulf and the Red Sea. 

Spent the night before crew change in Dammam (east coast) north to Dubai and south to Jeddah on the west coast. 

Winter the nights were cool and comfortable. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

The deep South provinces were ceeded to Thailand by the British in Malaya (the locals were not consulted), not as result of war, partially in an effort to control the spead of French infuence in SE Asia.

Actually, not. Thailand annexed the Sultanate in 1902. In the Anglo-Siamese Treaty Thailand actually ceded part of that to the British.

'Ratifications were exchanged in London on 9 July 1909,[3] and the treaty established the modern Malaysia–Thailand border. The area around modern Pattani, Narathiwat, southernmost Songkhla, Satun, and Yala remained under Thai control, where decades later the South Thailand insurgency would erupt. Thailand relinquished its claims to sovereignty over Kedah (Thai: ไทรบุรี, romanized: Saiburi), Kelantan (กลันตัน, Kalantan), Perlis (ปะลิส, Palit) and Terengganu (ตรังกานู, Trangkanu) which entered the British sphere of influence as protectorates.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Spent the night before crew change in Dammam (east coast) north to Dubai and south to Jeddah on the west coast. 

That should read north to 'Duba', west coast..........bloody keyboards taking control  

The nights before crew change staying Tabuk hotel. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I was in the Al Khobar area, yes I recall cool and comfortable. Not frosty mornings though as mentioned elsewhere. The warm seas made that unlikely..... misty/foggy was frequent. I was also up in Wafra, Kuwait, much cooler there and maybe frost in the desert when the air came from the NW in Iraq.

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Actually, not. Thailand annexed the Sultanate in 1902. In the Anglo-Siamese Treaty Thailand actually ceded part of that to the British.

'Ratifications were exchanged in London on 9 July 1909,[3] and the treaty established the modern Malaysia–Thailand border. The area around modern Pattani, Narathiwat, southernmost Songkhla, Satun, and Yala remained under Thai control, where decades later the South Thailand insurgency would erupt. Thailand relinquished its claims to sovereignty over Kedah (Thai: ไทรบุรี, romanized: Saiburi), Kelantan (กลันตัน, Kalantan), Perlis (ปะลิส, Palit) and Terengganu (ตรังกานู, Trangkanu) which entered the British sphere of influence as protectorates.

My error. More detail on the attempted forced assimulation of the Patani region into 'Thainess".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patani#The_20th_century:_forced_assimilation

9 hours ago, placeholder said:

No, the province didn't belong to Malaysia. It was an independent Sultanate that was forcibly annexed by Thailand. Actually, a modus vivendi had been worked out between the southern provinces and the govt of thailand until Thaksin came along and tried to bring the south to heel. He should have let the arrangement alone. Still, it would have been better if Thailand hadn't annexed it in the first place.

Jihadist's have been murdering thousands over the past 20 years whatever the origins and excuses for their terrorism. You have to understand though they are only following the man they worship who is quoted in the Haddith of Bukhari when asked how he became victorious as saying: I became victorious (over Meccans) with terror.

1 minute ago, proton said:

Jihadist's have been murdering thousands over the past 20 years whatever the origins and excuses for their terrorism. You have to understand though they are only following the man they worship who is quoted in the Haddith of Bukhari when asked how he became victorious as saying: I became victorious (over Meccans) with terror.

Mohammed also said "Respect the people of the book" in reference to Christians and Jews. Until the mid twentieth century large populations of Christians and Jews prospered in Arab countries in the middle east.  Did Muslimis just discover the passage you cited less than 100 years ago?  It's easy to pick passages out of the Old Testament, the New Testament, or the Koran to justify all kinds of horrors. And in fact, history is littered with those examples. 

Still plenty of nasty people to go around.

Stupid books stupid people.

Dinosaurs and there followers, the lot of them.

The murder of a Hindu man in the northern Indian state of Rajasthan has sparked religious tensions in the area.

The victim, a tailor named Kanhaiya Lal, was killed in Udaipur district on Tuesday by two Muslim men, who filmed the act and posted it online.

They claimed the act was in retaliation for the victim's support for controversial remarks made by a politician on the Prophet Muhammad.

Edited by Orinoco

Some on this board have a short memory.

this week in Paris. Hate is plentiful with religions.

The only surviving attacker from the group that carried out the November 2015 Paris attacks has been found guilty of terrorism and murder charges.

Salah Abdeslam received a rare full-life sentence for his role in the gun and bomb attacks that killed 130 people.

The court also convicted 19 other men involved, six of whom are believed to be dead.

The trial - the biggest in modern French history - began last September.