Exiting Thailand on a different passport

I'm a dual citizen with 2 Western passports. The passport I entered with (and which has my B visa) ran out of visa pages, so is being renewed at that embassy. I get a fresh one in a few weeks. 

However, some last-minute travel has popped up, and I need to leave the country for a few days. I know it's not allowed under normal circumstances... but is there any way to exit on my second passport – which has my same name? I have photos of the stamp, visa, entry card, etc. from passport #1. And i don't mind re-entering as a tourist for a couple weeks as I await my primary passport and getting its visa transferred over. 

The embassy that has passport #1 is totally useless and seemingly impossible to contact. So, I don't think I'll get anything useful out of them.

See with your embassy if they can issue something like and emergency "laissez-passer", some do. But that would only allow you to return to the country of origin of your passport. You could then reenter Thailand under your other passport and void any Thai visa you had running, unless you exit and reenter one more time.

6 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

See with your embassy if they can issue something like and emergency "laissez-passer", some do. But that would only allow you to return to the country of origin of your passport. You could then reenter Thailand under your other passport and void any Thai visa you had running, unless you exit and reenter one more time.

Thanks (and to everyone else) for the feedback. 

I just need to goto Cambodia for business for a few days... I'm not returning to the country of origin.

Friends in Singapore had mentioned their embassy had returned their old passports for one-last trip while they were awaiting the new ones to print. Which would be ideal, as I have enough space on my last visa page for a couple more stamps. But trying to get the Bangkok location of this embassy to do anything useful, like return my passport, is futile.

So... it sounds like I'm locked up in Thailand ????

43 minutes ago, pathologix said:

But trying to get the Bangkok location of this embassy to do anything useful, like return my passport, is futile.

Well, if you have a Gallic passport as I have, I'd agree. The section of the embassy that passport matters has a broomstick up its rear side. For instance they force you to pick up new passports at their offices, while the Australians will EMS them to your home, for a fee. And that's just one thing...

• Like 2

On 6/25/2022 at 3:47 PM, Boomer6969 said:

Well, if you have a Gallic passport as I have, I'd agree. The section of the embassy that passport matters has a broomstick up its rear side. For instance they force you to pick up new passports at their offices, while the Australians will EMS them to your home, for a fee. And that's just one thing...

As with the UK who won't use EMS anymore so you have to pay an agent or make 2 trips to Bangkok a whole days drive ????

• Like 1

If you want to make an emergency trip outside Thailand, your only viable option is an emergency travel document from the embassy of the country that issued your visa. Most embassies have an emergency contact number that can be used when you need to travel in an emergency. I suggest you use it and explain the situation.