Air Fryer

superal

8 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Yes, much healthier, less oil/fat, faster and versatile.

I have cooked just about everything in it from boiled eggs to pork steak to whole and portions of chicken.

You could even bake a cake it in it as its essentially a mini oven. Damn sight cheaper to run than an oven too.

I bought this one with 3 yr warranty, no regrets used many times each week.

https://s.lazada.co.th/s.hJcok

That's cool.  Never saw one with a see through front.

13 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Yes the light comes on for a few seconds then off again several times throught the cycle.

I guess this is a scam of some sort.  Same model as yours.  https://shopee.co.th/ตะแกรงหม้อทอดขนาด5.5ลิตรใช้สำหรับรุ่น-MV-1402-MV-1403-ขาว-ดำ-i.225548862.13257463486?xptdk=b52b699f-4a09-4ca4-bc86-a875243eb6d9

Ours is from Makro, about 1,000Baht several years ago, basically a very big glass bowl with the fan and element fitted into a glass lid. It's the same principle.

My son used it to cook BBQ when friends come around. Works well, quick too for: beef, pork chicken, sausages and roast veggies/chips. 

Friend in CM owns a small coffe shop/bakery, in her unseen back room she uses 2 of the above to quickly cook medium size cakes, cupcakes quiches, etc. Many batches every day as needed. Fast clean up. 

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1

I went a different direction, sort of, although, its the same, table top convection oven.  High temp (coil), powerful fan.  Difference, larger (12L), see thru,  and a whole lot cheaper, ฿850 

Tested some pastry cooking the other day, and perfect results.  Didn't have to fire up the 70L oven, or deal with the small inconsistent, exposed elements of the toaster oven.

Strangely order from Sonar, at ฿762, had order for a week (52 in stock), but never shipped.  So order from LAZ (Sonar flagship) ฿850 & Central ฿890 ...

LAZ shipped first, so they won.  xcld other 2, Central acknowledging & thanking as not shipped yet.  Sonar ... nothing.   LAZ & Central stating ... sent from Sonar ????

SONAR Hot Air Oven

image.png.ca0ff8a6a7a9439b396f02ca46935107.png

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Ours is from Makro, about 1,000Baht several years ago, basically a very big glass bowl with the fan and element fitted into a glass lid. It's the same principle.

My son used it to cook BBQ when friends come around. Works well, quick too for: beef, pork chicken, sausages and roast veggies/chips. 

Friend in CM owns a small coffe shop/bakery, in her unseen back room she uses 2 of the above to quickly cook medium size cakes, cupcakes quiches, etc. Many batches every day as needed. Fast clean up. 

I think you are talking about a convection oven as above?

I have one too, between that and the air fryer can do pretty much everything. Very good years ago in the limited kitchen space when I lived in a condo.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

I went a different direction, sort of, although, its the same, table top convection oven.  High temp (coil), powerful fan.  Difference, larger (12L), see thru,  and a whole lot cheaper, ฿850 

Tested some pastry cooking the other day, and perfect results.  Didn't have to fire up the 70L oven, or deal with the small inconsistent, exposed elements of the toaster oven.

Strangely order from Sonar, at ฿762, had order for a week (52 in stock), but never shipped.  So order from LAZ (Sonar flagship) ฿850 & Central ฿890 ...

LAZ shipped first, so they won.  xcld other 2, Central acknowledging & thanking as not shipped yet.  Sonar ... nothing.   LAZ & Central stating ... sent from Sonar ????

SONAR Hot Air Oven

image.png.ca0ff8a6a7a9439b396f02ca46935107.png

Had one of those when I  first started living here some 16 years ago, very efficient, lasted us well for many years.

I got one as a bonus when i bought my new Samsung inverter fridge from Tesco south...

Never used it as i leave Thailand September  and if used i would not be able to sell it. It is a Alectric 4.5 OA5 MINT GREEN

It is priced in Lotus now 1960 baht ,may go for 999 baht brandnew in box ,is tip touch screen system...

Anyone interested PM me or phone 06121 495 56 (Pattaya South Tesco  Sukhumvit south area)

As i leave Thailand i am selling out all my condo appliances and furniture ( some furnitures already gone ....index white real leather seat and 420  Inverter fridge 5.1 system  6 month old now coming for sale next month as departure is come closer 

20220422_124147.jpg

20220403_123513.jpg

20220402_183131.jpg

Edited by david555

2 hours ago, david555 said:

I got one as a bonus when i bought my new Samsung inverter fridge from Tesco south...1851797109_Samsungmyfridge.png.a836bdc72f25275f5483c27cd38bdce1.png

Never used it as i leave Thailand September  and if used i would not be able to sell it. It is a Alectric 4.5 OA5 MINT GREEN

It is priced in Lotus now 1960 baht ,may go for 999 baht brandnew in box ,is tip touch screen system...

Anyone interested PM me or phone 06121 495 56 (Pattaya South Tesco  Sukhumvit south area)

As i leave Thailand i am selling out all my condo appliances and furniture ( some furnitures already gone ....index white real leather seat and 420  Inverter fridge 5.1 system  6 month old now coming for sale next month as departure is come closer the price for that  6 month young inverter 5.1 options Samsung inverter is 11000 baht as i can no shipping containers availble  i must sell good stuff ..... damn Putin !... ????

20220422_124147.jpg

20220403_123513.jpg

20220402_183131.jpg

https://youtu.be/NchzDVEi_nc

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NchzDVEi_nc" title="alectric หม้อทอดไร้น้ำมัน 4.5 ลิตร รุ่น OA5" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Samsung RT43K6230S8 Interior layout.jpg

Samsung my fridge.png

Edited by david555

Mine is Tefal... the square one. It is OK, but as others state, it's not for everything and it's not 100% the same as oil fried stuff, but passable. It really is an awesome mini oven though, and for that it's much more useful than I thought when buying it. Just wish I took Philips as far more accessories for baking all kinds of stuff are available for it than for Tefal. Overall, not a bad thing to have.

One thing though - the health benefits are wiped out in comparison with oil frying because of much higher concentrations of acrylamide that it causes in food due to high temperatures, so I remember Philips suggested air frying longer time at lower temperature and just finishing last few min at higher temperature... Not very practical. I was trying to find that article (it was titled Do air fryers cause cancer), some time late last year I think. Can't remember from where. Try Googling...

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

How long do chips (fries) take?

One portion (about size of large KFC/McD fries) of frozen frenchies takes 10 mins to reach golden brown. About 5 min mark open the fryer and shake fries for even cooking (not really necessary though).

• Like 1

13 hours ago, james.d said:

There is a thread regarding air fryers a couple of months ago with alot of replies and info.

Hopefully you find what you're looking for.

Cheers.

I did try the search facility but it came  up with nothing similar . I have to say that I have tried the search facility here before on other searches and often not got results . Please try yourself , I typed in Air fryer

13 hours ago, ricklev said:

I had a Phillips air fryer for many years. Brilliant.

Dropped it and replaced it with the one above from Big C. It works just as well and less than half the price. One year old now.

I do chips, sausages, fish fingers, pies - everything in the air fryer.

Most meat I cook on the BBQ. (Not work firing up for three sausages)

Kicked the oven out and freed up space in the kitchen.

11 minutes ago, superal said:

I did try the search facility but it came  up with nothing similar . I have to say that I have tried the search facility here before on other searches and often not got results . Please try yourself , I typed in Air fryer

It was March, sometimes the search facility doesn't work here I think 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

16 minutes on mine. It's printed right on the air fryer... That's for frozen ones. No idea for fresh ones.

Fries are one thing I won't use it for, as just not as good as deep frying, which takes less than 10 minutes, with only 6 minute of that, actually cooking time for 10mm frozen fries.

They have there pluses, and limitations.  

• Like 1

we have a Philips, Biggish one we got some attachments like a deep pot-pan so can do omelet's or even pizza's

hot plate for Steaks

i find oily products are better Pork- Salmon etc

Chicken and French fries taste slightly direr, but that's the whole point less Oil 

very convenient as they normally switch off so you can forget about them.

Buy a cheap BIG size one, you'll be amazed what you can cook in them, just think of them as a small oven so you can put almost anything in them.

LAZADA 

Philips Air Fryer Premium XXL for Fry/Bake/Grill/Roast with Fat Removal and  Rapid Air Technology, 1.4kg Capacity, Black, HD9650/93 : Amazon.com.au: Home

Edited by bolt
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Yes, much healthier, less oil/fat, faster and versatile.

I have cooked just about everything in it from boiled eggs to pork steak to whole and portions of chicken.

You could even bake a cake it in it as its essentially a mini oven. Damn sight cheaper to run than an oven too.

I bought this one with 3 yr warranty, no regrets used many times each week.

https://s.lazada.co.th/s.hJcok

Thanks for the link Charlie , that model looks the Rolls Royce of air fryers and at 5.5 litres can you cook a whole 2 kg chicken in it ?

I would recommend getting one of the larger capacity ones. We have a Tefal. 3 litre capacity I think, and though great, it's far too small for the three of us.

I can just about get away with doing four fish fingers with fries, or a couple of chicken breasts. My next one will be one of the Phillips 5 litre ones.

I'm no expert with it, but recently been cooking some fantastic Kentucky Fried Chicken style fillets lately.

Found a recipe on Youtube, tried it and the little one loves it. She tells me it's better than "Kimtucky Fried Chicken.", as she calls it.

One thing that I have found handy for cooking with the Air Fryer is an olive oil spray. It allows me to lightly coat some foods with a spray of oil, but not too much.

Also have to experiment with the cook settings for whichever model you buy..

E.g. I find the settings for fries 200 degrees for 20 mins to be too high and too long. I find 180 for 12-14 mins to be enough.

Edited by phetphet
  • Thanks 2