20 year Elite card - 1Million Baht

2 hours ago, Onerak said:

Yes I am aware of that but trying to do least number of exits and least number of visits to immigration offices. I have been to the neighboring countries multiple times. I don't have any more desire to do travel to neighboring countries. New Zealand may be an option. How easy to get a TV in New Zealand? I have not been New Zealand. Want to do it before I die.  I know New Zealand is not a neighboring country but want to take a mini vacation. 

My understanding is that, for most nationalities, the embassy in Wellington and honorary consulate in Auckland are both good for tourist visa applications. However, New Zealand is a hell of a trek from Bangkok. Rather than using it for a visa run from Thailand, you might be better off going there before or after Thailand.

What is your nationality? If you are from a country that has introduced the eVisa system, you can apply for a new tourist visa while still in Thailand, and just do a border bounce anywhere convenient to use your new visa and get the fresh 60-day entry. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Onerak said:

New Zealand may be an option. How easy to get a TV in New Zealand? I have not been New Zealand. Want to do it before I die.  I know New Zealand is not a neighboring country but want to take a mini vacation

New Zealand is a mini vacation from Australia not Thailand. 

Tickets from Thailand to NZ would be expensive and long and involve a stopover.

If you wish to go to NZ do it, but not as a visa run. 

6 hours ago, BritTim said:

What is your nationality? If you are from a country that has introduced the eVisa system, you can apply for a new tourist visa while still in Thailand, and just do a border bounce anywhere convenient to use your new visa and get the fresh 60-day entry. 

Wow, that is good news. I am from USA. So, I can apply for an e-Visa while in Thailand and  hop to SIngapore or Penang and come back with a TV entry for 6-month. Great. Will do that. Thanks for this valuable info. This may be my permanent process to stay 6-month in Thailand. Get an e-Visa from USA and then get another e-Visa while in Thailand. Exit once to a neighboring country and then fly back. ????

Edited by Onerak

19 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

I save thousands of AUD a year on complimentary golf fees around LOS with my Elite so in reality it doesn't cost me anywhere near 1 million baht.

I get discounts at other places like Emporium, MQartier, and some beautiful hotel chains.

You only get those if you bought the 2 million baht membership, so you paid one million baht extra for these perks.

• Like 1

Lots of perks with Elite visa. Free lounge access at the airport. Fast track immigration. None of that onwards ticket nonsense when checking in abroad headed to Thailand. Limo (BMW 730) service driving you home or pickup from home to the airport. No hassle at the bank if you need to transfer money out of Thailand. ( They always ask for work permit first, just flash the membership card). Assistance getting drivers license etc etc