Five schoolboys caught on tape attacking 16-year-old boy who came back to school

webfact

image.jpeg

Sannok Thai Caption: It's: Five on One

A video published by Sanook is bound to feed into the standard online rhetoric that Thais only attack in packs. 

The 11 second clip showed a 16 year old boy who was returning to a school where he used to be a pupil being set upon by five boys in shorts. 

He is punched and kicked before the cowardly assailants leave him in a heap.

The video was accompanied by text on Facebook that said: What am I to do when this happens to my younger brother?

It happened in Phan Thong district of Chonburi in Eastern Thailand. Sanook caught up with 16 year old Natthaphum and his mum and dad. 

It happened on June 24th, last Friday, at 4 pm, after he went back to the school to see his former teachers and friends. 

The first person who attacked him was the elder sibling of someone with whom he had had a problem, but it had been sorted out.

Or so he thought. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-06-27

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Sad 4

25 minutes ago, webfact said:

The first person who attacked him was the elder sibling of someone with whom he had had a problem, but it had been sorted out.

So a younger child attacked the victim of this assault because the victim had a problem with his even younger sibling?

Really sad to see that.

I'd go ballistic if that happened to my child as many of other parents would and should.

Hopefully the kids get expelled and transferred to another school. 

• Like 2

Not just Thais this is standard practice for all bullies to work in packs no matter what nationality they only attack when they are confident they will win I am very surprised that the author of this article engaged in Thai Bashing

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

What am I to do when this happens to my younger brother?

This being Thailand, my guess is to come back with a bigger gang.

• Like 1

One solution... send the attackers to a boarding school for re-education... Shameful. And when do the schools start to teach that violence is never a way of solving problems and 1 against 4/5/6/7/8/ or more is cowardly....These things are not normal

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Move on, nothing to see here. Just teen Thai boys learning how to gang up on weaker targets as older Thai adults

And I wonder if the parents of any of the boys or the police took the trouble to sit them down and ask/inist on them explaining the problem and their logic fo the attack they perpetrated.

I did this a cople of times at one of the Thai universities where I lectured. I sat them all down (not always together and inisted that they explain themselves and told them 'until you give me a logial adult menaingul explanation of your actions and what you wanted to achieve then we don't go home.

It worked and it slowly became obvious to the boys involved that they were being stupid and their actions would never achieve anything and they actually had nothing to fight about. I made them all explain this to me one by one, everybody sitting in a circle. Smartphones all turned off. They all became more mature and responsible. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, RobU said:

Not just Thais this is standard practice for all bullies to work in packs no matter what nationality they only attack when they are confident they will win I am very surprised that the author of this article engaged in Thai Bashing

It's a Thai forum, why bash anyone else!

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Yep, I saw it on TV this morning. Gang beatings is ingrained in their DNA. 

Oh spare us, please. Kids gang up on kids everywhere.

Back in Scotland, I almost had my ass handed to me by the class bully when I was about 14 years old. He had two or three buddies who rode along in thrall of his power although they were wimps themselves. He was expelled a couple of years later and earned a reputation on the street as a "hard man" and was locked up a few times. After I started dating his cousin, I suddenly became his best friend but he still remained a total <deleted> of a human being.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

I copped something similar from 4 teenagers in the UK when my family moved back from Australia. Once they surrounded me I attacked first and got a jump on them and they panicked and ran, never to attack me again. Sometimes attack is the best form of defence, especially when you are out numbered. I never did like bullies or pack cowards.

As my dad taught me. Get the first one in!

On 6/27/2022 at 4:35 PM, RobU said:

But it didn't happen elsewhere but at a school in Thailand. I have no doubt that if it happened in a different country the local/national news would have picked it up and reported it.

54 minutes ago, billd766 said:

But it didn't happen elsewhere but at a school in Thailand. I have no doubt that if it happened in a different country the local/national news would have picked it up and reported it.

I don't understand what you are saying the reporter states that Thais only attack in packs I responded to that statement I don't believe that to be true. Widely reported gangs of youths in the UK picking on individuals with videos posted to facebook and twitter. 'Happy Slapping' was one of the terms used i.e. picking upon an individual simply because they can videoed by their mates or girlfriends. All bullies, no matter what their nationality, attack in packs they dare not face the victim one to one.

Edited by RobU
spelling mistake

8 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Then you get gangs of unruly kids roaming the streets and causing trouble and fights in the day time 

To which there is also a solution, doing nothing with the issue at school however is not one of them.