Thais still unwilling to ditch their masks, says media, despite success of vax campaign

webfact

18 minutes ago, thaifoolishness said:

He says Pattaya correctly, listen to how the Thais say it and read how it is written -  พัทยา 

That is how the guy says it, so many westerners pronounce it as 'Pa-thai-ya', or something like that, which is not correct.

I know how the Thais say it and he's not even close. he should stay home at his boozer where nobody has to wear masks or anyfink.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, James105 said:

Not only this, but people who wear a face mask are providing an excellent service for the bacteria community.   

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fmed.2021.732047/full

"For optimal growth, bacterial cells need a surface to grow on, warmth, moisture, and nutrients, which is the environment created on the face mask due to exhaled air and water vapor".  

That was about cloth and surgical masks only.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Regarding mask wearing, that's exactly what I've been doing and will continue to do when outside my home in close proximity to others...as long as COVID is circulating in the country -- regardless of what the government says or doesn't say.

I don't need the government to tell me  to do something that is a common sense health protection measure...and that doesn't bother me at all...in a time of COVID. And the N95 masks I wear have been shown to significantly reduce the risk of contracting COVID, in addition to the fact that I've been fully vaccinated and boosted, as companion protections.

So I'm going to keep wearing my mask when in close proximity to others outside of home, until there are no longer official government numbers saying things like today's update:

--10,000+ people are currently hospitalized in Thailand because of COVID.

--610 of those are in serious condition with pneumonia type symptoms.

--and another 286 are in such bad condition that they've required intubation in order to breathe.

Screenshot_2.jpg.080c2fb18dcab5592f35a725dbd388d1.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/photos/591579362460392

And then, of course, there was this little nugget in today's news:

COVID cognitive decline more widespread than thought, say researchers at Australia's first long-COVID clinic

"And the team has found something startling.

Around one quarter of the ADAPT study's participants were experiencing noticeable cognitive decline a year after getting COVID.

And, some sort of cognitive decline was recorded in almost all of the participants, regardless of the severity of the initial infection."

https://aseannow.com/topic/1264058-covid-cognitive-decline-more-widespread-than-thought-say-researchers-at-australias-first-long-covid-clinic/

All those statistics have made you paranoid! 

Only kidding, I agree with you. 

29 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

I know how the Thais say it and he's not even close. he should stay home at his boozer where nobody has to wear masks or anyfink.

He is closer than most, ok perhaps with a bit of a cockney accent, but most people here get it totally wrong calling it 'Pa-thai-ya' - which is much worse than his effort.

Edited by thaifoolishness
misspelt

19 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

--10,000+ people are currently hospitalized in Thailand because of COVID.

--610 of those are in serious condition with pneumonia type symptoms.

--and another 286 are in such bad condition that they've required intubation in order to breathe.

Screenshot_2.jpg.080c2fb18dcab5592f35a725dbd388d1.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/photos/591579362460392

And then, of course, there was this little nugget in today's news:

COVID cognitive decline more widespread than thought, say researchers at Australia's first long-COVID clinic

"And the team has found something startling.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1264058-covid-cognitive-decline-more-widespread-than-thought-say-researchers-at-australias-first-long-covid-clinic/

Does it state the average age or co-morbidity of those 10,000 people.?

"Pneumonia" is basically the intrinsic cause of death of old age or "natural causes".

Edited by onthedarkside
trolling comments removed
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, thaifoolishness said:

He says Pattaya correctly, listen to how the Thais say it and read how it is written -  พัทยา 

That is how the guy says it, so many westerners pronounce it as 'Pa-thai-ya', or something like that, which is not correct.

I've been saying Bangkok for 23 years and Thais when talking to each other will not call it Bangkok. And basically who cares, if I got in a taxi and said Pataya in Geordie I would get to petheya in Thailand. 

• Haha 1

I will add that for those that sensibly intend to keep masking, if you haven't done so already, up your mask game. With so many people being unmasked cloth and medical procedure masks are almost useless for SELF PROTECTION.

Also Omicron variants are much more infectious 

I favor the Korean standard KF94.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I favor the Korean standard KF94.

People should wear the best quality, highest efficiency mask that they can obtain....

The gold standard of masks for COVID purposes are the N95 masks, which have the two headstraps to help insure a tight face seal.

The Korean made KF94 are better than the commonplace cloth or medical masks... but AFAIK, they're only of the ear loop strap variety... And that style tends to provide a less tight face seal than the head straps variety.

There are no N95 masks with ear loops... All N95 masks have the dual head straps design.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Archie Baker said:

For the man in the video:- Thais follow the law! look around you mate your in Gaga land. 

A lot of Thais want to wear mask so what!  If you don't like it then pack up and go back to England...

Exactly, but he can't abuse impoverished girls in England, he want's his cake and to eat it. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, thaifoolishness said:

Not as bad as in Isarn, where I lived for 20 years. 

I know Westerners who have lived there for over 10 and 20 years who say Khon Kaen and Kalasin ????

3 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Not knocking Thais here, but there is a bit of a sheeple mentality throughout Asia. Ditching their masks will be a slow process. ????

Wow, see the smug farang so smart and clever he can insult a whole race of Asian people. ????????

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Ha d to drop off a letter at the post office on Friday, nipped down on the bike

Walked in with my helmet on, got a nasty look and told to take my helmet off

Ok, no worries, took off my helmet, then told to put a mask on

so i must show my face by not wearing aa helmet, open vizor, but must put a mask on that covers most of my face 

crazy places

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PuaSai said:

If they still feel like wearing them, that's their choice and shouldn't be an issue.  It's the same when Thais and some farangs wear a mask when the pollution level is high.

Unfortunately it is not the same. The damaging politicization of mask wearing from the west (and Russia etv.) has sadly infected Thailand at least among westerners here.

• Haha 1