Weed Vaporizer

On 7/3/2022 at 9:49 PM, JustThisOnePostOnly said:

Understood.

Removing the smoke may not but the modality of inhaling vapor is very new to the human experience.

That's my only point.  I'm not saying it's harmful.  I'm not saying I wouldn't do it.  It's just that, being so new, we can't say for certain what the long-term outcome is, because lungs are just that complex.

There's a very good chance our species has already undergone the adaptations necessary to handle mj smoke.  People conflate mj smoke with tobacco smoke all of the time and the two couldn't be more different AND we have the medical research that shows that.

Sorry to be so strident, but this is a pet peeve of mine.  Marijuana gets legalized in the U.S. and suddenly we see all of these other activities, and I don't know and have no reason to suspect that vaporization is harmful and should be in the same category as, say, butane explosions and cookie overdoses, but dammit we have a safe form of consumption and it's called SMOKING and it works every time.

If it's not broken, don't fix it.

I remember buying a dry table top vape in the early 90s not exactly new technology. 

Tbh i didnt find it very satisfying as i love a bong but to say they are really new imo is not true.

I just brought a boundless v3 in with me. Apparantely the dry herb only type vapes are not illegal. Regardless never had my bag checked in Thailand EVER so i thought it was probably worth the risk lol...

On 6/29/2022 at 5:55 PM, scotsman said:

https://thaivape.shop/.    I have ordered one from here so I don't think this is illegal as far as I know so I hope I can post this link if not then remove my post.  

regards 

Scotsman  

i buy from Aliexpress, no problem with delivery, would like Davinci IQ2, but this shop you mentioned only have it in Malaysia and i will not risk $400 to be caught by customs

I have received my order and it is a good device no extra charges so I don't know if it came from America or Europe or in Thailand but it did take a while to get it.  I don't think you should take the chance it will be stopped in Customs as $400 is going to get you a lot of import tax.  But you can ask the company using there line app support.

Regards 

Scotsman  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, scotsman said:

I have received my order and it is a good device

Which device? From thevapeshopth?

I purchased a Flowermate Cap from them, delivered within a few days. It's a nice unit, quite small, portable and discrete. Works well, great exctration even on lowest temp. Recommended but watch Youtube reviews first to make sure it will satisy your needs.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

I purchased a Flowermate Cap from them, delivered within a few days. It's a nice unit, quite small, portable and discrete. Works well, great exctration even on lowest temp. Recommended but watch Youtube reviews first to make sure it will satisy your needs.

I also have the flowermate Aura and it is very portable and the only problems i have seen online about them is the mouthpiece can crack due to the heat.   

Regards 

Scotsman 

On 7/18/2022 at 12:36 PM, AndyFoxy said:

Works well for me.

0BAC4459-080F-4E8A-A8F2-BDB37C563991.jpeg

I have a Boundless CFV and very happy with it.

But due to shipping restrictions I had to buy it in Germany last time and bring it here in checked luggage. Don't ask me about availability in Thailand at the moment...

On 7/13/2022 at 3:31 PM, CrossBones said:

I would suggest Dynavap Vong, with a Bong (14mm)

or  a Volcano

Neither of these devices could be classified as electronic cigarattes i believe.  The dynavap isnt electronic. And the Volcano is a massive beast, that runs off mains  power not battery and bares no resemblance to a cigarette. Neither of these devices are capable of  vaping ejuice.

https://www.greenlungsth.com/

My Thai friend enquried at the volcano manufacturer directly in Germany and they replied due to laws and problems with customs they are not sending any vaporizer devices to Thailand

In case of air travel, problem with most battery powered dry herb vaporizers is the built in battery.

It doesn't show the capacity in mAh so if you have a strict control they might ask you to remove it.

Therefore I use my Dynavap for air travel.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

I used in the last 5 years the arizere extreme q and worked  great for me and still working fine, now I'm going to buy the new version arizer xq2 from Europe and will bring it in Thailand if legal. Volcano hybrid in my opinion remain the choice number one for desktop versions  but the arizer does a similar job at 30% of the cost

On 7/17/2022 at 10:36 PM, AndyFoxy said:

Works well for me.

I actually just got one of these same units, and it works well for me too. I'm very happy with it. I intend to bring it with me to Thailand in my carry on bag—I hope I can get it through without a problem!

Finally, one that works as it should. I've tried about six other small portable dry herb vaporizers, and they were all weak in some way or another, and had crappy airflow. But this one has decent airflow and gives good hits, the battery lasts a long time, and it heats up quickly. Plus nice digital temp control. I can recommend it.

On 7/25/2022 at 3:08 PM, indyo said:

now I'm going to buy the new version arizer xq2 from Europe and will bring it in Thailand if legal.

Airizer XQ2 available here, in Thailand...

https://chumrearn.com/arizer

I ordered three Airistech dry herb vaporizers from AliExpress (the "official" Airistech store there). Order shipped from the Netherlands. Breezed through Lak Si Customs. Took ~37 days from order to receipt.

Seeing a lot new dry herb vaporizer options here now. Still none of the higher end units the OP asked about though. I've been encouraging some thse folks to stock the Pax 3 and/or Da Vinci IQ2.

E-cigarettes are prohibited under several regulatory mechanisms in Thailand. The Medicine Act B.E.2510 (1967) prohibits the manufacturing, sale and importation of modern medicinal products. The Tobacco Products Control Act B.E.2535 (1992) prohibits the importation and sale of products imitating cigarettes. Notification B.E. 2557 (2014) by the Ministry of Commerce bans the importation of e-cigarettes, including those without nicotine. A Consumer Protection Board order bans the sale of e-cigarettes, including those without nicotine. The Customs Act B.E. 2469 (1926) prohibits people from bringing untaxed products into Thailand. There is no explicit law banning the use of e-cigarettes, but vaping is banned where laws prohibit smoking. Although vaping is not banned as such, importing e-cigarette products and selling them are prohibited, and so vapers can still get arrested. Anyone caught breaking these laws can have their items confiscated and be fined or sent to prison for up to 10 years if convicted. In February 2019 the Phuket News reported that a French woman had been arrested, charged, fined, jailed and deported after being caught with an e-cigarette.

In Thailand, heated tobacco products are classified alongside e-cigarettes under the Consumer Board Announcement and Ministry of Commerce announcement. Therefore, their sale and importation are banned under the existing regulations

This absolutely sounds like a heated tobacco system to me. While Thailand is spotty regarding enforcement, I’ve even seen vape pens for sale in Bangkok, you really are taking a risk. As far as being able to buy, it is as always buyer beware. You buy whatever you want, they’ll sell it to you, doesn’t mean it’s legal to import or use. They’re not the ones busted, you as the purchaser are. Do what you want, but I think the system is actually illegal.

• Haha 1

On 6/29/2022 at 3:58 AM, ThaiVisaCentre said:

I'm fairly confident that Dynavap is 100% legal in Thailand.

Dry Herb / Tobacco vaping is not what they made illegal in Thailand.

Even if it has the same name "vaping", that is not what is illegal in Thailand.

It is the e-liquid, and the e-liquid vapes that remain illegal.

I think e-liquid is a term used more for tobacco vaping.

For cannabis vaping you typically use a disposable "vape cartridge" that screws into a battery.  That is my preferred delivery method.  The big advantage is that there is little or no odor so you can vap just anywhere.  Even indoors in a no smoking hotel room.  It doesn't make a mess and nothing to clean up.  Just throw away the cartridge when all the oil inside is used up.

Since extracts are still illegal in Thailand I guess vaping bud is the next best thing.  

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 2

I am not sure if these posts should stand up. As far as I can determine these are all systems that are illegal under current Thai law. These are all heated delivery systems banned under current regulations. You are promoting them. Smoke your doobs, pipe, or bongs, but don’t promote illegal ways to do it. Like I said, enforcement can be spotty but if they do a crack down look out. Your advice is gonna get people busted. I too like e-doobs but I use them in the US. And yes dry herb vaping is illegal. All ENDS (Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems) are currently banned in the Kingdom. You pays your money you takes your chances, but I’m not sure about promoting or giving illegal advice on the forum.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Bobbie Davies said:

I am not sure if these posts should stand up.

You can report your concerns to the Mods.

The attribution for much of your post...

https://gsthr.org/countries/profile/tha/#:~:text=E-cigarettes are prohibited under,importation of modern medicinal products.

You may be right, just about anything can be deemed legal or illegal here depending on the situation, and the parties involved.

So if you're caught by the police and charged with violating one of the edicts re: using Cannabis, then you might easily find a charge added on about using an illegal device.

And buying/importing many things requires a license, like playing cards or marital aids, so yes buying/importing these devices may be "illegal".

That said, "heated tobacco products" applies, I think, to products (tobacco) which can be heated. And not the device which does the heating. Note that that sentence is under the "Snus" category, further focusing on the product and not the way it is consumed.

As Cannabis is legal, with some restrictions, I honestly do not think the authorities are going to crack down on the use or  possession of, dry herb vaporizers. In fact it wouldn't surprise me if some aroma therapy (Terpene, for example) already offer this service in high-end spas for wellness packages for high-end tourists?

Everyone has to make their own choices re: quality of life and risk/reward. Using a dry herb vaporizer to consume cannabis at home is probably not going to "get someone arrested".

But thanks for your concern, and legal advice.

Edited by bamnutsak

Thanks for putting in the attribution bamnutsack. Glad someone looked it up to find. Also, I think the sentence you refer to actually belongs in the section above HTP, heated tobacco products. Snus is chewing tobacco. If you look further under heated products (click on it) you will see specifically referenced the Phillip Morris tobacco heating system called IQOS (that’s what was available at the time of writing). Because Thailand looks at all components as being relevant in an HTP not just sticks or (heets) as they are called, but they still fall under the ENDS (Electronic Nicotine Delivery System) whether or not it is used for nicotine or not, the system is still banned. My niece works customs at Suvarnabhumi Airport. I asked her for clarification. She said that if those are declared they will be confiscated and if they are found in baggage charges will be brought. Not just the sticks or cartridge, the machines as well. Projecting from that, I would say they are banned. That said they are trying to change the rules to allow for vaping products and ENDS, there is an Act before the government, (opposed by Health Minister, big surprise) but have not done so yet, you know how long it takes to get anything through. And yes people can do whatever they want, just wanted to put accurate information out there on the legality and risks. I smoke cigarettes and weed so I don’t have an axe to grind. I wouldn’t mind being able to use a vape or other product. I do use them in the US. Enjoy it however you like it. Just be aware there are potential consequences to everything and might want to think it through.

I found this from Stockholm Thai Embassy https://thaiembassy.se/en/ban-on-electronic-cigarettes-in-thailand/ what should be banned is any device projected to vape liquid, extract or oil but for example an Arizer extreme q is intended for dry herb only and there is no place or tank to put any liquid as also staded by manufacturer so is such kind of device legal?

• 5 weeks later...

I ordered an "Original Airistech Herbva Nokiva Kit Dry Herb Vaporizer Pen with Ceramic Coil" from Ali express in July, and got an email yesterday saying my item had been signed for and delivered.

Unfortunately it was signed for by customs and from what I can tell, it was seized?

• 03/09/2565 10:52LAK SI MAIL CENTERFinal delivery (ศุลกากรอายัด/Customs Officer) (Successful)
  • 03/09/2565 10:48LAK SI MAIL CENTERItem out for physical delivery
  • 03/09/2565 08:49LAK SI MAIL CENTERArrival at inward office of exchange
  • 24/08/2565 14:35International (Netherlands)Departure From Outward OE
  • Sad 1

On 6/29/2022 at 4:22 PM, ThaiVisaCentre said:

I think Dynavap has found a loophole as it is not powered by any battery, and has no internal heating process.

So how does it work please? The cannabis has to be heated to decarbolate? it.

8 hours ago, KannikaP said:

So how does it work please? The cannabis has to be heated to decarbolate? it.

The Dynavap? Heating to vaporization is accomplished with an exterrnal heat source, most often a butane lighter. I guess there is an external induction option, which must be battery powered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTrcdkId0dY

Dynavaps are quite popular and beloved. To me they look like several forms of accidents waiting to happen.

Most portable dry herb vaporizers are battery powered, and are recharged via USB. Some have replaceable (18650) batteries.

• Thanks 1

On 7/13/2022 at 3:31 PM, CrossBones said:

I would suggest Dynavap Vong, with a Bong (14mm)

or  a Volcano

Neither of these devices could be classified as electronic cigarattes i believe.  The dynavap isnt electronic. And the Volcano is a massive beast, that runs off mains  power not battery and bares no resemblance to a cigarette. Neither of these devices are capable of  vaping ejuice.

https://www.greenlungsth.com/

Anybody try using this place in the link above (www.greenlungsth.com)?  Their website does appear to have exactly what I need (dry herb vaporizers, etc), but there's currently no way to purchase anything directly from the website.  Apparently the only way to contact them directly (or buy anything) is via the Line app.  I did chat with them on Line yesterday, and they tell me that payments are made through direct deposit into their account, but I'm not sure if I have any way of confirming whether I should expect to receive good service.  Anyone try them already?