500 kilos of marijuana from Laos seized on border - no arrests - now what happens to the weed?

webfact

Let's say you grow your own and you live in a condo.

You end up with some weed that has a lot more than the allowed 'happy ingredient'.

You settle down to enjoy a smoke and  your upright neighbours call Mr Plod and complain about the smoke and the smell. Mr Plod comes to enguire and finds a few good handfuls of your weed on your coffee table.

Will you tell Mr Plod to go away as it is all now legal and above board?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, overherebc said:

You end up with some weed that has a lot more than the allowed 'happy ingredient'.

You settle down to enjoy a smoke and  your upright neighbours call Mr Plod and complain about the smoke and the smell. Mr Plod comes to enguire and finds a few good handfuls of your weed on your coffee table.

There are no restrictions on the THC content of MJ plants.

As for annoying your neighbours, best not to live in a condo if you want to smoke anything or play loud music.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

There are no restrictions on the THC content of MJ plants.

As for annoying your neighbours, best not to live in a condo if you want to smoke anything or play loud music.

I believe at the moment all those who think that Thailand is becoming the hash utopia of the east should settle down a bit and see how many more changes there will be in the growing/selling/ smoking laws before they get too excited.

11 minutes ago, overherebc said:

I believe at the moment all those who think that Thailand is becoming the hash utopia of the east should settle down a bit and see how many more changes there will be in the growing/selling/ smoking laws before they get too excited.

Hash is still against the law.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, overherebc said:

its NOT legal to grow if ur a Farang>  ONLY applies to Thai's
If u smoke in ur condo and the smell travels to ur neighbor, good chance u'll be busted

• Like 1

Just now, overherebc said:

So everything she grows is less than 0.02% happy stuff?

It's a circular argument you're making.

I can explain what the different legalities are to you, but I can't understand it for you.

I'd suggest you don't participate in topics you can't understand.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

It's a circular argument you're making.

I can explain what the different legalities are to you, but I can't understand it for you.

I'd suggest you don't participate in topics you can't understand.

I don't understand why people are getting so excited about the whole thing. The laws are going to change a few times before it's all straight.

1 minute ago, overherebc said:

I don't understand why people are getting so excited about the whole thing. The laws are going to change a few times before it's all straight.

I'm excited because I'm no longer a criminal subject to arrest and deportation.

And I can carry on doing what I was doing anyway without fear.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

its NOT legal to grow if ur a Farang>  ONLY applies to Thai's
If u smoke in ur condo and the smell travels to ur neighbor, good chance u'll be busted

Yep, and all the protests about it being legal will fall on deaf ears.

22 hours ago, overherebc said:

If growing and owning as much as you want was ok then I would agree with you, but unless you are a registered producer/thai/over 20 then I wouldn't suggest digging up your rose bushes and growing a few kilos.

Agree with me about what?

You read like a seppo lefty that doesn't have an answer so tries to deflect with nonsense.

At no stage has anyone suggested farangs dig up the rose garden.

Apart from the greatest social move the world has seen the elephant in the room is the brilliant kick start this will give the economy that has been fornicated by two and a half years of Covid.

My suggestion is you re-read the rules and give up on the reefer madness mind set.

37 minutes ago, wombat said:

Agree with me about what?

You read like a seppo lefty that doesn't have an answer so tries to deflect with nonsense.

At no stage has anyone suggested farangs dig up the rose garden.

Apart from the greatest social move the world has seen the elephant in the room is the brilliant kick start this will give the economy that has been fornicated by two and a half years of Covid.

My suggestion is you re-read the rules and give up on the reefer madness mind set.

I really don't care about the reefer madness thing. We all know it's BS.

I just don't believe that this will be the big cannabis freedom happening that so many believe. Have no fear the laws will change.

I really don't care one way or the other.

Nobody wants that dry Thai brick weed, it's down to well under 10,000 baht for a kilo brick of that harsh poo poo.

Need to bring back the gooey Thai sticks that was tasty and pungent to smoke.

Edited by Papilon
  • Haha 1

FYI:

Khao San Road: Marijuana seller told to get a permit - officials confirm selling weed is legal

Officials from the Phra Nakorn district office and Chanasongkram Police station were out in Khao San Road yesterday making sure that all traders had the required permits to sell on the street.

One that didn't was a marijuana trader who would roll up joints for his customers on the popular tourist street.

Watthawee Thaweewat or "Dave", 36, was told that he needed a licence from the local office as all people did who sell anything on the street.

He was told to go and get one and warned that he'd be fined 2,000 next time if he didn't have a licence. 

Local district director Wasan Bunmeaunwai said that there was no problem with people openly selling weed on the streets - it was all perfectly legal now but everyone needs to have a permit to sell no matter what it is.

On 6/30/2022 at 7:10 AM, Papilon said:

Nobody wants that dry Thai brick weed, it's down to well under 10,000 baht for a kilo brick of that harsh poo poo.

Need to bring back the gooey Thai sticks that was tasty and pungent to smoke.

4000 a kilo now, 8000 before legalisation