500 kilos of marijuana from Laos seized on border - no arrests - now what happens to the weed?

webfact

Marijuana is now treated as a market product in Thailand.

So now the crime should be illegal importation (avoiding Thai customs), not illegal drugs. If the 500k is abandoned, it becomes the property of Thailand customs for disposition.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Over .02% of the happy stuff and it's illegal. ????

I don't understand why so many posters have the idea that it's all legal now, and I'm 100% sure if it's been 'smuggled' over the border the producers are not being careful to ensure the weed being smuggled complies with the maximum legal 'happy component'.

Some people are going to end up in world of hurt if they don't understand what's allowed and what's not allowed.

Edited by overherebc

4 hours ago, overherebc said:

Over .02% of the happy stuff and it's illegal. ????

Some confusion here. The limit is 0.2% llimit snd seemingly applies to extracts, ie sweets, oils, resins etc, not the plant itself. That's not to say there won't be a lot of flipping & flopping when the legislators finally get their act together. For for now  see:

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/blunt-truth-media-keep-getting-it-wrong-on-thai-cannabis-legalization/  or

https://www.expatden.com/thailand/cannabis-in-thailand/

• Like 2

I'll get rid of the stuff, will personally undertake the incineration with my furnace, which is specifically designed for this chore.  I have many years of experience with this sort of thing and can provide references.  I will bring in able sub-contractors to expedite the process.

Cannabis 101: Popular Bong Types Explained - WDBX Blog

1 hour ago, DoctorB said:

Some confusion here. The limit is 0.2% llimit snd seemingly applies to extracts, ie sweets, oils, resins etc, not the plant itself.

Thanks for this.  It now makes sense in a way.

CBD concentrates in the US can max out at .03% without being classed as an intoxicant.

I'm not particularly concerned with this, so in lieu of providing a link I suggest those who are interested give

how much thc is in cbd oil

to your favorite search site, like I did.

9 hours ago, freedomnow said:

Wonder if Laos will follow Thailand now and legalise it....

Think there is still a micro-industry in busting foreigners right after they buy it.

Never wanted to find out.

Like fearless leader said...

If you haven't tried it before don't start now.

24 minutes ago, wombat said:

Only if it's extract...weed by itself isn't extract.

If growing and owning as much as you want was ok then I would agree with you, but unless you are a registered producer/thai/over 20 then I wouldn't suggest digging up your rose bushes and growing a few kilos.

Edited by overherebc

21 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

Why the effort and 'tip off'... I mean.. If its legal right ?? 

Falang goods must be taxed; preferably at a high rate. Marijuana is legal but falang tax must be paid. This 'found' marijuana will most likely be donated to the poor.