Covid extension rejected

11 hours ago, Leon1980 said:

My visa expires on July 12 and my flight home is September 5. Has anybody on visa exempt had any success in Phuket or anywhere else?

Cheers

Sir if you failed to get an evisa in the UK I fear you dont know what your doing. No offence meant. That process is so easy. Clearly states what documents you need and bank statements are not one of them. Did you fail to buy Insurance perhaps. Trust me it is a brilliant and easy facility now available to UK residents wishing to have an extended stay. Don't even have to post passport anymore. It all comes back by email couple of days. Easy peasy

14 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Immigration offices are just showing themselves as being bunch of minions.

The higher up ones just out and out scam artists.

Covid extensions should be available at all offices up till July 25.

My advice use an agent.

Granted 5-5.5k (includes the 1900 extension fee) but much better than trip to Phuket with TM30 required etc.

Fight corruption with corruption.

This embassy letter scam was tried on my 2 friends in Hua Hin as far back as early this year.

They paid 5500baht each

Simple and hassle free.

If he's a good agent he may help you in the future with other visas once the COVID-19 extensions are finished entirely. 

5 hours ago, nana kid said:

I arrive with a tourist visa on July 15.  Is C W issuing Covid Extensions and what papers would I need to get on.

If you do not even arrive in Thailand until July 15, you will not even be eligible for the routine 30-day extension until September. For a Covid extension to be available to you, they would need to remain available into October. That might happen, but in all likelihood will not. In the event that Covid extensions are available in October, you will need to see what the requirements are at that time.

On 6/29/2022 at 1:42 PM, NanLaew said:

You don't know me but I'm not bitter. I just call it as I see it. Those habitually using the lowest-bar to qualify for an extended stay here aren't necessarily making any more of a contribution to the Thai economy than they are to global warming.

Anyway, the OP skipped out on getting this magical, all contributory visa in the UK and winged it on a visa-exempt permission to stay for a finite time that has already been legally extend to the maximum permissible. There's something here about lying in the bed you made but it's easier to say the OP's plan was more winging it than he'd probably like to admit.

It's an extension that he's being denied here, not a visa. He never had a visa.

NB: I did also wish the OP good luck earlier.

I'm not bitter either - but I don't understand why the OP thinks he's entitled to a COVID extension. There are regular flights back to the UK now so the original reason for these extensions no longer exists. Either apply for a relevant visa or go somewhere else.

Edited by Mark1066
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Mark1066 said:

I'm not bitter either - but I don't understand why the OP thinks he's entitled to a COVID extension. There are regular flights back to the UK now so the original reason for these extensions no longer exists. Either apply for a relevant visa or go somewhere else.

Completely irrelevant - As per the Royal Gazette, Covid Extensions are available until 25th July - Fact

• Like 1

On 6/29/2022 at 2:17 PM, Martin Brit said:

Sir if you failed to get an evisa in the UK I fear you dont know what your doing. No offence meant. That process is so easy. Clearly states what documents you need and bank statements are not one of them. Did you fail to buy Insurance perhaps. Trust me it is a brilliant and easy facility now available to UK residents wishing to have an extended stay. Don't even have to post passport anymore. It all comes back by email couple of days. Easy peasy

With respect your information is not correct. Financial evidence  is required and this can be "e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings, sponsorship letter". On the other hand insurance is not required for a Tourist Visa.

See:

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/84451-tourist-visa   or
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYSEuy9ipDE

Admittedly the OP is less than clear about what his visa issue actually was.

10 hours ago, Mark1066 said:

True, and this has been the case for a long time now. But the fact is, the gov't is issuing Covid extensions for reasons of their own (your guess is as good as mine) certainly other than Covid itself, so perhaps the source of the confusion is with them.

ps: I am not using the extensions myself

Edited by arithai12

9 hours ago, RedArmy said:

Completely irrelevant - As per the Royal Gazette, Covid Extensions are available until 25th July - Fact

It may not be relevant with regard to why he hasn't been granted an extension but I find taking the path of least resistance is usually the best option in Thailand. With that in mind, I think my comment was relevant - being stranded due to flight cancellations is not the reason he wants to stay in Thailand so why doesn't he choose another visa option?

18 hours ago, Mark1066 said:

There are regular flights back to the UK now so the original reason for these extensions no longer exists

Completely irrelevant.

You assume covid extensions are being provided due to being "stranded".

Incorrect assumption.

Covid extensions are available up till July 25.

You can read it in the Royal Gazette.

The offices that are not issuing them just want you to use an agent.

It's called scam..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mark1066 said:

It may not be relevant with regard to why he hasn't been granted an extension but I find taking the path of least resistance is usually the best option in Thailand. With that in mind, I think my comment was relevant - being stranded due to flight cancellations is not the reason he wants to stay in Thailand so why doesn't he choose another visa option?

The trouble is, how do you know which of the valid visa types/extensions your local office will provide? It is not unreasonable to choose the easiest option to which you are entitled, and hope your office will follow the national rules. I do know the reality of Thailand, where officials will abuse their discretion in refusing applications (or, even sometimes, assigning themselves discretion that the law does not give them). If you want to live here, official misconduct is one of those aggravations you just need to accept. However, I have a lot of sympathy for those who want to use this forum to vent their frustration when things like this happen.