Group of foreign motorbike racers reportedly causes disturbances at night in South Pattaya

webfact

21 minutes ago, dcsw53 said:

But it's OK for the locals to do it at midnight daily on their big bikes ? Every night at the traffic lights near the Floating Market on Sukhumvit. When we complained to the police we were told to stop being a nuisance. Welcome to Thailand !

What is good for the goose not necessarily allowed for the gender, everyone knows that in many cases there's a laws for Thais and others laws for non Thais, that how it was many years ago when i fries arrived and it is still now and nothing will change...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, dcsw53 said:

But it's OK for the locals to do it at midnight daily on their big bikes ? Every night at the traffic lights near the Floating Market on Sukhumvit. When we complained to the police we were told to stop being a nuisance. Welcome to Thailand !

Sukhumvit is a major road- a massive  highway not a small street like yensabai. 

How did you complain to the police? Did you identify  anybody? How did the police respond? In what form?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, webfact said:

Soi Yensabai in South Pattaya

Yes, I ride my bicycle through Arab Town early mornings, hundreds of them, sitting around in different places in the soi. 

I've also seen about 30 scooters with pillions early mornings riding from jomtien back to Yensabai. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

59 minutes ago, webfact said:

foreign motorcyclists who caused disturbances late at night

These guys are not bothered riding at nights, the random alcohol checks are worthless, most of these nuisance guys don't drink alcohol 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

55 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

these motorcycles would never be rented out in the first place to young men who very likely do *not have motorcycle licences (and with almost certainly do not have international licences to accompany a local motorcycle license (if they did have one)). 

I agree, you're absolutely right, "we all know" that almost certainly, none of them have licences!

Edited by Liverpool Lou

14 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Are suggesting that Thai’s do not race their motorcycles on the streets ????

IF so, you are very wrong.

In certain areas young Thai males at night are an absolutely nuisance and the police can do very little to stop them.  These Arabs are behaving just as badly. 

We disagree... the constant barrage of noise here is sometimes overwhelming...  

Peace and quiet is not valued to anywhere near the same degree here as it is in the West.

The majority of Thai adults do not race their motorbikes. It's a  form of delinquency.  As such the police  intermittently  clamp down on it just as they should with this particular 'group ' of tourists. It's noticeable its not tourists in general or European  gangs but ME gangs and as such poses a different  and specific  problem.

If you live in a noisy  area just move. Spend more money on decent  accommodation.

Whatever your many negative  experiences of Thailand and Thai  people, and they seem many they do not represent  the ideal or the actual experiences of most people except those  who feel superior. Do you think you are superior to other people? You know? The non white little people? Do you believe  you  are better than them?.

Edited by The Hammer2021
  • Sad 2

15 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

The majority of Thai adults do not race their motorbikes. It's a  form of delinquency.  As such the police  intermittently  clamp down on it just as they should with this particular 'group ' of tourists. It's noticeable its not tourists in general or European  gangs but ME gangs and as such poses a different  and specific  problem.

If you live in a noisy  area just move. Spend more money on decent  accommodation.

Whatever you many negative  experiences of Thailand and Thai  people, and they seem many they do not represent  the ideal or the actual experiences of most people except those  who feel superior. Do you think you are superior to other people? You know? The non white little people? Do you believe  you  are better than them.

No superior feeling towards Thai’s whatsoever... Just you, which I why spending any further time on a response to your idiotic projections is beneath me. ????

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Sukhumvit is a major road- a massive  highway not a small street like yensabai. 

How did you complain to the police? Did you identify  anybody? How did the police respond? In what form?

We phoned them several times. The last time my wife was told " Oh it's you again, go away ". Then he hung up.
They use the new traffic lights as their starting grid. For personal safety there is no way on this planet I am going to drive next to them and take a video, it would be suicide.
Fascino do a nice line in ear plugs as the residents around here well know.

7 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

In fact peace and quiet is an important  part of life here.

But not so important for people to refrain from making all noise possible as soon as they, themselves wish to.

Just one inconsiderate individual with a booming stereo system can routinely disturb the peace of the whole village, yet no-one considers it "important" enough to do anything constructive about it.

Barking dogs. roosters, angle grinding and bikes with modified exhausts are all part and parcel of normal rural life....peace and quiet not so. ????

• Like 2