Luxurious Indian-style “Jannaat Club” on Pattaya Walking Street officially opens for business

webfact

34 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Its pretty annoying to read all the not so borderline racism here. Anyone that actually knows something about this group would know that along with great unwashed masses many are filthy rich and like to show it.

There are many rich and super rich Indians, I agree. The question is would they come to Pattaya?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

You could be right, but it would depend on his or her sense of humor, which is subjective?

Agreed, I was looking from their perspective but at the end of the day most would probably appreciate this for what it is, banter only

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Of course.

Do you live here?

If so, you wouldn't need to ask.

I do live here, which is why I am posing the question.

My point was would a super rich Indian family come to Pattaya, which has a less than salubrious reputation. I think they would prefer Phuket in a high end hotel, beautiful beaches etc, or even Bali. Numerous choices really.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

I do live here, which is why I am posing the question.

My point was would a super rich Indian family come to Pattaya, which has a less than salubrious reputation. I think they would prefer Phuket in a high end hotel, beautiful beaches etc, or even Bali. Numerous choices really.

They do. 

Where are the emergency fire exits, that's what I'd like to know. If there was ever a panic or stampede when that place was packed and all those tables and chairs started getting knocked over, it looks like it could turn into a real fire trap.

Edited by Gecko123
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Its pretty annoying to read all the not so borderline racism here. Anyone that actually knows something about this group would know that along with great unwashed masses many are filthy rich and like to show it.

Oh, so same as the indigenous then?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Jingthing said:

rich and good manners don't normally go together 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Case in point (from Wikipedia):

Antilia is a private residence in the billionaires row of Mumbai, India, named after the mythical island Antillia. It is the residence of the Indian billionaire Mukesh Ambani and his family, who moved into it in 2012. The skyscraper-mansion is one of the world's largest and most elaborate private homes, at 27 stories, 173 metres (568 ft) tall, over 37,000 square metres (400,000 sq ft), and with amenities such as three helipads, a 168-car garage, a ballroom, 9 high speed elevators, a 50-seat theatre, terrace gardens, swimming pool, spa, health centre, a temple, and a snow room that spits out snowflakes from the walls.

The architectural design of Antilia has been fashioned along the lines of the lotus and the sun. The top six floors of the building have been set aside as the private full-floor residential area. It is also designed to withstand a magnitude 8 earthquake.

As of 2014, it is considered the world's most expensive private residence costing between US$1 and 2 billion to build.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Jingthing said:

What percentage of the population of India are filthy rich?

1 hour ago, JayBird said:

People may understand that not every venture is properly researched and successful.

Coupled with Pattaya having a reputation for non affluent Indians; the query is valid.

Well obviously you have not done your research and have no idea also!

Pattaya has a reputation for less than affluent farangs as well, the problem is they think they are above everyone else due to their white skin.

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, sungod said:

Well obviously you have not done your research and have no idea also!

Pattaya has a reputation for less than affluent farangs as well, the problem is they think they are above everyone else due to their white skin.

I rely on my stunning good looks and athletic physique.

From Stastia  https://www.statista.com/statistics/1248511/india-number-of-millionaires/

At the end of 2020, there were nearly 700 thousand dollar-millionaires in India. This was a significant decrease compared to over 760 thousand millionaires at the end of the previous year. In total, there were nearly 60 million dollar-millionaires worldwide in 2020. The highest density of millionaires had been recorded in Switzerland with nearly 15 percent, whereas India had a density of 0.1 percent. Persons owning assets worth more than one million U.S. dollars are considered high-net-worth individuals (HNWI).

image.png.eeda358f253eb03150f54aff350e2bec.png

21 hours ago, KIngsofisaan said:

Exactly how many Indian's can afford club prices?

They obviously think there is a market.... and there are certainly a number with enough disposable cash to spend in there. They opened a club on soi Pothole and you would struggle to find an area of more poorly dressed cheapskates.....

In a way happy they are being catered for at a distance.......

11 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

Case in point (from Wikipedia):

Antilia is a private residence in the billionaires row of Mumbai, India, named after the mythical island Antillia. It is the residence of the Indian billionaire Mukesh Ambani and his family, who moved into it in 2012. The skyscraper-mansion is one of the world's largest and most elaborate private homes, at 27 stories, 173 metres (568 ft) tall, over 37,000 square metres (400,000 sq ft), and with amenities such as three helipads, a 168-car garage, a ballroom, 9 high speed elevators, a 50-seat theatre, terrace gardens, swimming pool, spa, health centre, a temple, and a snow room that spits out snowflakes from the walls.

The architectural design of Antilia has been fashioned along the lines of the lotus and the sun. The top six floors of the building have been set aside as the private full-floor residential area. It is also designed to withstand a magnitude 8 earthquake.

As of 2014, it is considered the world's most expensive private residence costing between US$1 and 2 billion to build.

I don't think there is any argument there are some very rich Indians, as you point out. In any country there are rich and poor people. The question is would Mukesh Ambani and family come to Pattaya for a vacation and go to club in WS?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mikeymike100 said:

I don't think there is any argument there are some very rich Indians, as you point out. In any country there are rich and poor people. The question is would Mukesh Ambani and family come to Pattaya for a vacation and go to club in WS?

I dont think its aimed at him.........

Kind of silly post really