TM6 cards scrapped?

14 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

And how long did the fill in take.

60 seconds.

Took me almost half an hour one time. Didn't have a pen on me, landed in Don Muang. All designated pens ripped off and stolen (by Chinese tourists?) ... Tried in vain to borrow a pen from Thai staff, but they wouldn't lend out a pen. Since then I always make sure to have one or two pens handy when landing in Thailand. (Strangely, never had such a problem in other countries.)

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Took me almost half an hour one time. Didn't have a pen on me, landed in Don Muang. All designated pens ripped off and stolen (by Chinese tourists?) ... Tried in vain to borrow a pen from Thai staff, but they wouldn't lend out a pen. Since then I always make sure to have one or two pens handy when landing in Thailand. (Strangely, never had such a problem in other countries.)

All you are showing is fact your a poor traveller.

I always have few pens.

Not because I want to help people but so they don't hold me up at immigration upon arrival in Thailand.

The number of dumb folk in front of me.

If I don't see TM6 I ask if they have one along with pen.

Also remind them that boarding pass is often required.

6 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

I care.

I actually prepare mine ahead of a return journey and would be very happy if that was no longer necessary.

I think that, along with 90 day reporting, TM6 cards are a waste of everybody’s time.

‘’scrapping” them, temporarily , is what was announced. I haven’t seen any evidence of that happening.

Waste 1 Min of your Time....????????????

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, LogicThai said:

the IO stamped my passport with a permission to stay date  in sync with my Work Permit (well into 2023, and that was it.

What about Covid Vax Certs? Did they check any docs regarding covid?

11 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

I didn't say you did.

I was highlighting the irrelevance of your post as the thread is about the CURRENT +supposed( scrapping of the TM6.

Wow, I've got a headache now. Don't fight please girls. 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Tuvoc said:

I flew in last night. No checks at all on insurance, TP (these are gone now anyway) or vaccination certificates. Back to pre-Covid times.

The airline gave out TM6 to everyone and I filled it out, but there was no stub in my passport when the IO gave it back to me.

The thing they do insist on is the boarding pass.

Thank you, excellent report.

They also asked for a boarding pass when I returned last month - only the second time in 16 years that I have needed to show it 

14 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

All you are showing is fact your a poor traveller.

I always have few pens.

Not because I want to help people but so they don't hold me up at immigration upon arrival in Thailand.

The number of dumb folk in front of me.

If I don't see TM6 I ask if they have one along with pen.

Also remind them that boarding pass is often required.

I always fill mine in, my gray cells can't remember the visa code number, and fluffing around to copy it is a drag....????

21 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

There have been few similar threads.

I'm amazed.

If the airline hands you a tm6 or they are handed out in immigration queue then fill it in.

If the io accepts it and hands you back the departure section then take it.

Job done. Who cares. 

I flew into BKK last week from the UK with Thai air and they gave me one on the plane to complete, at immigration the IO kept the arrivals section and gave the departure section back to me

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LoeiI said:

I flew into BKK last week from the UK with Thai air and they gave me one on the plane to complete, at immigration the IO kept the arrivals section and gave the departure section back to me

I was also asked by the IO for my boarding pass (Never been asked before) but I couldn't find it and she didn't seem too bothered and stamped me in anyway 

42 minutes ago, LoeiI said:

I was also asked by the IO for my boarding pass (Never been asked before) but I couldn't find it and she didn't seem too bothered and stamped me in anyway 

Common practice is to provide your boarding pass.

Surprised you experience is that not asked for. 

However many folk chuck their boarding pass so io don't insist.

• Like 1

In forty years of flying to Thailand at least once a year I have never been asked for my boarding pass by Thai immigration on arrival at Bangkok airport. For the past many years, I did the online check-in, got a QR sent to my phone and got no paper boarding pass that I could have shown or given anybody asking for it.

Flew Heathrow to bkk on the 30th and was asked for proof of vaccination while checking in. Thai Airways required everyone to check in at the counter! No online offered. The immigration officers in bkk were asking for tm6 cards on June 1. One officer in the queue next to me was rather angry with someone who hadn't completed one. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, alien365 said:

The immigration officers in bkk were asking for tm6 cards on June 1.

Surely you mean July 1?

I flew into BKK from CDG (Paris) on 2 July. Thai Airways handed out blank TM6 cards on the plane and I dutifully completed mine. However the immigration officer I dealt with at BKK Arrivals showed absolutely no interest in doing anything with it, but I won't be binning it in case my local immigration office query why I haven't entered the TM6 number on the TM7 form when applying for my next retirement extension next week. In anticipation of them doing so I plan to arm myself with the fruits of my labours plus multiple copies thereof for them to do with as they see fit.

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OJAS said:

Surely you mean July 1?

I flew into BKK from CDG (Paris) on 2 July. Thai Airways handed out blank TM6 cards on the plane and I dutifully completed mine. However the immigration officer I dealt with at BKK Arrivals showed absolutely no interest in doing anything with it, but I won't be binning it in case my local immigration office query why I haven't entered the TM6 number on the TM7 form when applying for my next retirement extension next week. In anticipation of them doing so I plan to arm myself with the fruits of my labours plus multiple copies thereof for them to do with as they see fit.

Thank you.

Would you mind letting us know how you get on next week  - let's see how joined up Immigration are????

• Like 2

Arrived last night. Filled in the form and presented it. Passport duly stamped but she returned the entire TM6 to me, unstamped. Of course, i was in a hurry to leave and didn't notice I'd got the whole form back until later so couldn't question it.

• Like 1