Expats in THailand can't use PayPal anymore as of October, 2022

On 11/25/2022 at 12:09 PM, VocalNeal said:

So what is everyone using now instead of Paypal

For online payments, I registered my KTB Atm/Debit card for international online purchases, and now I can use that. Normally I would use a Kasikorn virtual CC, but they are still not renewing them.

2 hours ago, Amusements said:

For online payments, I registered my KTB Atm/Debit card for international online purchases, and now I can use that. Normally I would use a Kasikorn virtual CC, but they are still not renewing them.

I'll visit the bank. Not KTB.

55 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

Kasikorn virtual card is still "on the way" or "coming soon". My guess it will never appear - something very wrong happened there.

Bangkok Bank cards? Didn't try, seems the same-same trash.

Sorry for PayPal users.

I spoke to their customer service over the phone from a bank, and was told they were switching a database over, and that it would be ready mid-September. Obviously that has been and gone, and nothing has changed. According to an email from Kbank, they are re launching the online Kbiz stuff on Dec 9th

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NativeBob said:

Kasikorn virtual card is still "on the way" or "coming soon". My guess it will never appear - something very wrong happened there.

Bangkok Bank cards? Didn't try, seems the same-same trash.

Sorry for PayPal users.

I've never had any problems paying online with KTB card so I got another one from them exclusively for the online payments.

BKK is definitely a bs when it comes to online payments, but useful for receiving large (>50k) transfers.

2 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

Can anyone tell me why, when you give account numbers, account holders name etc to a bank that is scamming they do nothing about it?

Because it is your loss, not theirs, and they therefore don't give a FF about your problem...

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

I used my Paypal account on the 17th Dec when I received money into it, and then quickly transferred it to my Thai bank account. So, it seems they are not sticking to their 15th Dec closure edict? ......is it just me or are others still being able to use THEIR PP accounts?

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/3/2022 at 11:48 AM, fdsa said:

Paypal still works as of 3rd December.

well... so long PP, I've requested an account deletion because I can't use it anymore.

bbpp.png.76081f21399458d661aee200e6d2ba96.png

Edited by fdsa

I hadn't used my PayPal account for many years but, having read threads like this, decided to try it on 30th. December to see what happened. I was fully expecting to be blocked.

I logged in, made my purchase from a UK supplier, made payment and logged out. Purchase went through perfectly easily.

I've lived permanently in Thailand since 2009. The primary address on my account is the Thai address I've used since first registration in 2009. Phone numbers to which SMS verification messages arrive are all the same +66 Thailand mobile number. Only the registered bank and card are UK, not Thailand.

I logged in to the account immediately before writing this, to ensure all was still OK. No problem.

My experience is the same as SpiderMike's above. No concerns at all with PP, for me. Looks like home country registration is a way around the problem some have.

• Thanks 2