We have the laziest people in the world in our condo.....

redwood1

When I first came here, I was amazed to see how the Thais would use their bikes and cars to go everywhere. Even really short distances. One shop to another that was less than 50 metres away.

Now they have found a way to let someone else do all their shopping and cooking, (breakfast lunch and dinner) while they lay on their sofa watching Youtube or FaceBook. And the added bonus is it saves wear and tear on their own  vehicles.

5 hours ago, redwood1 said:

We have the laziest people in the world in our condo. 

when there was a 7-11 one block away from the condo

HEY, they're not lazy.

Don't be so horrible. 

We have many freelance girls that work long hours getting wined and dined at the best restaurants by their customers, lots of the darlings living in our condo. 

These, Grab, 7-Eleven guys are walking around the buildings looking for these girls regularly. 

They use our car park, taking up minimal motorcycle parking.

I'm surprised they can walk around the complex freely. 

I'd like to see the lazy people meet and greet their delivery guys at the front security gate. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Fat unhealthy people don't want to walk, then years later wonder why they've got heart disease

Healthy people are bad for the economy. If it wasn't for unhealthy people, there'd be less cars so less insurance companies, repairs shops, dealerships, gas stations, etc.  Not to mention way fewer doctors and hospitals, and food delivery drivers.

3 hours ago, RickG16 said:

@ OP - accept that some people have a different life to you. I am usually busy with work so if I can save myself 20 minutes by ordering a 7/11 delivery I will do so......

..... Time is money! It's not always a question of laziness. 

I accept and I am very glad that my lifestlyle is different from yours, that doesn't allow you a 20 minutes break to procure food in a whole day. I suppose also no cooking, as that takes even longer.

Not to mention that even with delivery you still need to meet the driver (if you lived in that nightmare of a condo, that's a lot of time too). Then there's the issue of plastic waste and fuel, and of sedentary life... Yes, I am glad.

7 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

walk, wash your mouth out, all that rain and sun it's not good for the complexion.

even to go to the house next door or the other side of a narrow soi many have to use their motorcycle

Yes, lucky most people have indoor toilet now ,if not they would use the Bike to go to the Dropbox down the backyard.

Have you NOT heard of COVID?????  I don't leave my man cave and all deliveries are sanitized for 11 hours before I eat them.

That isn't the laziest in the world.  Maybe the laziest in your city, however.

I fully expected 7-11 to be on the FIRST floor and people ordering from the Second.   That would be classic.  I do that, and it's classic..... 

• Haha 2

NEVER Ordered Food delivered to House …..and never will. Just don’t get it at all, as a single Consumer. 

I’m always out in the mornings anyway if only for coffee or admin. so grocery shopping / restaurant a natural combined activity. 

Makes good sense for Families or Disabled who do not have to go out as an unwieldy group exercise  ….just to eat. 

My family did occasionally order in Chinese in UK or Pizza here  …which I ate …because it was there.

27 minutes ago, Iamfalang said:

Have you NOT heard of COVID?????  I don't leave my man cave and all deliveries are sanitized for 11 hours before I eat them.

That isn't the laziest in the world.  Maybe the laziest in your city, however.

I fully expected 7-11 to be on the FIRST floor and people ordering from the Second.   That would be classic.  I do that, and it's classic..... 

Recalls “I Am Legend” movie guy living in his fortified house & taking his hunting rifle & guard dog when going out ????????

41 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Yes, lucky most people have indoor toilet now ,if not they would use the Bike to go to the Dropbox down the backyard.

I like delegating & sub- contracting here though … which Grab is isn’t it ? 

My excuse for that practice is “ I don’t have a Work Permit”. ????????

My Thai lady organizes all our private Thai Business & her own / family Govt stuff.

I do all my Govt. Admin Direct (except Retirement Stay of course as not into sado- masochism). ????

I do realize that “ shopping” or” own house maintenance” is NOT “Work” but still wary of being reported to Immi for “ Working” by jealous Thais.???????? Have been known to change light bulbs though .????

You’ve got to Laugh ????????????

• Confused 1

Nothing to do with your condo building and Thailand.

It is everywhere. My neighbor also orders sometimes from a shop just 200 meters away. It is what people want. It is waiting for the drones, so drones will bring you your shoppings. 

2 minutes ago, xtrnuno41 said:

It is everywhere. My neighbor also orders sometimes from a shop just 200 meters away. It is what people want. It is waiting for the drones, so drones will bring you your shoppings. 

And really not due to being lazy - it is what we have lived for the past two years (and forever if some have their way).  I have not shopped in a supermarket since early 2020, when a supermarket decided to remove all shopping carts due to them being covid evil and we seniors had to carry plastic baskets and provide our own shopping bags.  After that is was Tesco/Tops delivery and see no reason to return to push and shove and checkout lines when it is cheaper to pay a delivery charge than hire a taxi.   

I may be wrong but I think a large proportion of people who get 7/11 deliveries are young girls. For lots of reasons, they dont own a vehicle, they are security conscious, snatch and grab of hand bags etc do happen, they don't walk to 7/11 at night., they avoid the direct sun, it means putting on make-up, getting out of pajamas. Not to mention, anyone caring for children/elderly.

Edited by Peterw42

37 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

And really not due to being lazy - it is what we have lived for the past two years (and forever if some have their way).  I have not shopped in a supermarket since early 2020, when a supermarket decided to remove all shopping carts due to them being covid evil and we seniors had to carry plastic baskets and provide our own shopping bags.  After that is was Tesco/Tops delivery and see no reason to return to push and shove and checkout lines when it is cheaper to pay a delivery charge than hire a taxi.   

Like i said, it is what you want , i dont care. Im a senior of 63 yo and just do by myself.

Get my bag and do the shopping. Have one plastic big bag, it is now 30 yo old and still doing fine. So worth its money. Yha i can still carry that one in the car.

But now also have a rolling bag, so thats more easy.

Maybe someday changes.  

8 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

In my 

In my worst nightmares I'd live in a place like that. 

yep, looks similar to the base in khon kaen

only tall building in the city

imagine having to jump off it if the fire exits were on fire etc

17 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

yep, looks similar to the base in khon kaen

only tall building in the city

imagine having to jump off it if the fire exits were on fire etc

And how many times during construction did someone say "Maï phen raï"?

• Thanks 1

I don't understand why you are looking a gift horse in the mouth?

&

The staff in 7-Eleven make 35 baht an hour...the tips they would make for running food to Bwana must make that a lucrative 7-Eleven to work in.

Edited by wombat

3 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

The delivery drone guys will be wearing these:

https://www.geekculture.com/geekculturestore/webstore/webstoreimages/beanies/doublebeaniesmall.gif

If you lived above this row of shops, which 7-11 would you order from?  This is in Loei by the University.

image.png.e1967801fcff3626ffbfcd9165e09202.png

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, phetphet said:

And the added bonus is it saves wear and tear on their own  vehicles.

and wear and tear on the flip flops.

but the real answer is.... because they can, because they can afford to... and maybe to show they that they can afford to...

but trying to be serious, why do the bar girls get a mo'cy taxi to go from one end of the soi to the other?... 5 mins walk, or 15 mins waving for said mo'cy, getting on, helmet on (sometimes), adjusting helmet (if donned), adjusting skirt if worn and riding side saddle, reaching end of soi, fiddling around for the 60 baht fare, handing helmet back (if if if) ,purse back in handbag, go to salon to make good hair and make up...etc etc etc...hmmm

16 hours ago, redwood1 said:

When I first moved to Centric Sea condo I would see 7-11 delivering here all the time...The first 300-400 times I saw this I did not think much about it, but then I started to wonder why I was seeing so many 7-11 deliveries every day (95% small orders) when there was a 7-11 one block away from the condo?

Just remember that a lot of people are also ordering very small orders for delivery to "season" their address for visa co-habitation purposes with their partner who they might be intending to take back to their home country. Although I do not live at Centric Sea, I'm also doing this in my condo (around 30 deliveries per week combined in both our names) to prove that we live together which is a requirement to apply for partnership type visas in some countries.

1 hour ago, Joe Farang said:

I love it on the Baht bus when a Thai rings the bell to get off. The bus goes again and within 5 to 10 seconds another Thai presses the bell to get off.

When I'm out and about, I often see passenger's disembarking, then there's another passenger waiting to be picked up 2 meters ahead, so the baht bus drives that couple of metres to pick up the next passenger.

People to lazy to walk to the baht bus to board. 

• Like 1