We have the laziest people in the world in our condo.....

redwood1

19 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I personally do not like that 7-11 and probably would not go there.

Now, I would however take a walk down the block to Soi 6 for an afternooner.

Soi 6 also do Take-Outs and deliveries :whistling:

Walking is not something people value here. It's popular in some other countries for leisure, for health, etc.

Here it is seen primarily as a lower class activity for people that cannot afford transportation, unless your doing it specifically for exercise like in a park, or with jogging clothes on, etc.

Deliveries gain face because somebody is serving you without you needing to do anything. So you would want to be seen by others receiving deliveries. Perhaps taking a call on your new iphone while getting the delivery and having the phone in your hand right when your neighbor walks by. Or, knowing when it's crowded and getting deliveries at thst time so you are seen or so people around think you are getting many important deliveries and don't care about the delivery costs.

As for tipping, nobody knows (except the delivery guy who does not count and can't give face from something only they know about), so forget the tip unless it's just something small like 10 baht to keep them from possibly saying anything publically that can be heard by those watching.

Edited by JimTripper

7 hours ago, JimTripper said:

As for tipping, nobody knows

These grab guys walk around our condo complex delivering food to people in different buildings. 

I often see them waiting outside the lobby areas for 10 or 15 minutes, some of the girls come down to pick up their food wearing a towel on their head and on the phone, they collect their food and walk of, no money exchanges so they must be paying on the App when ordering, so I assume no tip. 

Bloody rude people. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

On 7/6/2022 at 1:49 PM, it is what it is said:

if only everyone was a perfect as you.

chill. live and let live

Who said anything about being perfect except you,and your lack of sense of humor....

This post is 100% true, but also ment to be a bit funny because of the huge number of people who use the 7-11 delivery service here...By the time you take the elevator down to the lobby your practically half way to our 7-11 already.....And with another 1 to 2 minutes of walking you would actually be at the 7-11 in person....

I find the whole thing just amazing....lol

Edited by redwood1

On 7/5/2022 at 10:10 AM, lopburi3 said:

Many people are doing work and study from home during covid (and would prefer to have contact with one rather than a dozen people) and have no free time during the workday for shopping?

Add to that the risk factor in 7/11. Went into one the other day, standing at the till paying for my stuff and a guy walks in, puts his hand up to the thermometer gizmo and it goes bats@#t crazy beeping. Two staff less than 6ft from it do nothing. I looked and it was showing 37.8 degrees. Staff did nothing, he then walks up to where i'm standing and pushes in to tell the staff member serving me to put two sausages in the grill for him (which he did) before heading off around the shop. So much for Covid awareness at 7/11. No point having the temp scan equipment if the staff don't know/don't care enough to do anything when it goes off.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Flink said:

Add to that the risk factor in 7/11. Went into one the other day, standing at the till paying for my stuff and a guy walks in, puts his hand up to the thermometer gizmo and it goes bats@#t crazy beeping. Two staff less than 6ft from it do nothing. I looked and it was showing 37.8 degrees. Staff did nothing, he then walks up to where i'm standing and pushes in to tell the staff member serving me to put two sausages in the grill for him (which he did) before heading off around the shop. So much for Covid awareness at 7/11. No point having the temp scan equipment if the staff don't know/don't care enough to do anything when it goes off.

And there are pig ignorant customers who don't respect these precautions, nor have any respect for the lowly shop assistants. It really is a lot to ask of the staff to challenge these folks.....

I recall an incident when I was in a 7-11 when a temperature sensor registered high and the server tried to get the obviously hung over guy to just try it again.... behaved like a thug and tried to engage me in a 'its all a conspiracy/ BS' discussion. 

Edited by jacko45k

On 7/5/2022 at 12:57 PM, RickG16 said:

@ OP - accept that some people have a different life to you. I am usually busy with work so if I can save myself 20 minutes by ordering a 7/11 delivery I will do so......

..... Time is money! It's not always a question of laziness. 

Good driver you have then.

My local 7-11 delivery guy doesn't understand 1 way streets and I happen to live on one: the moat in Chiang Mai. See the guy driving around for about an hour trying to get to me. In the end he gives up, parks his motorcy somewhere and walks to my place. Order about one hour late and he down on a lot of petrol.

Next order, few days later, same thing happens. Dude just completely failing to get even near my place. Another hour+ delivery.

Turns out, it was the same guy 55555555555

43 minutes ago, Bassosa said:

My local 7-11 delivery guy doesn't understand 1 way streets and I happen to live on one: the moat in Chiang Mai. See the guy driving around for about an hour trying to get to me. In the end he gives up, parks his motorcy somewhere and walks to my place. Order about one hour late and he down on a lot of petrol.

Next order, few days later, same thing happens. Dude just completely failing to get even near my place. Another hour+ delivery.

Lol.... Maybe just order 7/11 through grab or food panda

2 hours ago, Bassosa said:

The third order got here in 5 minutes. Young girl. Delivered to the door as well in stark comparison to the normal modus operandi of sort of being in the general area and calling "I am arrive".