Brazilian student arrested in Bali for carrying cannabis from Thailand

webfact

13 hours ago, rbkk said:

Thailand is now a confirmed 'Narcotics Hub' status as people from all over the world descend on Thailand to purchase their drugs and export them to the rest of the world it seems. I blame Long Covid-19 for the foggy thinking on this one. 

Quality tourism finally.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, stoner said:

why ? 

was he forced to under duress ? is so ill walk my comment back. 

otherwise stupid is as stupid does. 

You didn't ever do anything (harmless) that was a stupid mistake when you were young? Or recently? This guy's life could be ruined. That matches the crime you think?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You didn't ever do anything (harmless) that was a stupid mistake when you were young? Or recently? This guy's life could be ruined. That matches the crime you think?

not like this no.

this is hardly a stupid harmless mistake. this was a conscious choice. you are naive if you believe in 2022 a young man travelling the world like this one is doesn't know or isn't aware of his choice and the consequence. 

i will assume you are older and therefore completely unattached from the reality of the youth of today. 

if i am wrong i take my comment back. 

Edited by stoner
sp
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, stoner said:

not like this no.

this is hardly a stupid harmless mistake. this was a conscious choice. you are naive if you believe in 2022 a young man travelling the world like this one is doesn't know or isn't aware of his choice and the consequence. 

i will assume you are older and therefore completely unattached from the reality of the youth of today. 

if i am wrong i take my comment back. 

Harmless as in the ganja he was carrying was harmless. It was obviously for his own consumption. He's not a pusher. Not harmless as far as the consequence to his life.

Look, if you want to be a hard ass about this, up to you. Indonesia approves.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, garyk said:

Just like the US used to be not so long ago.. Lives ruined for no reason.

Yep and the irony of a former U.S. president who spent a good part of his youth in Indonesia who later grew up to be a notorious teenage pothead in Hawaii. He was lucky to not be busted in Hawaii as if he was we wouldn't know his name. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Harmless as in the ganja he was carrying was harmless. It was obviously for his own consumption. He's not a pusher. Not harmless as far as the consequence to his life.

Look, if you want to be a hard ass about this, up to you. Indonesia approves.

hard ass ? is it a crime to bring cannabis into indonesia ? 

so if i bring a small amount of yayo into thailand is cool right ? is only for my own consumption ??

hahaha pusher. 

13 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Ganja is a beneficial herb. Thailand gets that now. Indonesia still living in the dark ages.

you realize i am one of the biggest supporters of cannabis out there ? 

1 hour ago, Thechook said:

She is a celebrity in Australia 

that's only because of the way the media portrayed her image on the TV, they continually broadcast stories about her incarceration and the prison life in Indonesia .... she obviously sold her story to make money and then the book,  what next? a movie .....   she's nothing more than a criminal in many folks eyes ... it's the gullible one's that think she's special,  she's no celebrity that's for sure.

• Like 1

Can only imagine how panicked this guy is, but how stupid do you have be at 25 to take weed to Bali (and he also went through Malaysia to get there)

For all those saying Indonesia law is wrong, what country does allow you to carry weed on a flight in?

Edited by aussiexpat

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

The "Oops, sorry, my bad" defence doesn't work here.

42 minutes ago, pomchop said:
48 minutes ago, Stargeezr said:

Bali bad, is Singapore or Malaysia worse? Just don't do drugs.

Or if you do just don't visit places still living in the middle ages.

But...but... I'm reading every day on this forum that "living in the middle ages" is precisely what's wrong with Thailand.

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Good sarcasm.

But it might not be a bad idea for Thailand to put up big warning signs at the airport and offering donation bins to "recycle" the goods.

It is likely there are warnings on arrival in Indonesia..... although I wonder if they have places to dump contraband. 

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Yep and the irony of a former U.S. president who spent a good part of his youth in Indonesia who later grew up to be a notorious teenage pothead in Hawaii. He was lucky to not be busted in Hawaii as if he was we wouldn't know his name. 

Must be the Punahou clan