Leading Thai doctors calling for mask mandate to be reinstated

snoop1130

to me,  remembering that almost all aspects of the whole C19 issue carrie’s with it a large political aspect, I don’t think the government can really “afford” to go back and mandate masks again.

To me, doing so, plays right into the oppositions narrative that the government isn’t in control, can’t control it or otherwise — true or not… it plays right into that narrative.

So, i think that for the government to effectively backtrack so soon, is both a loss-of-face but also hands the governments opponents a solid talking point.

What I do think the government can do, is to exert so-called soft-power and play to the nationalistic aspect… just from my view only, the mask wearing rate remains quite high even though it’s not mandatory outside any longer.. so i don’t think it’s too much of a stretch for the government to play the “keep thailand safe” type of card as opposed to formally backtracking to a hard mandate.   

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

1656986158236-630x420.jpg

Several leading Thai doctors and medical associations

I see (from left to right) some sort of official guy, a university freshman, a badminton bronze medal winner, a retired muay thai guy and a love-king-on-mondays person.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1