Leading Thai doctors calling for mask mandate to be reinstated

snoop1130

2 hours ago, Letseng said:

Wise decision  I think.

Mask on, mask off, mask on again we better get use to it. Soon Australia will be mask on again as covid is spreading once more at a high rate. Maybe we should ask the Chinese what they put in their formula as it's never ending?

• Like 1

I just follow the rules,  want me to wear mask I wear mask! 

I was bother when they said wear one during sex so I tried it. It was like Halloween made the event more exciting????

Then mask became cheap like online buying I got addicted I started to buy out of habit colors,  logos,  so many,  to make sure I had mask everywhere glove box,  steering wheel,  bike,  I wear one throw it away no garbage can I just toss it on the road hoping due to crushing economy some poor sole can use it. 

One night I went out felt what I though was my fat wallet back pocket when they lifted the restrictions on night clubs. I went out to celebrate order drinks,  rang the bell,  celebrated like a drunker sailor when time to leave reach to my back pocket it was a backup bag of mask! 

Not a good ending?????

14 hours ago, 86Tiger said:

The entire world is over this.

But not LOS.

Maybe in your world.

It would be “sensible” for hospitals to reintroduce mandatory mask-wearing, the chair of the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation has said, as several trusts in England and Wales announced the move.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jul/05/covid-surge-jcvi-chief-andrew-pollard-mandatory-masks-hospital-call

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Catoni said:

I don’t wear my Obedience Face Diaper anymore. And love seeing others not wearing theirs also.  I’m fully vaccinated, double boosted, had Covid and it was like a bad cold. (Two positive tests) 

No more O.F.D. for me.  I’m finished with those things. 

Gotta love folks like you who make it so much easier to laugh at your type of post. It's not a face diaper, it's a mask.  But if you think it's a diaper then Mammy Pokos to you my friend.

Edited by ThailandRyan

Saw a westerner speeding along the other day on his scooter - mask on helmet off..got his priorities right..moron.

I'd say almost impossible is the statistical reality of catching covid on a scooter...but all the lemmings still wearing them in that scenario after the mandate was removed....only reason I wore it prior to then in that scenario was to avoid a penalty perhaps at helmet/license checkpoints.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, freedomnow said:

Saw a westerner speeding along the other day on his scooter - mask on helmet off..got his priorities right..moron.

I'd say almost impossible is the statistical reality of catching covid on a scooter...but all the lemmings still wearing them in that scenario after the mandate was removed....only reason I wore it prior to then in that scenario was to avoid a penalty perhaps at helmet/license checkpoints.

Wearing the mask for air issues is the better answer for you. So the rider doesn't suck down the noxious car fumes. It is why I am finally moving out of Bangkok...

Since the mask mandate has ended, I've hardly ever seen any Thais unmasked in public anyway (in Bangkok, might be different elsewhere).

Foreign tourists are a different story, but they didn't seem to care even before. 

So, what difference would this really make?

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Snig27 said:

You have to wonder where exactly these halfwits bought their "medical degrees". The bug does not transfer in the outside air. These are no doubt the same idiots who had Thailand disinfecting beaches, forests, streams and roads. 

As far as I am concerned some maskless fool coughing and sneezing on me poses a risk. It certainly does transfer in the air and you appear very lacking in knowledge. Best you do not make such comments. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Since the mask mandate has ended, I've hardly ever seen any Thais unmasked in public anyway (in Bangkok, might be different elsewhere).

Foreign tourists are a different story, but they didn't seem to care even before. 

So, what difference would this really make?

The mask mandate ended only to try attract foreign tourists back here. It's only the main tourist areas that you also see Thais without masks, tbh.

Thais are still getting their info and news from masked newsreaders, masked cartoon characters on Line app, Mor Phrom, etc.

In the workplace, a lot of factory workers, contractors, etc still have to ATK-check every 3 days. If they come up positive, they will have to isolate (and lose money) for 10 days, pending negative results. So it's also the fear of losing earnings..

Mandated or not, the mask-wearing will be here in Thailand for a long time.

2 minutes ago, dogfish180 said:

Also won't stop at a piece of flimsy cloth either! ????

Nor with 2 vaccinations and 3 or 4 boosters. 

Since I can't depend on those a mask may be the only option left....