Leading Thai doctors calling for mask mandate to be reinstated

snoop1130

11 hours ago, Catoni said:

This is a FACT:  Covid-19 has become the most politicized disease in history !

I totally agree and the sooner the "mouth and nose covering moisture dispersant material" (A.K.A. mask) insistant wearing evangelicists accept it the better for the rest of free smilling and breating world!

:partytime2:

2 hours ago, pixelaoffy said:

Live with it like any other virus. Control freaks go and live in China where they think they can eliminate the virus.

Just came from Central Rama 9. New signs for wearing masks inside, social distancing and temperature checks are back in place. Everyone I saw including foreigners were wearing them. Same on the MRT.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Just came from Central Rama 9. New signs for wearing masks inside, social distancing and temperature checks are back in place. Everyone I saw including foreigners were wearing them. Same on the MRT.

You must be so happy!

Enjoy your (old) restrictions!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DezLez said:

You must be so happy!

Enjoy your (old) restrictions!

Why would I be happy. Your confused once again.  It's common sense really with what the doctors have been saying, the Omicron cases slowly growing and it being the middle of a 5 day weekend with crowds. Surely it will disappear again in a few weeks and you can continue on berating mask wearers.

• Confused 1

An offensive post has been removed.

A post in which the quoted content had been altered has been removed:

28. You will not make changes to messages quoted from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. Do not shorten any post in a way that alters the context of the original post. Do not change the formatting of the post you are quoting.

19 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

the Omicron cases slowly growing and it being the middle of a 5 day weekend

As we are in the middle of the 5 day holiday no person can know what the "results" are until the various clinical/medical timescales have passed!

12 hours ago, DezLez said:

I totally agree and the sooner the "mouth and nose covering moisture dispersant material" (A.K.A. mask) insistant wearing evangelicists accept it the better for the rest of free smilling and breating world!

You do keep  spouting forth.... seriously, wearing a mask now and again is not the great oppression in life. Your frequent typos suggest a ranting. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, DezLez said:

I would love to know why the anti-maskers insist on using ridiculous childish names for masks - it makes their arguments seem very ranty / childish.

"mouth and nose covering moisture dispersant material"
"face nappy"
"face muzzle"
"face condom"

If you want to debate the virtue of masks just call them masks and have a proper conversation.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

I would love to know why the anti-maskers insist on using ridiculous childish names for masks - it makes their arguments seem very ranty / childish.

"face nappy"
"face muzzle"
"face condom"

If you want to debate the virtue of masks just call them masks and have a proper conversation.

Agree.. just need to say" masks don't stop Covid spread" and  "you will never defeat a covid virus or any cold virus".     

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

If you want to debate the virtue of masks just call them masks

What is in a name? 

Are you so brainwashed that you cannot use, or allow others to use, other words to describe the stupid rags/visors/screens/or whatever you want to call them?

Why should I call those abominations by your word?

I will call  unwanted face and nose covering dusters any name I want. Especially if my description indicates what they actually are/do or do not do!

It makes no difference to anyone what you call them as they are still a PITA!  (or in this case a Pain over the face)

Edited by DezLez

2 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

If you want to debate the virtue of masks

There was me thinking the good doctors quoted in OP were discussing the medical efficacy of masks and not the moral virtue of them!

Which is your real reason for clogging up your mouth and nose and telling the rest of us that we must do so - is it medical or moral?

6 minutes ago, DezLez said:

There was me thinking the good doctors quoted in OP were discussing the medical efficacy of masks and not the moral virtue of them!

Which is your real reason for clogging up your mouth and nose and telling the rest of us that we must do so - is it medical or moral?

They were, the doctors were focused on masks being medically efficacious. The immoral part is people's refusal to take the welfare of others into account based on that medical data and recommendation.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

the welfare of others into account based on that medical data

What medical data says thay me wearing some cr&p over my mouth and nose is helping the welfare of others?

I am still waiting, which will be for some time, for the "definitive study" that says that the cheap surgical cr&p you all like to wear does any good or in fact maybe does harm.

Go and wear your virtue signalling nose and mouth flag if you wish but please let us all get on with our own lives, with or without facial blockages, and without being preached at by "holier than thou" virtue spreaders!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DezLez said:

What medical data says thay me wearing some cr&p over my mouth and nose is helping the welfare of others?

I am still waiting, which will be for some time, for the "definitive study" that says that the cheap surgical cr&p you all like to wear does any good or in fact maybe does harm.

Go and wear your virtue signalling nose and mouth flag if you wish but please let us all get on with our own lives, with or without facial blockages, and without being preached at by "holier than thou" virtue spreaders!

The mask is a flag now, that's novel..............????

As you're waiting for YOUR definitive answer about masks, that means you don't know if masks help or not, yet you continually slag off those here who do not want to take a chance with their or others health, if the case is you find out masks do make a difference, you will look a bit of a chump..........????...........????

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

you continually slag off those here who do not want to take a chance with their or others health

I have never "slagged off" people who wish to wear some sh!t covering on their face!

I am against those who keep trying to ram down my throat I must wear one. 

That is one hell of a difference. 

Wear whatever you want, I just ask you stop "slagging off" people like myself who CHOOSE not to to follow your herd!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DezLez said:

I have never "slagged off" people who wish to wear some sh!t covering on their face!

I am against those who keep trying to ram down my throat I must wear one. 

That is one hell of a difference. 

Wear whatever you want, I just ask you stop "slagging off" people like myself who CHOOSE not to to follow your herd!

But you deserve to be slagged off if you are endangering others by your attitude...????

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, DezLez said:

And neither do you know for definite if they help or hinder!

Hinder.................????

There is a long list of folk who in their daily working life wear a mask, actually, I did for many years, that are all still alive and well... ????

So what do you fear....? 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

"face nappy"
"face muzzle"
"face condom"

You forgot "face diaper". ????

44 minutes ago, transam said:

But you deserve to be slagged off if you are endangering others by your attitude...????

Stupid and meaningless comment!

How can an "attitude" endanger someone, especially, on an open forum?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, transam said:

There is a long list of folk who in their daily working life wear a mask, actually, I did for many years, that are all still alive and well... ????

So what do you fear....? 

As I suppose you are talking pre/non COVID  situations/reasons your comment is not germane!

Edited by DezLez
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, transam said:

So what do you fear....? 

He fears he is being oppressed by being told people are wearing masks.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Yes, infantile pecking that they like to do.....

Have to do something to perk up their soapbox posts about something that is really quite minor and trivial.... and now a matter of choice. 

On 7/17/2022 at 6:50 AM, jacko45k said:

Have to do something to perk up their soapbox posts about something that is really quite minor and trivial.... and now a matter of choice. 

Exactly my point. 

Your comment applies to both sides of the discussion!

So why do you keep harping on and on about the subject?  

Let it drop please and let everyone breath freely and do as they please without your pulpit bashing personal opinion sermons! 

12 hours ago, DezLez said:

Exactly my point. 

Your comment applies to both sides of the discussion!

So why do you keep harping on and on about the subject?  

Let it drop please and let everyone breath freely and do as they please without your pulpit bashing personal opinion sermons! 

Generally I only comment in reply, so people like yourself are doing the same thing. Let Thailand make up it's own mind, it does not need to be lectured to with some superior attitude.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Thanks 2