Leading Thai doctors calling for mask mandate to be reinstated

snoop1130

Another flip-flop from Thailand again.

What next? Close the borders and reinstate Thailand Pass?

Come on, we have to live with the virus, this can't go on for another 10 years.

1 minute ago, James105 said:

How did you eat dinner with your mask on?   Granted, I may not be a medical expert but a typical face mask has holes in it large enough for the virus to get through very easily, but are 100% effective at preventing eating/drinking.   Every one I have tried has been extremely effective at preventing even the smallest morsel of food from getting through though so it would have been required for you to remove the mask whilst eating.  

If his son was really in such danger who is being selfish here?    The father for wanting to eat in a restaurant despite the risks to his son or you for joining him?    Is your "freedumb" to eat in a restaurant so important to you that you willingly put someones life at risk?   Meeting friends over zoom calls is proven to be 100% safe from covid - why would you not choose this option when hearing about how much danger his son could be in?    Try thinking of others in future rather than just yourself.   

Great reply ????

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, James105 said:

How did you eat dinner with your mask on?   Granted, I may not be a medical expert but a typical face mask has holes in it large enough for the virus to get through very easily, but are 100% effective at preventing eating/drinking.  

I noticed that Thai eatery owners like to put fans right next to dining table.

Don't they know that the virus gets spread farther if someone sneezes when the fan blows. They don't even know why there is social distancing in the first place.

I did explain to them not to put fans blowing, but they couldn't understand how virus spreads.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, James105 said:

How did you eat dinner with your mask on?   Granted, I may not be a medical expert but a typical face mask has holes in it large enough for the virus to get through very easily,

So do you see the virus as a single capable entity like a wasp, dragonfly or mosquito? And once it makes it's way easily through the chicken wire of a mask, it takes to the wing again?

You have been spouting this nonsense for so long now.... 

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

And still the useless and pathetic organisation known as the  W.H.O. refuse to hold anyone accountable or hold nations responsible for lack of cooperation !

The W.H.O is not an authority.

3 hours ago, wombat said:

No doctors are named in this article.

Gutter journalism written by a hack to perpetuate fear paranoia and suspicion 

What are you banging on about? Did you even read it? Doctors are named including a leading professor and the govt health minister?

Edited by Hamus Yaigh
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Reposed said:

Here come the pro-masking commentators again. Get off your high horses and wear them if you want, but don't push your beliefs on others. Keep ten in your pocket and wear two on your face, and stop being crybabies because others disagree with you.

Your fear mongering is unreal.

That might be fine if the poor delicate souls who do not wish to wear masks did not spout off about how they are of no benefit and ineffectual; and even in some cases detrimental. That is clearly not the case and spouting such lies may even cost lives. That is untenable. 

Problem is, like smoking, it affects others who are innocent. 

Your ignorance is astounding......

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

Now we have no mandate, and yet most people still wear the mask (I'd say over 90% in CM). To reinstate the mandate would have no tangible effect. Either the prominent doctors want their moment in the news, or someone wants excuses to continue a state of emergency which has no justification.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Nor does anyone believe face masks are 100% effective  at preventing Covid transmission so another foolish point from you! Perhaps like bullet proof vests, but I likely would still consider one in some situations. 

If I was going to meet the father of a child who was in such terrible danger they would die if they caught covid then a 100% effective mask would be the bare minimum I would feel comfortable in using before meeting him.   Anything less I would consider to be selfish.   

Edited by James105

1 minute ago, arithai12 said:

Now we have no mandate, and yet most people still wear the mask (I'd say over 90% in CM). To reinstate the mandate would have no tangible effect. Either the prominent doctors want their moment in the news, or someone wants excuses to continue a state of emergency which has no justification.

No, it is to pull the "tools" into line who never wear s mask, you know, the ones that end up in hospital or worse......????

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, James105 said:

If I was going to meet the father of a child who would is in such terrible danger they would die if they caught covid then a 100% effective mask would be the bare minimum I would feel comfortable in using before meeting him.   Anything less I would consider to be selfish.   

Well you can't so other measures (and behaviors) would be necessary. It should  include mask wearing as a component.

Edited by jacko45k

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

And still the useless and pathetic organisation known as the  W.H.O. refuse to hold anyone accountable or hold nations responsible for lack of cooperation !

The first culprit WHO should point the finger at is themselves, starting with their egregious director general.

6 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Well you can't so other measures (and behaviors) would be necessary. It should  include mask wearing as a component.

Sounds like you are in agreement with me then.   The only 100% safe (from covid) option for that situation would be a zoom call instead of a physical meeting, and attending the restaurant was a selfish act by the original poster who was calling other people selfish.   Glad we finally got that cleared up.   

Edited by James105
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, transam said:

No, it is to pull the "tools" into line who never wear s mask, you know, the ones that end up in hospital or worse......????

Even you cannot believe that everyone who "never wear's a mask" will end up in hospital and therefore by implication that those who do wear a mask will not end up in hospital.

I continue to say it is up to the individuals what they do or do not do in a free society.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DezLez said:

Even you cannot believe that everyone who "never wear's a mask" will end up in hospital and therefore by implication that those who do wear a mask will not end up in hospital.

I continue to say it is up to the individuals what they do or do not do in a free society.  

Who said everyone....?

The wearing of masks is for those in the medical field to advise authorities one way or the other, not for know nothing Joe Bloggs to spout his bar stool thoughts. 

PS. I am not inferring you are Joe Bloggs though....????

• Confused 1

It's up to the Thai people if they want to wear the face mask ???? 

Not Tourists coming on holiday telling them its wrong to 

Their Country their rules 

I will carry on wearing  except when out side on  the walking area  

Plenty of space and fresh air ????

• Like 2