Going from Jomtien to Kho Chang

LOG54

Good morning

Can anyone tell me if it is worth taking the new motorway which is approximately opposite Ocean Marina to go from Jomtien to Kho Chang..how long could trip be, leaving Jomtien early morning

Thank you and have a good day

Now we know what Google says :sleep:

Don't use that toll motorway which is a short part of the nearly 300 km.

5 hours sounds realistic (maybe less).

Of course depending on the ferry times (assuming you want to take your car to the island).

And be aware of the excessive five day long weekend July 13 to 17. Expect hell of traffic and overrun island.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2

yes take motorway will bring you back on to number 3........then go past chanthanburi 

last time i drove take about 5 hrs.....just short of 300 kms from jomtien to chang , well 277!!

your big problem is getting the ferry.......no time table as such

23 hours ago, LOG54 said:

Can anyone tell me if it is worth taking the new motorway which is approximately opposite Ocean Marina to go from Jomtien to Kho Chang..how long could trip be, leaving Jomtien early morning

Thank you and have a good day

Yes I think it is but don't head into Ban Chang follow the duel carriage way towards the Mapta phut Trading estate, then a left back onto highway 3 before the estate,  you'll avoid Ban Chang Centre going that way, Then Rayong, Sundays it's fairly quiet  or num 36 bypass.  I stopped using the 36 as roadworks were ongoing but I've heard now finished. 

• 3 weeks later...