Hi, what is about the housing market in Pattaya?

parafareno

I was planning to buy a hosue instead of condo, but the prices are ridiculous

10 years ago you could get a small house in the village for like 800000 bht....

now nothing under 2 million bht

or am I missing something...did the house prices jump double or even more?

I guess the only thing that is left is to buy a condo

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, parafareno said:

Yes your missing the train, properties and land in Pattaya have been going up and so are condos in prime position as the Chinese and the Indians have discovered Pattaya, still bargain can be found but it will talks a lot of legwork to find them, i'm looking to buy a sea View condo and i have seen some of the silly prices people asking...

• Like 1

I guess the only thing that is left is to buy a condo

Not the house, but the land they are sitting on.  Construction, materials and wages up a bit, but nothing like the 'asking' prices of land.  

Also location location location, village land prices up a bit, but nothing like metro or tourist area prices.

If you don't mind having 'attached' neighbors, why not a townhouse as opposed to a condo ?   More bang for your baht per m², no perks, by no association fees either, or controls.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, parafareno said:

I was planning to buy a hosue instead of condo, but the prices are ridiculous

10 years ago you could get a small house in the village for like 800000 bht....

now nothing under 2 million bht

I had to relocate there during the floods. I saw no houses for that price. There were damn good deals though, 2.5 million for a 3 bed 2 bath place on 90 wah with a small pool. Where in the Pattaya area did you see houses for 800,000? You say villages, and what size house and land?

12 minutes ago, parafareno said:

isnt buying a townhouse in pattaya a suicide, because of the robberies?

House, townhouse, condo ... what would be the difference ?

Living in townhouse now, rental, no worries.  Lived in 2 detached homes, rentals, one next to apartment complex, no worries.   Lived in 2 rural detached houses, no worries.

Moving in next month, a detached house, rural again, no worries.  Haven't had an issue yet.  Non-metro or tourist areas.   

Though still plenty of crime around, petty theft & such.  Not something I'm concerned about, as anything can be replaced.

As long as I'm not home, the thieves are safe ... ????

• Like 2

I suspect there are still a lot of houses on the market, a few round me but bigger places. Probably need to find another agents, they push what they want to sell more than you want to buy!

Have you considered the added complexity of buying a house over a condo? Needing a lease  or shell company.....?

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

I suspect there are still a lot of houses on the market, a few round me but bigger places. Probably need to find another agents, they push what they want to sell more than you want to buy!

Have you considered the added complexity of buying a house over a condo? Needing a lease  or shell company.....?

i know about the company yes....but so many people do it...they were saying the gov will carack down on those people who buy houses 10 years ago...till now nothing happed so I guess it will stay like that for ever....

I've no idea what kind of a house you could buy in Pattaya for 800K Baht, the cheapest 2-bedroom house with no garden where I live in South Pattaya will set you back at least 4 million Baht, while the larger 3-bedroom places with a private pool are likely to cost you between 10 and 15 million. And this is not a very posh village, I can assure you. Even the townhouses in the small village next door (a townhouse = a large staircase with a few small rooms attached) were sold for over 3 million Baht as bare shells. The GF lives in an old shack in Laem Chabang and reckons it would cost her 600K Baht to buy it.

15 minutes ago, Guderian said:

I've no idea what kind of a house you could buy in Pattaya for 800K Baht, the cheapest 2-bedroom house with no garden where I live in South Pattaya will set you back at least 4 million Baht, while the larger 3-bedroom places with a private pool are likely to cost you between 10 and 15 million. And this is not a very posh village, I can assure you. Even the townhouses in the small village next door (a townhouse = a large staircase with a few small rooms attached) were sold for over 3 million Baht as bare shells. The GF lives in an old shack in Laem Chabang and reckons it would cost her 600K Baht to buy it.

10 years ago...the prices for small houses in pattaya dark side were 800k to 1 million....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, parafareno said:

10 years ago...the prices for small houses in pattaya dark side were 800k to 1 million....

12+ years ago when I started looking for a house (having lived in condos for the previous 7 years), I was only interested in living on the Bright Side. I spent a lot of time travelling around seeing different agents and villages, but the cheapest house I saw then that met my needs (which weren't that demanding: 3 bedrooms, a farang kitchen, a reasonably quiet location but not too far from the fun, and access to a swimming pool, though not wanting a private pool) was 4.5 million Baht, and that one was way down in Baan Suan Lalana on Soi Chaiyapruek. I don't think house prices on the Bright Side have gone up much over the last decade, whereas they seem to have shot up in the right parts of the Dark Side. It makes me wish I'd spent the 7 million on a gaff out by Mabprachan rather than here near Thepprasit.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, parafareno said:

Where please? I asked you in a previous post and you did not answer. Size and amenities as well. Where on the dark side?

Edited by marin

7 hours ago, parafareno said:

I sold my 2 bed semi-detached house on the darkside in 2012 for 1.6 million, and I had plenty of takers.

While I don't doubt there will have been houses for 800K as well somewhere, I'm sure I wouldn't have wanted to live in them

• Like 1

Cheapest houses near us now are in the Chok Chais. Probably 1.8 million up. Our Chok Chain is maybe 2-3 million up. Never seen a house in any of the poorest chok chais in the past 8 years less than 1.8 million, so I think your 800,000 might be a little bit fantasy. Either that, or the overgrown granny 'golden years' house in another story on here

21 hours ago, parafareno said:

i know about the company yes....but so many people do it...they were saying the gov will carack down on those people who buy houses 10 years ago...till now nothing happed so I guess it will stay like that for ever....

I am not really concerned solely about them cracking down on this .... just that it puts some other barriers in the way. 

On 7/9/2022 at 7:00 AM, edandpranee said:

I bought my house in Jomtien 16 years ago.  I went through many agents who would only show you  one or two places a day.  I was staying in a hotel,  my thai wife said let's just rent the hotel van and look around ourselves.  We toured many villages on both the Dark side and ocean side.  looking for for sale signs we found many and followed up on quite a few.  We found our house that afternoon we still live in today no agent involved hired a paralegal to protect us while dealing with the owner.  The location is still perfect for us and I would pick the same house again. 

i was doing the same, 10 years ago i found semidetached house in dark side...for 1.5 million, but the neighbour was drunk and they would party every day....so I was afraid to buy it....because it was detached on one side only....but that was a good price I think...I could sell it now for 2.5 probably

21 hours ago, marin said:

Where please? I asked you in a previous post and you did not answer. Size and amenities as well. Where on the dark side?

it is hard to remember, it was near the big fruit and veggie market..on dark side....chockchoi village? They were around 800 to 1 million if I remember.... one I almost bought on dark side...but it was not in the gated community and I was super scared of break ins...cause it was happening all the time....

but almost bought the 1 story for 1.5 million in some village....but i dont remember anymore, it was on dark side

• Like 1

21 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Cheapest houses near us now are in the Chok Chais. Probably 1.8 million up. Our Chok Chain is maybe 2-3 million up. Never seen a house in any of the poorest chok chais in the past 8 years less than 1.8 million, so I think your 800,000 might be a little bit fantasy. Either that, or the overgrown granny 'golden years' house in another story on here

look i almost bought 1.5 million semidetached 9 years ago in gated village, dark side.....but no agents...some village woman showed me when I was asking around....but she was not happy just showing it...she wanted a cut...damn.....so the non detached house were around 1 million...i dont remember exactly.....800 or 1 million......non detached....

21 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

how many break ins did you have in last 10 years?

5 hours ago, parafareno said:

how many break ins did you have in last 10 years?

None. It's kind of hard to break into any of our past houses as the windows are barred and the doors padlocked. We also befriend all neighbours that look out for anything too, so theft is a non issue. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, parafareno said:

what? you mean what happens after leasing of the land is over?

If you want to sell you have to hope the buyer will buy the company off you..... then easy days. If not, it gets a bit messier. There are the accounts to do each year too. You have 2 Thai shareholders you have to find. 

Leasing must involve an 'owner'.....

• Thanks 2