Hi, what is about the housing market in Pattaya?

parafareno

5 minutes ago, MadMuhammad said:

It was initially listed @ 7, came down to 6 then we negotiated for 5. it sat for 12 months after the build and we bought in 2020 so I’d say coronavirus played a part. 

We vendor financed. 3mil baht deposit with 1mil over 3 years @ 2% with a 1mil balloon at the end. The vendor came to us inside a year asking for the balloon payment early as they needed money to plow into their plastic factory, I negotiated a further 300000฿ discount.

I paid the final amount owing last month, a year early. Worked well for us. 

I understand people’s reservations with purchasing in their wife’s name but it comes down to a case by case basis.
My wife comes from a genuinely good family, no children & University educated. I married her when She was 25 years old and paid no sin sod. Intellectually we are on a similar level and we share the same outlook on life and the future, and she puts me first. Before herself, before mum & dad, before friends. 
She’s hands down the best woman I’ve ever met in any country. 4 years together now and I’ve never been happier

I know a guy that just moved to Pratumnak from Canada he talked to a girl online for over one year, never met her but sent her money and they bought a 3 million b condo in her name.  They are living together now.

So yes, good advise to buy a house or condo in Thai wife's or gf name, it seems to work out for the best.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I know a guy that just moved to Pratumnak from Canada he talked to a girl online for over one year, never met her but sent her money and they bought a 3 million b condo in her name.  They are living together now.

So yes, good advise to buy a house or condo in Thai wife's or gf name, it seems to work out for the best.

My personal experience is certainly not financial advice ???? 

1 hour ago, MadMuhammad said:

It was initially listed @ 7, came down to 6 then we negotiated for 5. it sat for 12 months after the build and we bought in 2020 so I’d say coronavirus played a part. 

We vendor financed. 3mil baht deposit with 1mil over 3 years @ 2% with a 1mil balloon at the end. The vendor came to us inside a year asking for the balloon payment early as they needed money to plow into their plastic factory, I negotiated a further 300000฿ discount.

I paid the final amount owing last month, a year early. Worked well for us. 

I understand people’s reservations with purchasing in their wife’s name but it comes down to a case by case basis.
My wife comes from a genuinely good family, no children & University educated. I married her when She was 25 years old and paid no sin sod. Intellectually we are on a similar level and we share the same outlook on life and the future, and she puts me first. Before herself, before mum & dad, before friends. 
She’s hands down the best woman I’ve ever met in any country. 4 years together now and I’ve never been happier 

My Thai wife came from a fairly wealthy family.  I met her in my country when she was in graduate school.  Her family, Mom & Dad, gave us a house.  We also bought some other houses in her name over the years.  After she passed away from cancer the houses were all put in our luk krung children's names as they have Thai citizenship.  We rent them out and have a relative staying in one, on a very inexpensive lease, as neither of the children who are grown up live in Thailand.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hanuman2547 said:

My Thai wife came from a fairly wealthy family.  I met her in my country when she was in graduate school.  Her family, Mom & Dad, gave us a house.  We also bought some other houses in her name over the years.  After she passed away from cancer the houses were all put in our luk krung children's names as they have Thai citizenship.  We rent them out and have a relative staying in one, on a very inexpensive lease, as neither of the children who are grown up live in Thailand.  

Sad to hear of your loss and thanks for sharing, great to hear another story of some positivity regarding thai property and marriage 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MadMuhammad said:

Funny, my wife is near opposite of yours, poor family... and yet same results. I put everything in her name that I do in Thailand and have bought farmland in her name to help the family. I have enough for me in my own name and it gives her security in her name - - I consider it a gift as I have no interest in having it back. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Rdimbus said:

I know someone who recently bought a condo in Baan Suan Lalana, paid 1 mil ThB.  And there were lots more units for sale....lots more.   Buying a condo is easy, selling one no so easy. Especially if you want to break even.  This is a renter's market.   

Rents are certainly cheap and many prefer to rent rather than own here.  For some it can be the best option.  But, there are also some who like to own their own space, to do with it what they will, to have their own furnishings, to not have a landlord, etc.   Count me in that camp; I've always hated when I rented.  I love owning and making changes and improvements.   I would buy even with the possibility of perhaps losing some money.  Life is short.

Your friend has put a roof over his head that he owns for less that $29,000.  Not bad.  I think it's unlikely it will appreciate much in value.  But, it's also unlikely to lose much in value, either.   I think condos in that project have been going for around 1MB for a number of years.   Sort of like VT1 and VT2--not a lot of appreciation or depreciation.   For many of the condos here that's not a bad outcome.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2022 at 3:14 PM, giddyup said:

Depends on what area you want to live. There are some older villages on the Dark Side that might have what you're looking for, but be expected to do a lot of fixing up. If you want to live in a village in the country 800K would easily buy or build a house.

I bought a detached split level house on red chanote 3 minutes from a gorgeous East coast beach January 2021 for 270K.  Vendor paid all taxes and transfer costs.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2022 at 10:50 PM, peterfranks said:

Were that 270K US$?

270K Thai Baht.  Title is in my long term GFs name and I have a life usufruct in my name stamped on the back.  Did the usufruct myself at the land office.  Total cost was 75baht pluse 2 or 3 baht for photocopies.

On 7/14/2022 at 10:33 AM, bkk6060 said:

He had never met the girl but bought her a 3 million condo !! Wow fairly risky thing to do.

On 7/14/2022 at 9:09 AM, parafareno said:

did they lower the cost because of corona? i am afraid to buy something in wifes name....

Thats so sad that you are afraid to buy in the wifes name ,our house is in Banglamung on the dark side ,in my wife and sons name ,i trust them with everything including my life .

by the way the bank valued our house at 4.7 we got it for 3.5 million ,but had rented for many years ,one in the next street to us is on the market at 6.5 million. by the way its a very good location .

• Haha 1

On 7/16/2022 at 4:12 PM, ivor bigun said:

Thats so sad that you are afraid to buy in the wifes name ,our house is in Banglamung on the dark side ,in my wife and sons name ,i trust them with everything including my life .

by the way the bank valued our house at 4.7 we got it for 3.5 million ,but had rented for many years ,one in the next street to us is on the market at 6.5 million. by the way its a very good location .

I agree there should be a degree of trust in marraige, but, and there is always a a 'but' sometimes it's not the wife's fault, they can be manipulated by family, especially older children, some fall into gambling w/o the spouces knowledge, loan sharks etc etc etc. - and there are plenty of unscrupulous lawyers around.   I had a long term non-sexual association (5-6 years) with a Massage lady, very legitimate traditional Thai Masseuse, I loaned her 500,000 baht to purchase a home for herself in Bang Saray..........there was no hesitation on my part, as I trusted her.  She still worked in Na Klua and eventually paid me about 50% of the loan, I forgave the rest as a Song Krahn gift.  I visited her a few times at her home in Bang Saray, very nice little 3 bedroom cottage...........not far from the Sea  -  had I been smarter, I would have invested in real estate there 'way back when'.  Think I'll pay her a visit when I get back..................Peace

Watching the YouTube videos of guys looking for condos in Pattaya/Jomtien since the country reopened just confirms my view that the new developments in town are ridiculously expensive for a city with such poor general infrastructure. A 35 sqm shoebox for around $100,000, I'd imagine the annual maintenance fee is priced accordingly. There has been a few showing the glitziest place in Jomtien, and I'd swear if you were 6ft tall and sat on the sofa your feet wouldn't be far away from the TV screen. 

I'm surprised that people see these places as either good homes or a decent investment.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, parafareno said:

nirun is the dump of pattaya

15 hours ago, Henryford said:

You know you are on skid row if you move to Nirun. Who works all their life to end up there?

Actually, it's much nicer then local Thai housing in many cases.

Just walk around and you see what that's like. Cement cinderblock small rooms, no ventiliation, balcony or views, sometimes no windows. It tends to be hidden from view.

The next step up is a tiny room in a newer apartment block with tile floors but no private balcony and only a tiny window in the front, sometimes you get a ledge in back for the a/c and to hang clothes.

You need to get off walking street though, walk down some back soi's or local areas, then live there for a week and learn to stop complaining about things. ????‍♂️

Edited by JimTripper

7 hours ago, JimTripper said:

You need to get off walking street though, walk down some back soi's or local areas, then live there for a week and learn to stop complaining about things

Or perhaps move a little out of town or into a decent condo block and start living like a free human being, rather than a convict?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/26/2022 at 11:53 AM, kinyara said:

Watching the YouTube videos of guys looking for condos in Pattaya/Jomtien since the country reopened just confirms my view that the new developments in town are ridiculously expensive for a city with such poor general infrastructure. A 35 sqm shoebox for around $100,000, I'd imagine the annual maintenance fee is priced accordingly. There has been a few showing the glitziest place in Jomtien, and I'd swear if you were 6ft tall and sat on the sofa your feet wouldn't be far away from the TV screen. 

I'm surprised that people see these places as either good homes or a decent investment.

You watch you tube not reality

rather than buy those run down miserable looking places like Nirun, Karot, Pattaya Plaza, Pattaya Pad and others spend a few hundred thousand baht more and get a much better place that doesn't look run down. One problem with cheap places is you can't polish a turd no matter how much you spend on it

49 minutes ago, freedomnow said:

45 SQ M is where I keep the dogs....can run in circles when the fancy takes them.

A condo with a Seaview, excellent swimming pool in Pratumnak for one million is a bargain- and though not suitable  for dog owners like you. There are larger condos at concomitantly decent prices but non that allow dogs so you comment is academic unless there  is a subtext to your comment

• Like 1