Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ASEAN NOW

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LTR Visa is Now available for Long Term Residency

Featured Replies

On 8/21/2026 at 9:56 AM, Presnock said:

I agree though I am not impacted whatsoever as my income is totally exempt from Thai taxes IAW the DTA between the US and Thailand but in any case the LTR is a great one for me anyway!

I normally just remit my US social security which is tax exempt as per DTA, but in 2025 I remitted about 8.0 MM baht, so the LTR visa saved me a lot of money.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 5.5k
  • Views 686.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • jensmann
    jensmann

    If I have a million dollar back home, I wouldn't be here. Simple...

  • Thingamabob
    Thingamabob

    As a retiree I am happy to maintain 800k in the bank, and pay 1900 baht once a year for a retirement extension. Why would I want to pay more ?

  • The new visa initiatives (for instance Non O-X 10-year retirement, Investment visa, multiple entry tourist visa) are almost invariably attractive when first announced, and usually much less so when cl

Posted Images

Heads up....LTR system updated 1 Sep 2026....new login procedure and account look....see below. I did the switch/update this morning.

I first saw the news on the LTR Facebook page and there is also a notification in a person's updated LTR online acct (see below).

From BOI LTR Facebook page

image.png

Message within a person's LTR online account.

image.png

2 hours ago, Pib said:

Heads up....LTR system updated 1 Sep 2026....new login procedure and account look....see below. I did the switch/update this morning.

I first saw the news on the LTR Facebook page and there is also a notification in a person's updated LTR online acct (see below).

From BOI LTR Facebook page

image.png

Message within a person's LTR online account.

image.png

After reading your post, I signed in to the new interface. My member page had a "Follow-Up Required" box stating "Your scheduled appointment was not successfully finalized. Please check the required actions listed below to proceed." They wanted me to resubmit scans of the following documents:

--My LTR VISA Stamp showing the Visa Number

--My Stay-Permit Stamp

--My Most Recent One-Year Report receipt

--My 50,000 baht payment receipt

I submitted the requested scans. It is odd that they no longer have this information in my file. I have been on the LTR visa since February 2023.

  • Popular Post

Yea...I had a similar notice (below) saying my appointment for issue of my LTR visa was not successfully finalized....and there are some docs they want uploaded similar to what they asked of you. But I did meet my appointment back in Dec 2022 and my 10 year LTR visa was stamped into my passport at BOI immigration in Bangkok

I'm ignoring the notice for now....I figure it's a glitch in their "upgraded/updated" system.

image.png

11 minutes ago, pablo el sueco said:

I submitted the requested scans. It is odd that they no longer have this information in my file. I have been on the LTR visa since February 2023.

What happened after you submitted the scans....did the notice go away...did some new status appear, etc?

I submitted mine except for the receipt which I no longer kept. Notification was not cleared . Perhaps it will after their review / acknowledgment.

6 minutes ago, Pib said:

What happened after you submitted the scans....did the notice go away...did some new status appear, etc?

The notice did not go away, but the box now looks like this --

Screenshot from 2026-09-01 18-12-59.png

I just sent an email to BOI LTR asking if this is a glitch in their upgraded system and do I really need to submit requested docs since I did complete the appt, LTR visa stamped into passport, etc., almost 4 years ago.

Others with such a notice might want to do the same....see what BOI LTR folks respond with.

44 minutes ago, Pib said:

I just sent an email to BOI LTR asking if this is a glitch in their upgraded system and do I really need to submit requested docs since I did complete the appt, LTR visa stamped into passport, etc., almost 4 years ago.

Others with such a notice might want to do the same....see what BOI LTR folks respond with.

I just uploaded the 4 requested docs of LTR Visa Stamp, Permitted to Stay Stamp, 1 Year Address Report, and visa Payment receipt.

Immediately upon submitting/saving the docs I got below pop-up message saying the upload/saving went successfully..... and the notice I talked about in my earlier post changed from saying "Upload Your Stay Permit Stamp" to "View Uploaded Stamp."

I'll kick-back now and see what type of response I get to my email and also the uploads. My gut begin telling me any BOI LTR email response will probably say I need to submit the docs as part of their new-and-improved online account system....so, I just uploaded the 4 docs.

Pop-up Message saying success

image.png

image.png

Same as here, to “view uploaded stamp” after submission.

With the new update , Do you always enter an otp whenever you log in .

12 minutes ago, Alotoftravel said:

Same as here, to “view uploaded stamp” after submission.

With the new update , Do you always enter an otp whenever you log in .

Yeap...apparently so....they implemented 2FA.

15 hours ago, Pib said:

I just sent an email to BOI LTR asking if this is a glitch in their upgraded system and do I really need to submit requested docs since I did complete the appt, LTR visa stamped into passport, etc., almost 4 years ago.

Others with such a notice might want to do the same....see what BOI LTR folks respond with.

And below is the LTR answer I got today basically saying Yes, I do need to provide a document. Specifically a scan of the Permitted to Stay doc. It's needed to update their system.

Apparently it's not four docs (one of which is the Permitted to Stay doc) as implied when a person clicks on the icon in the online acct notice to submit docs. As mentioned last night in another post I submitted the Permitted to Stay doc along with three others doc I thought their system also wanted based on how the system displayed...apparently gave them more than they really needed based on below response.

I'm guessing "many" LTR recipients have the same notice (i.e., need copy of Permitted to Stay stamp) waiting for them once they switch over to the new LTR online account.

As of this morning, my online acct shows no update/response to the submitted docs but that could take several days.

BOI LTR answer

image.png

1 hour ago, Pib said:

And below is the LTR answer I got today basically saying Yes, I do need to provide a document. Specifically a scan of the Permitted to Stay doc. It's needed to update their system.

Apparently it's not four docs (one of which is the Permitted to Stay doc) as implied when a person clicks on the icon in the online acct notice to submit docs. As mentioned last night in another post I submitted the Permitted to Stay doc along with three others doc I thought their system also wanted based on how the system displayed...apparently gave them more than they really needed based on below response.

I'm guessing "many" LTR recipients have the same notice (i.e., need copy of Permitted to Stay stamp) waiting for them once they switch over to the new LTR online account.

As of this morning, my online acct shows no update/response to the submitted docs but that could take several days.

BOI LTR answer

image.png

Who is likely to retroactively check and submit docs after having the visa already. Not many is my guess.

1 minute ago, gravity101 said:

Who is likely to retroactively check and submit docs after having the visa already. Not many is my guess.

I would agree a lot of people probably don't log into their LTR online acct after the visa is issued and will not be aware of a notice that may be waiting for them the next time they try to log into their LTR online acct.

After I got my LTR Visa in late 2022 I would logon to my account a several times per year for a minute or so just to confirm I could still logon since I knew come 2027 I would be using my online acct again to get the 2nd 5 year increment of the 10 year LTR visa.

But yesterday when I was using Facebook to look at some information completed unrelated to the LTR visa, Thailand, etc., I saw the LTR system upgrade notice on the BOI LTR Facebook page since Facebook automatically shows you things you might be following, interested in, etc., currently or before. So seeing this notice on Facebook I went to sign into my LTR online acct and was presented with needing to switch to the upgrade system where you get new login credentials and once logged in things have indeed changed in how the online account looks and operates. That's when I saw the Follow-up documentation request driven by the system upgrade.

I figure anyone wanting to get the 2nd 5 year increment on their current 10 year LTR visa will need to provide the Follow-up document "before" they will be able to request the 2nd 5 year extension. It's kinda like give them what they request "now"....if you don't provide it now you will just have to provide it later/before being able to extend the LTR visa.

Edited by Pib

  • Popular Post
3 hours ago, Pib said:

I would agree a lot of people probably don't log into their LTR online acct after the visa is issued and will not be aware of a notice that may be waiting for them the next time they try to log into their LTR online acct.

After I got my LTR Visa in late 2022 I would logon to my account a several times per year for a minute or so just to confirm I could still logon since I knew come 2027 I would be using my online acct again to get the 2nd 5 year increment of the 10 year LTR visa.

But yesterday when I was using Facebook to look at some information completed unrelated to the LTR visa, Thailand, etc., I saw the LTR system upgrade notice on the BOI LTR Facebook page since Facebook automatically shows you things you might be following, interested in, etc., currently or before. So seeing this notice on Facebook I went to sign into my LTR online acct and was presented with needing to switch to the upgrade system where you get new login credentials and once logged in things have indeed changed in how the online account looks and operates. That's when I saw the Follow-up documentation request driven by the system upgrade.

I figure anyone wanting to get the 2nd 5 year increment on their current 10 year LTR visa will need to provide the Follow-up document "before" they will be able to request the 2nd 5 year extension. It's kinda like give them what they request "now"....if you don't provide it now you will just have to provide it later/before being able to extend the LTR visa.

Yeah it just seems weird they'd ask ask via this method. Not even an email? I assume many dont even have a login/account and the things they seem to want they should know anyway.

45 minutes ago, gravity101 said:

Yeah it just seems weird they'd ask ask via this method. Not even an email? I assume many dont even have a login/account and the things they seem to want they should know anyway.

Every LTR visa applicant/holder has an online account because an online acct is needed to apply for an LTR visa regardless of applying within or outside of Thailand.

On 8/1/2026 at 1:19 AM, SamSpade said:

Income Tax?

Am curious as to which country you are from, I'm from the UK but struggling to get an "NT" Tax code as I need a Tax Certificate showing I've paid Tax in Thailand but as I have never had to pay Tax in Thailand I can't get one!

Is it the bank or the taxman demanding a Tax Residency Certificate? Many EU countries, like Germany, don't demand anything once you've left the country and don't reside in the country anymore. As to banks, they only want a Thai TIN, which is easy to get even if you don't pay taxes in Thailand.

Getting a Tax Residency Certificate is difficult for LTR pensioners as you need to pay at least some income tax in Thailand to get one.

1 hour ago, Pib said:

Every LTR visa applicant/holder has an online account because an online acct is needed to apply for an LTR visa regardless of applying within or outside of Thailand.

Many of us had agents do it. We never interacted with the BOI during the application process. Ergo no logins.

35 minutes ago, gravity101 said:

Many of us had agents do it. We never interacted with the BOI during the application process. Ergo no logins.

That's interesting. Which one of the BOI certified (i.e., BOI blessed) agents did you use? Certified list from BOI LTR website below.

image.png

1 hour ago, Pib said:

That's interesting. Which one of the BOI certified (i.e., BOI blessed) agents did you use? Certified list from BOI LTR website below.

image.png

Me personally. Siam Legal. That list has grown quite a bit since I did mine.

On 9/1/2026 at 5:24 PM, Pib said:

I just uploaded the 4 requested docs of LTR Visa Stamp, Permitted to Stay Stamp, 1 Year Address Report, and visa Payment receipt.

1) Do not have notification to upload anything when logging into the new system
2) Old files apparently here: https://ltrarchives.boi.go.th/login

image.png

1 minute ago, K2938 said:

1) Do not have notification to upload anything when logging into the new system
2) Old files apparently here: https://ltrarchives.boi.go.th/login

image.png

Maybe it's just for some people. Be sure to look under the "bell" icon for any new notification and also under My "Applications." For me in those two locations is where the doc requirement showed-up.

image.png

14 minutes ago, Pib said:

Be sure to look under the "bell" icon for any new notification and also under My "Applications." For me in those two locations is where the doc requirement showed-up.

Thank you. You were right, I actually missed this.

If with "Permitted to Stay Stamp" they mean the stamp you get each time at the border when entering Thailand, then they must be crazy if they want people to submit this every time. I for example am entering and leaving Thailand many many times each year and cannot see why I should always upload this for them. If they want, they can contact migration. And soon I will use the entry machines anyway - I think they will work from November if I remember correctly - and then will not get a stamp any more anyway.

I would want to encourage everyone to write to the BOI (email address removed) that LTR visa holders should be exempted from the proposed 350 THB tourist entry fee. As you will be aware the government is currently holding a hearing concerning this.

As long-term residents, LTR visa holders should be exempted and the BOI should lobby for this to happen. But when I contacted them, they basically told me rather impolitely not to bother them.

Edited by metisdead
19. You will not post phone numbers, email addresses, business names or social media addresses in posts

4 minutes ago, K2938 said:

Thank you. You were right, I actually missed this.

If with "Permitted to Stay Stamp" they mean the stamp you get each time at the border when entering Thailand, then they must be crazy if they want people to submit this every time. I for example am entering and leaving Thailand many many times each year and cannot see why I should always upload this for them. If they want, they can contact migration. And soon I will use the entry machines anyway - I think they will work from November if I remember correctly - and then will not get a stamp any more anyway.

My understanding is they are just updating "disconnects/needed & missing docs" after switchover to the upgraded system which will also be used for those folks applying for the 2nd 5 year increment of the 10 year visa.

I would just provide the latest Permitted to Stay stamp you have in your passport. They have a question mark to click on that shows exactly what they are looking for. I didn't see anything that requires a person to provide an updated Permitted to Stay stamp "each and every time they travel in and out of the country." When you click on the icon where they want you to upload the doc you may see they also want 3 other docs talked earlier in this thread to finish cleaning up your record under the upgraded system.

1 hour ago, K2938 said:

I would want to encourage everyone to write to the BOI (email address removed) that LTR visa holders should be exempted from the proposed 350 THB tourist entry fee. As you will be aware the government is currently holding a hearing concerning this.

As long-term residents, LTR visa holders should be exempted and the BOI should lobby for this to happen. But when I contacted them, they basically told me rather impolitely not to bother them.

First of all, it's 450 baht. Second of all it has nothing to do with the BOI. If you want to complain, complain to people that it might actually matter. Though it won't matter because we're just foreigners.

So tax has always been advertised as a tourist tax, so if they follow through on that, LTR holders would not be hit with it.

2 minutes ago, BrandonJT said:

Second of all it has nothing to do with the BOI.

Of course it has something to do with the BOI. The BOI is the steward for the LTR visa in the Thai government. Thai Privilige on the contrary is not just sleeping, but actually lobbying for its visa holders

13 hours ago, Pib said:

When you click on the icon where they want you to upload the doc you may see they also want 3 other docs talked earlier in this thread to finish cleaning up your record under the upgraded system

According to the BOI "you only need to upload your visa and stay permit". So two of the four document upload requests can be ignored. Moreover, there is no specific deadline for this apart from that it needs to be done before the renewal after 5 years according to the BOI.

And the "stay permit" is not what you get each time when you cross the border back to Thailand, but the 5 year visa stamp you got when the visa was originally issued.

Edited by K2938

  • Popular Post
4 minutes ago, K2938 said:

BOI advised me "you only need to upload your visa and stay permit". So two of the four document upload requests can apparently be ignored. And the "stay permit" is not what you get each time when you cross the border back to Thailand, but the 5 year visa stamp.

Below is what they asked of me (Stay Permit)....and when clicking the ? mark icon they show exactly what they are looking for in an example (snapshot below). The portion in Thai says "First time permission to stay in the Kingdom. That is, the initial 5yr stay permit which I uploaded/provided.

image.png

1 hour ago, Pib said:

The portion in Thai says "First time permission to stay in the Kingdom. That is, the initial 5yr stay permit

That's handwritten (in Thai, of course) right above my permit stamp.

When I tried to submit with just the permit stamp, and not the other three requirements, it wouldn't take. So I provided two of those other requirements. But I don't have the receipt for the 50000 baht fee, so I just input a blank pdf document. In then uploaded smoothly.

Not sure why they want the 50k receipt.....? If you hadn't paid, you wouldn't have gotten the related LTR visa and permit of stay stamp. Duh.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 1

  • bouph12

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.