Manchester U beat Liverpool 4-0 during historic match in Bangkok

webfact

image.jpeg

Manchester United’s Tyrell Malacia (front) and Liverpool’s English defender Trent Alexander-Arnold (back) fight for the ball during the exhibition football match between English Premier League teams Manchester United and Liverpool FC at Rajamangala National Stadium in Bangkok on July 12, 2022. (Photo by MANAN VATSYAYANA / AFP)

Football fans flocked to Rajamangala National Stadium in Bangkok yesterday afternoon (Tuesday) to watch a historic football match between Manchester United and Liverpool.

The fans were seen wearing the red shirts of the two English Premier League teams and waving flags and scarves insupport of their favourite team.

“The Match Bangkok Century 2022” was preceded by a concert given by famous Chinese singer, Jackson Wang, withfemale Thai rapper Danupha “Milli” Khanatheerakul makinga special appearance and performing with him on stage. The actual match kicked off at 8pm.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/manchester-u-beat-liverpool-4-0-during-historic-match-in-bangkok/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-07-13

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

American comments on football are always meaningless.

Why is that Sir. You think we don't watch or follow Football as you EU UK folks call it.  Your leading a sheltered life. Guess we do not follow Rugby either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

I watched it on soi 23. It was a surprisingly decent game. Man Utd were taking it very seriously.

I guess they knew it was their only chance of silverware this season.

nothing more then young players trying to impress the new coach, when the serious games start half of them will not run half the distance they did yesterday..... Shaw, WB, Rash just to name a few

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

nothing more then young players trying to impress the new coach, when the serious games start half of them will not run half the distance they did yesterday..... Shaw, WB, Rash just to name a few

Yep they did the same with Ole, great for the first 15 games and then reverted to type.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Yep they did the same with Ole, great for the first 15 games and then reverted to type.

not only Ole, you didn't mention Moyes, Van Gaal, Mourinho .... firing it's on their DNA  555

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

But did they have a great evening out? You have some vetted links of happy campers.

I haven't spoke to everyone individually, although from the faces I saw in the stadium on the TV, they were certainly having fun. Also the RH was packed last night, standing room only with people having a great time in there too.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, sungod said:

I haven't spoke to everyone individually, although from the faces I saw in the stadium on the TV, they were certainly having fun. Also the RH was packed last night, standing room only with people having a great time in there too.

During maybe but after when it truly hit them one wonders how they felt....

2 hours ago, Mavideol said:

they went for the booze not for the meaningless football game  555

2 of the biggest clubs in world football come to play in Thailand.people get to  see the teams and players they support in real life instead of Just on TV. Maybe meaningless to you, but not to others.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mavideol said:

am sure you mean "soccer"  correct?   555

Doubt it. He means Association Football - a game you play with your feet and where you get penalised for using your hands to play the ball. Otherwise it would be Handandfootball.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sungod said:

Didn't see anyone drinking in the stadium on TV. Got any links?

maybe we were watching a different game, the game I watched had many people with booze on their hands.... or maybe I was blindsided