Pity the kids - this is what some are getting for lunch for 21 baht - is someone creaming off the top?

webfact

13 hours ago, tingtong said:

A small apple at the market = 10 thb, a somewhat larger = 15thb.

A banana approx = 7-8thb ( think 7-11 sells for 9?)

A cup noodle soup in 7-11 cost 15thb plus.

A cup of yoghurt cos 14 thb, one with a bit muesli 20thb.

Just a few samples...

If the school food budget is 21thb per day, and one supposed to serve the kids from it too, and turn some profit too,

The reality that 21 thb won't buy a lot of balanced diet nowadays.

But understand why it may be hard to swallow that fact by some.

"But understand why it may be hard to swallow that fact by some.". was that intended as a pun?

23 hours ago, webfact said:

Several sections on the lunch tray - that were supposed to contain fruit and a sweet so that the children got a semblance of balance in their diet - were just empty.

Thailands offering to children is meager in comparison to Japan, who think the education and health of their children deserves the best.

image.jpeg.cdb677d5c74844a9e329d7ed08942003.jpg

acc71b2091096637c9f0a9dc4f1d7e75.jpg

• Like 1

Honestly that doesn't look like too bad a meal to me!

I don't have much experience with children of that age but I'm dating a girl at the moment who has a daughter at kindergarten and she'd struggle to even finish that. I don't know if she's typical of a child of her age but, if she is, I don't see much point wasting money on bigger portions, with the caveat that if the child _does_ finish and _is_ still hungry then they can get seconds.

A couple of pieces of fruit wouldn't go amiss, though.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

The information is out in the public domain so what are the authorities now going to do about it? My guess would be nothing just a lot of hot air to make themselves look good.

Do what is necessary and words are not required.

Media reports of poor quality and small pood at schools (many schools) has happened a hundred times before.

There's always the fake outcry from schools heads etc., and it goes quiet, probably with a little improvement, and the promised investigation never mentioned again.

But what never happens is any comment or real reaction from the Ed. minister/ministry. These guys should be accountable but they just ignore it and nobody challenges them.

Unfortunately, stand by for the next similar report ...

• Like 1

On 7/14/2022 at 7:13 AM, worgeordie said:

Please sir may I have some more......

regards Worgeordie

Food glorious food hot sausage and mustard , while we're in the mood cold jelly and custard.

But not tonight , that will be Chicken Tikka Masala.

• Haha 1