New to TEFL and need help finding a job

On 10/25/2022 at 7:46 PM, carlyai said:

There several International Schools in Bangkok. Ruamrudii International School, Bangkok I S, and more. There are also several in Pattaya. The Regents is one.

Look them up, then dress neatly and take your degree, TEFEL Cert, CV and go and see them.

Also a High So Thai school, Bangkok Christian College in Satorn road. They also team teach (or used to). 

Do the rounds.

Chang Mai also has International Schools and a big university campus at Khong Kean that has English teachers.

Used to be big language schools around Siam Square.

Good luck. ????

Get a TEFL, smile and start working at an international school.  Wow, it's a different world for some.

Edited by markclover

On 7/17/2022 at 9:41 PM, JupiWoopy said:

Sorry, I outright refuse to work for ฿30,000 full time.

I would like to do this long term, but if I'm not going to be paid a livable wage then I'll search somewhere else. I refuse to get a Master's degree for a job that pays less than minimum wage in my country. I'll just try a different country. Thanks for the help.

Thailand is NOT a place to make a career teaching English. As previously  posted, a great paid vacation. If you're too good to work for ฿30k and get your foot in the door to look around, then you need to seek life elsewhere.

On 10/25/2022 at 7:46 PM, carlyai said:

There several International Schools in Bangkok. Ruamrudii International School, Bangkok I S, and more. There are also several in Pattaya. The Regents is one.

Look them up, then dress neatly and take your degree, TEFEL Cert, CV and go and see them.

Also a High So Thai school, Bangkok Christian College in Satorn road. They also team teach (or used to). 

Do the rounds.

Chang Mai also has International Schools and a big university campus at Khong Kean that has English teachers.

Used to be big language schools around Siam Square.

Good luck. ????

I've worked at Regents. A Bachelors and TEFL won't even get you past the front door for an interview. Their requirements are very high, as are most international schools.

• Like 1