Car/truck valet places.

Kwasaki

How much do you pay. 

The place I go with the truck to get cleaned does a good job and the cheapest one to clean underneath, inside and out cost 180 say (£5).

They do a few more costly valet but still what seems reasonable.

My son UK told me a garage where he takes his car had damaged a front part of his car.

They got fixed as new a didn't charge for the car service and as a good will gesture had a valet done that cost £200.????

When I said whow !!!!  he said that you can get a car wash for about a £10 but they have valet clean prices going up to £600, the UK has gone mad. 

• Like 1

Family car sales/service business in the UK has a pitch with up to 40 cars max. We used to employ a valeter but now have a contract with a mobile guy who stops by about twice a week. Full valet inc engine bay is £36-50 per car (the higher price is for leather trim).  Obviously he will charge more to his retail customers - prob twice that.

There are 'detailers' around that do so-called 'paint correction', apply 'nanocoatings' and all manner of stuff for which you can pay a small fortune. Mostly its BS but a lot of people buy into it I guess.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, HauptmannUK said:

Family car sales/service business in the UK has a pitch with up to 40 cars max. We used to employ a valeter but now have a contract with a mobile guy who stops by about twice a week. Full valet inc engine bay is £36-50 per car (the higher price is for leather trim).  Obviously he will charge more to his retail customers - prob twice that.

There are 'detailers' around that do so-called 'paint correction', apply 'nanocoatings' and all manner of stuff for which you can pay a small fortune. Mostly its BS but a lot of people buy into it I guess.

It was the garage manager who told him how much the valet would of cost him because they didn't charge him and also getting a sheduled service for free.

To cut story short the damage a foreman employee did to his SUV taking it off the ramp was the front splitter on the front bumper who then said that my son brought the car in like that.

He didn't know a mechanic working there was a friend of my son and saw what happened.

Anyway my son said he had a full decontamination wash, paint protection and machine polish and the car smells like a new one again.

Edited by Kwasaki