How to sell belongings....

Reposed

What is the best way to sell items here in LOS?

I have a number of items I have no need of:

I don't use Facebook, so please don't suggest that. Any other classified avenues?

Thanks for any valid suggestions.

11 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Bank transfer, then ship by Kerry or similar courier would be my suggestion.

Okay, thanks, but would you transfer money to a stranger and hope to get what you bought?

I'm not familiar with any of this so forgive me if I'm missing something.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pomchop said:

Maybe consider just giving it away to some poor Thais if not all that valuable?  Save you a lot of aggravation and might make big difference to some less fortunates?

Items are valuable.

90% of people here are using Facebook Marketplace and Sell groups on Facebook. Other suggested websites are very dead in comparison to Facebook and will not have much luck selling anything. I don't use Facebook, but I have Facebook account with fake name just for selling/buying. It's the only way.

If you selling people will send you money first to bank account.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Reposed said:

Okay, thanks, but would you transfer money to a stranger and hope to get what you bought?

Kerry COD, at the post office or any courier company that does this.

You pack, deliver to courier and the courier collects the money on your behalf upon delivery and puts it in your nominated bank account minus a % handling fee.

Dont know about them handling delivering big items though.

Edited by userabcd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Reposed said:

If you think about it thats exactly what happens on Lazada every day !  or any online transaction.You dont use facebook marketplace but same there too.Other alternative is to offer C.O.D.

• Thanks 1

For electronics, furniture etc. Facebook marketplace has worked best for me. When I tried selling electronics on Kaidee nearly only scammers contacted me.

Kaidee worked fine for vehicles though.

95% of people who buy second hand stuff will pick it up themself because they are afraid of scammers, even low value items.

The 5% who opt. for shipping will usually ask you to up a short video showing you and the item, or ask you to write something specific on a piece of paper and take a picture of it together with the items..

1 minute ago, FriendlyFarang said:

For electronics, furniture etc. Facebook marketplace has worked best for me. When I tried selling electronics on Kaidee nearly only scammers contacted me.

Kaidee worked fine for vehicles though.

95% of people who buy second hand stuff will pick it up themself because they are afraid of scammers, even low value items.

The 5% who opt. for shipping will usually ask you to up a short video showing you and the item, or ask you to write something specific on a piece of paper and take a picture of it together with the items..

Yeah, when in the States last year for a few months, selling my vehicle and other items, the scammers were unbelievable. Don't ever want to go through that again. Guess I'll get a Facebook account and use it on the phone I want to sell, haha.

I live rural, but have a place in BKK. Think I'll wait until I go there, stay a few weeks. That should make things a lot easier.

On 7/17/2022 at 5:49 AM, CH1961 said:

But just for overprized china <deleted> your mom had on her fireplace ????

John doesn't sell anything, everything that is auctioned is brought in by private sellers.

And guess why he has that China <deleted>.

Because those UK pensioners who arrived here ages ago brought it with them, and now need to sell it to extend their stay in Thailand a few more months.

Maybe you are one of them?

I used Kaidee a few times selling a portable monitor and laptop with great success, reminds me of craigslist. I never do online payments, always met in person, cash in hand, met at a mall (bank)/condo during the day, well lit/security/cameras/public place

Edited by dj230